Show us yer film shots then!

A local walk with the Yashica 124G with what i thought was a roll of Portra, but turned out to be Tri -X

I do wish the 124G had a film reminder holder - I've just discovered mine has a film loaded with five shots to go and no idea of what's in it. The meter is set to 200 and I know the previous film was XP2 rated at 200 so I'm hoping this one's the same ... or maybe I changed film stock and forgot to change the meter ....

1st test results from the Hasselblad and 80mm 2.8. Tri x, no post processing. Straight of the cd from peak. I haven't decided if they would benefit from pp. seems to work well but there was one very slightly overlapping frame on the negs. Also I need to get used to composing for the square format and the angle of view of the lenses. I think I could also do with an extension tube for closer shots.

25861-001-0012.jpg by biotecbob, on Flickr

25861-001-0008.jpg by biotecbob, on Flickr

25861-001-0007.jpg by biotecbob, on Flickr

25861-001-0012.jpg by biotecbob, on Flickr

Last edited:
I promised Asha that I would post my take on our trip to Reculver castle,just had some slide back an hour ago and this is what I have so far,colour of course:).

The last one is just to show that the old bugger was there. :)

#1.

#2.

#3.

#4.

Taken with Nikon F3,Nikkor 55mm micro and 200Asa slide film(Boots)

Last shot has to be the best of the set Richard :p@medwaygreen but that horizon needs a degree anti clockwise mate! :D:D:D

Last edited:
Few shots from a trek out to Ilkley recently

NiDIpSa.jpg

j7w03sA.jpg

pm2plyx.jpg

4Go5KKO.jpg

ZgtRHp2.jpg

LE7lzE9.jpg

rO9pvO9.jpg

Took a few photos of a on onion on a chopping board last week to practice focusing with the Arca. These two shots are the same except for the selective focus. In the first I wanted to try separating the face of the cut onion from the background, but I wanted the whole of its face to be in focus using tilt and swing. The second is the same shot but I wanted to get everything in focus. They're not the most exciting of shots but it was more of a technical exercise for myself as a LF noob :)

Love the detail in these, particularly your second pic, @Carl Hall :)

Must be something in the water round these parts ... probably all the whisky ... but I also had a go at macro this week. Not that impressed with the results, I used the T90 and 100mm f/4 macro lens and those were ok but I'm not happy with the film. It's Polypan F, bought as a short reel for the bulk loader. From what I've read, it's an ISO 50 movie film stock that's being sold as a Pan F equivalent. The noise has been accentuated by flickr's sharpening but the range is pretty poor too - I uploaded a partially peeled picture on flickr and the whites are completely blown. Still, I wouldn't have known if I hadn't tried it.

Macro Mandarin 3
by Dean Varney, on Flickr

Back