Show us yer film shots then!

Came upon this fella amongst the parked cars whilst out in the country yesterday.....First time trying out the Vivitar MC 2 X Tele Converter I got with my OM-10 package ( with the Zuiko 50mm).

He was even kind enough to hang around whilst i changed lenses! :D
26insectfromom10tp.jpg

Shot at 2012-09-17

25insectfromom10tp.jpg

Shot at 2012-09-17

From a recent trip to Ibiza.

On kodacolor 200 (expired) with a canon EOS 300x and a nikon 24mm lens.
A scan by Boots, it looks softer in reality than here but flickr looks to have sharpened it on upload.

ibiza sunset by JB Stills, on Flickr

Very nice set Andy.............Eric brings back memories from a long while back when I briefly visited Morecambe and rural Scotland ......well what can I say that hasn't been said about it.....beautiful!

Woodsy, I love the subtle nature that you have created in the first two photo's, it gives them a very English countryside feel if you know what I mean and #3 has a wonderful BIG sky. I like.

@ Woodsy ~ cracking images there really capture the beuty of the English landscape.

Woodsy

#1. That golden side light on the foreground makes this shot sing. I've spent several minutes gazing into the Lanscape.

#2. It's all about the sky, unfortunately for me after #1 the foreground is a bit drab. Perhaps better as Landscape orientation.

#3. Gorgeous, nuff said...

Many thanks for the feedback everyone, I really do appreciate it!

Trev, I do definitely agree with you about #2. It just doesn't quite cut the mustard as a whole. I initially started out with a slightly longer lens in landscape orientation, switching to a wider (90mm, instead of 150mm) lens, fearing an empty composition. Wish I'd stuck to my guns now! Live and learn eh!

Thanks again peops :)

Nice set of images there Andy however there is something wrong with them :eek:

None of them are square :LOL:

27740031CS5.jpg

Nice unusual colours...your shot reminded me of the one I took, and have named it "live long and prosper" :) :-

livelongprosper.jpg

spock.jpg

Last edited:
We have one here too......just not as colourful as your english ones :D

baldix.jpg

Shot at 2012-06-15

Finally finished scanning my Berlin negatives! Here are a few I am quite fond of:

Superia 200.

wall shadow
by rednorters, on Flickr

The Rokkor 28mm 2.8 surprised me here. A very dimly lit room in the Stasi Museum. Superia 400:

headless
by rednorters, on Flickr

Superia 400 converted in post:

taxi
by rednorters, on Flickr

Superia 200:

museum
by rednorters, on Flickr

All taken with my X-300 and the aforementioned 28mm 2.8.
Thanks for looking as always (y)

The Rokkor 28mm 2.8 surprised me here. A very dimly lit room in the Stasi Museum. Superia 400:

headless
by rednorters, on Flickr

I like this, the headless lady makes it quite surreal.

A few more from the OM-10

33tp.jpg

Shot at 2012-09-19

32tp.jpg

Shot at 2012-09-19

22tpk.jpg

Shot at 2012-09-19

I did my first set of home-devved C41 the weekend before last. 4 rolls in two batches. The first batch was slightly hot (I thought it would cool in the tank faster than it did,so dev was at about 41 degrees) so had some colour shifts, but the second batch came out ok. Pics here are all from a roll of Ektar in that first batch, so still eminantly useable!

This one was so contrasty I converted it in post:
20120919122858_scan-120901-0018.jpg

Ektar reds with a cast:
20120919122846_scan-120901-0007.jpg

Some were just fine though :)
20120919122852_scan-120901-0014.jpg

Cuchulainn,

I just love #1 the way the boat and the two people are just fixed as the focal point is just stunning the rest of the composition does not really matter, it looks like the boat has been pasted on after like a collage, fantastic..

I did my first set of home-devved C41 the weekend before last. 4 rolls in two batches. The first batch was slightly hot (I thought it would cool in the tank faster than it did,so dev was at about 41 degrees) so had some colour shifts, but the second batch came out ok. Pics here are all from a roll of Ektar in that first batch, so still eminantly useable!

This one was so contrasty I converted it in post:
20120919122858_scan-120901-0018.jpg

Contrasty or not, the conversion works for me...(y)

Some were just fine though :)
20120919122852_scan-120901-0014.jpg

Love this! ...a solitary figure....wonder what he's thinking about!

The blue of the sea is almost mesmorizing!

Ironically I used a very similar theme recently in my film 52

Last edited:
:cool:

Is that the Midland Hotel in the background?

[apologies for perennial architectural curiosity]

My mum stayed there last month, and is going back in March.

Her room is the one on the second floor with the window open!

How scary is that?

Heather

Fantastic work Liam, very ethereal.

One from the pinhole camera I made at christmas...

5x4 Fomapan 100 - 50mm f169

The simplest of cameras to take the most creative of shots, congratulations.

Thanks guys, I need to shoot more film as I have been a bit rubbish recently. I do have 5 films from mongolia to develop but I just need to wait for the student loan to come in..

Here is what the camera looks like if anyone is interested.

Asha said:
In a word...gorgeous!

Prefer the composure of the first one but the sky makes the shot in the second.

Two very nice efforts!

Thanks very much! It was a difficult day, cloudy then sunny with plenty of contrast around. I think that only B&W film could really cope with it.

Super stuff Jim. I think you're right, b&w definitely works better in these conditions.

Andy

Back