Show us yer film shots then!

PMN said:
I was just wracking my brains trying to figure out how you knew that and I realised I'd tagged the image! It was indeed the 24-105L. :)

Tag? I didn't even notice :D

This was taken as part of a test roll to see if I had cured the tramline scratches that I was getting with my Rolleiflex 2.8f. It seems to have worked.

There must have been a tiny nick on the screw head of one of the screws near the rollers. I couldn't see anything or feel it with my fingers but having lined up one of the spoiled negs in the camera the scratches matched the position of the screws. Having covered the screw heads with felt there are no longer any scratches. :):):)

Taken on fuji acros 100, semi-stand developed Rodinal 100+1, 60mins.

North Beach Groyne by wickerman6, on Flickr

Last edited:
wickerman said:
This was taken as part of a test roll to see if I had cured the tramline scratches that I was getting with my Rolleiflex 2.8f. It seems to have worked.

There must have been a tiny nick on the screw head of one of the screws near the rollers. I couldn't see anything or feel it with my fingers but having lined up one of the spoiled negs in the camera the scratches matched the position of the screws. Having covered the screw heads with felt there are no longer any scratches. :):):)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/87008388@N07/8136131361/

Super shot. Looks like a concrete U Boat..

Excellent shot, wonderful clarity, what I do to Acros 100 I don't know, shots always end up about three shades of grey and very little else:thinking:

Probably more likely to be a light leak on the shutter curtain itself - I think TheBigYin or someone else had a Fed/Zorki that needed a curtain to be patched over. Take the lens off and have a look to see if there's any damage to the shutter curtains.

Flare doesn't often look like that, although I'd need to see other pictures and flare does come in so many different forms that it's difficult to say for sure!

Thanks for the advice, there is a slight "sheen" to one section of the curtain, even with a 1.4k lumens torch running through the shutter neither curtain seems to "leak", There are more images here, those bridge photos were taken on a really sunny day and the sun was low in the sky.http://www.flickr.com/photos/tequila-mockingbird/sets/72157631614834914/

The lens hood turned up recently, and I have slapped an industar61 on the camera for the agfa vista challenge. Hoping the issue is flare and I don't need to get creative with paint.

Yep - it was me...

How the problem manifested itself...

the cause

basically, the rubberised fabric of the shutter had "degraded" (read the rubber had perished and fell off into the camera!) - solved the problem with matt-black latex fabric paint (£2 from fleabay!)

If this is the problem, you can check for it by opening the camera, removing the lens, and shining a powerful torch through the lens mount opening. If the curtain has gone "porous" then it's a easy fix...

Thanks for the guidance. If the issue doesn't disappear with the lens change I know what to do. Was it just bog standard dylon fabric paint?

Last edited:
The stuff I bought was "DecoArt SoSoft Fabric Paint" in Lamp Black - just gave the shutter a thin coat, left it overnight to dry, sined the lamp again, and painted in any bits that were still thin, left overnight again, repeat until light-tight. Idea is to put the barest minimum of paint on there that'll bloc the light, without slowing the shutter speed or stiffening the fabric!

http://500px.com/photo/17028417

Took this with a Olympus OM10 with 1997 expired Kodak GOLD

Hey - Lewis - this thread is "Show us your film shots" NOT PIMP YOUR 500px Account.

Please post the actual shot in the thread.

to save anyone else having to mess about clicking through it's this one...

4.jpg

A couple of mine shot on Acros 100, the dodgy character on the right is fellow TP member robhooley167!

Untitled by Paul Nichols, on Flickr

And one more, the inside of Leeds Corn Exchange. A wonderfully characterful building well worth calling into if you're around Leeds with a camera!

Untitled by Paul Nichols, on Flickr

I'M sure I've seen that guy in the first shot somehere before!!! lol

Love the symetery in the Corn Exchange shot.

Cracking shot!

Only just started playing around with stand development. Upto press only devd a couple of old films but going on your result with this and other shots i've seen on here devd in a similar way, I'm tempted to play around some more.

I guess there are some b&w films that stand dev better than others....which ones are best avoided??

Thanks for sharing your remedy re the tramline problem....I have a few old cameras that have a tendency to do the same....attaching a little felt is a superb idea!

I have done stand devlopment with Delta 400, Delta 100 and they worked well very well.

Cracking shot!

Only just started playing around with stand development. Upto press only devd a couple of old films but going on your result with this and other shots i've seen on here devd in a similar way, I'm tempted to play around some more.

I guess there are some b&w films that stand dev better than others....which ones are best avoided??

Thanks for sharing your remedy re the tramline problem....I have a few old cameras that have a tendency to do the same....attaching a little felt is a superb idea!

I think I'm probably the wrong person to ask for advice on this, it was only my third film that I have developed myself and the first that I have stand developed. :):)

I found the flickr "Stand Development " group a useful place to look at various examples, link here: http://www.flickr.com/groups/stand-development/

I think I'm probably the wrong person to ask for advice on this, it was only my third film that I have developed myself and the first that I have stand developed. :):)

I found the flickr "Stand Development " group a useful place to look at various examples, link here: http://www.flickr.com/groups/stand-development/

Well to say you're only starting out with deving your own, i'd say you've got a natural touch!

Thanks for the link!

Sorry my bad! new to the forum, still unsure on inserting photos :(

You were nearly there with your initial attempt (yes, we CAN check historic edits!) - instead of the whole link from 500px, just copy the bit between http:// and .jpg and paste it into the box provided when you click on the
insertimage.gif
button...

:plus1:

Particularly like the horse.....Looks like he had been working hard!

Andy, more excellently executed Yashica squares!

Ebilpirate said:
Go on. Homemade camera?

Yep, i call it the "cushina" as the bag bellows i had to make give it a cushion appearance. I keep meaning to post some photos of it but its still going through some tweaking. Essentially its a lens one end and a film holder the other, movements for front and rear, fidelity type darkslide holder badaboom badabing

Andy Grant,

I say again you have that TLR of your's of to perfection, do you sleep with it.:)

Wonderful quality and technically great shots.(y)

Andy Grant,

I say again you have that TLR of your's of to perfection, do you sleep with it.:)

Wonderful quality and technically great shots.(y)

Thanks Richard. Actually we're just good friends although the wife would probably agree with you.:D

Spectacular, which theatre is this if you don't mind me asking?

Is it the Empress Ballroom at the Winter Gardens in Blackpool by any chance?

I'M sure I've seen that guy in the first shot somehere before!!! lol

Love the symetery in the Corn Exchange shot.

And yeah, you can't really miss him! I'm meeting him for beers in around 15 minutes so for the moment I know I can insult him on here without him realising until at least tomorrow! :LOL:

Last edited:
PMN said:
And yeah, you can't really miss him! I'm meeting him for beers in around 15 minutes so for the moment I know I can insult him on here without him realising until at least tomorrow! :LOL:

:bat:

Asha said:
:LOL: looks like you might be buying him a pint Paul to sweeten him up :D :D

It would probably be in his best interests :p

Back