Show us yer film shots then!

FPOTY - Aug17 - Trees
by Strappy, on Flickr

My re-entry for this month's FPOTY, disqualified by me on the basis that I didn't remember the rules until after I'd tried to adjust it for flickr's over-sharpening (and I'm pretty sure the overall exposure went up by half a stop). Completely my own fault and if we didn't follow the rules, where would we be?

I'll tell you. France. :eek:

Still not happy with it though. Looks so much smoother in Lightroom. :(

That's not hair, that's moss. Lazy so'n'so :D

Specifically, Sphagnales (from a quick google of 'moss' :D)

Oi, you're a cheeky madam as well young Ms Woodsy. :D

I had a similar problem to Andysnap I had to explain to my Grandson who wanted to see the photos that the photos were on a roll inside the camera (a point and press) I left the room for two seconds when I came back in he had opened the camera so he could see them ! A lesson to me to explain things better !

Went to Iceland again in March this year. As is the norm now, all film, no digital. I need to blog it but going through the photos and finding the right words is proving difficult for me at the moment. :eek:(

Anyway, here's one from one evening after a long drive to the Snaefelsness Peninsula...

Leica M2 - Fuji Pro400H

Snæfellsnes Peninsula

Came across this fearsome gentleman whilst out and about in Tamworth Part of the Kings army. Taken using a Jenaflex 35mm camera.(part of a collection inherited from my dad.
34778813215_fb392b2709_k.jpg

These seem a little more friendly

34616539622_b58a51e414_z.jpg
34393211140_56a364270b_k.jpg
34738594766_2380d69e2d_z.jpg

Sorry for the difference in size !

Last edited:
Whilst even a film enthusiast like myself would admit that handheld low-light shots are an area where digital has advantages, Portra 400 didn't do too bad when pushed to 3200 in this case:

Ljubljana Cathedral
by Kevin Allan, on Flickr

Hand-held for 1/20s in a Fujifilm GA645Zi and home developed in Fuji Hunt C41 chemicals

Last edited:
That is absolbloominlutely lovely! Quite possibly the colour isn't accurate but who cares...

A couple of large format (4x5) portraits. Linhof master technika, Ilford FP4+ film, DDX developer.

img390 by biotecbob, on Flickr

img389 by biotecbob, on Flickr

These are really nice Rob and something I want to do more of. Can I ask what kind of aperture you are shooting at here?

Andy

These are really nice Rob and something I want to do more of. Can I ask what kind of aperture you are shooting at here?

Andy

Thanks Andy. I was trying out an old Schneider Xenotar 150mm 2.8 lens and I used it wide open at f2.8. It is pretty rare to get lenses this fast for large format.

Thanks Andy. I was trying out an old Schneider Xenotar 150mm 2.8 lens and I used it wide open at f2.8. It is pretty rare to get lenses this fast for large format.

OK, well you have nailed the focus in both of those mate. I am definitely going to do more LF portraits, they look superb.

OK, well you have nailed the focus in both of those mate. I am definitely going to do more LF portraits, they look superb.

Yes you should definitely do some more. I find it quite a lot more involved than using smaller formats but when it works out it is quite satisfying. Of course you do have to get your subjects to pose for a bit longer. I do think there is something nice about the range of tones you get from the larger negatives.

That's lovely, Kevin - the haze in the background is so atmospheric! As a technical question, what length lens did you use to shoot this? I'm guessing longer?

That's lovely, Kevin - the haze in the background is so atmospheric! As a technical question, what length lens did you use to shoot this? I'm guessing longer?
The fuji ga645zi has a very short zoom of about 35-55mm equivalent. I probably used the 55 end and this is cropped to about two-thirds of the original

The fuji ga645zi has a very short zoom of about 35-55mm equivalent. I probably used the 55 end and this is cropped to about two-thirds of the original
Interesting! Thanks very much - I'm trying to improve on the depth of my landscape photos (I usually err on the side of really wide) and it's nice to see the theory in practice!

A couple from Cornwall over the Summer - Konica Auto S2 - Fomapan 100

000014510007.jpg

000014510021.jpg

A couple from Cornwall over the Summer - Konica Auto S2 - Fomapan 100

000014510007.jpg

000014510021.jpg
I particularly like the 2nd coastal landscape! Fomapan 100 has been making an appearance on my Instagram feed lately and I have been, and continue to be, impressed with the results that people are getting with it. I hadn't really considered it before but now I will have to try some.

Back