Show us yer film shots then!

I've just bought an F4. I'm struggling to work out how you managed to elevate it sufficiently to take that first photo.

A technical tour de force it may well be, but that thing weighs about 2 hundredweight!

Which means that you can take very steady pictures at slow speeds [emoji4]

Nikon F4, 80-200 2.8, Fomapan 100

Been trying Fomopan 100; Canon AE1-program - mixed results on the whole, certainly less impressive than Kendo1's example.

fp100_2.jpg

I shot a roll of Kosmo Mono 100 and expired Superia 400 recently in my OM1. Mainly family shots before/during our holiday in Fuerteventura and a couple showing a light leak so the next job is replacement seals!

1) Our little Rosie before her first dog show (local park, not Crufts!)

Expired Superia 400 - OM1 by Steve Lloyd, on Flickr

2) Third place!

3) Escape to the sun

4) The view from the balcony

5) Jake and Chloe on Kosmo Mono

Kosmo Mono 100 - OM1 by Steve Lloyd, on Flickr

6) Bit of street

Kosmo Mono 100 - OM1 by Steve Lloyd, on Flickr

Apart from the light leak, I'm happy that the OM1 metered well in a range of lighting conditions as I'm using a 1.35v hearing aid battery with foil packing.

Last edited:
Been trying Fomopan 100; Canon AE1-program - mixed results on the whole, certainly less impressive than Kendo1's example.

fp100_2.jpg

How are you developing it and scanning?
I had a bit of a problem with 1 roll, the one that pic was taken from. I didn't put enough developer in so that a third of the negative was underdeveloped.
I had to sort it in post.
I use ID-11 1+1 for 10 mins.

How are you developing it and scanning?
I had a bit of a problem with 1 roll, the one that pic was taken from. I didn't put enough developer in so that a third of the negative was underdeveloped.
I had to sort it in post.
I use ID-11 1+1 for 10 mins.

FilmDev - straight out of the can, no special requests.
On reviewing more of the scans, I think in lower light (less optimal) conditions I'm under exposing, and they are coming out flat, I'll bear this in mind on the next roll.

Last edited:
Tried out the Rollei today :) Picture content is poor but I am really pleased with how the camera performed - in camera metering worked very well in the ''contrasty' lighting and there were no light leaks!

Took a bit of getting used to left being right and levelling the camera - the 120 film took some loading onto the dev.spiral as well; need more practice.

Acton Bridge 2 by Fraser White, on Flickr

Acton Bridge 3 by Fraser White, on Flickr

Acton Bridge 1 by Fraser White, on Flickr

FilmDev - straight out of the can, no special requests.
On reviewing more of the scans, I think in lower light (less optimal) conditions I'm under exposing, and they are coming out flat, I'll bear this in mind on the next roll.

FilmDev use a Noritsu scanner and they tend to be very grainy. The Noritsu is really designed for colour film or XP2. I have a Noritsu and it takes quite a bit of work to get decent B & W film scans from it.

Ingleborough on the Intrepid 4x5 and Fomapan 100 developed in HC110:

Southerscales Nature Reserve
by Kevin Allan, on Flickr

I won't be using the Intrepid for a few weeks as I dropped the ground glass frame on to rocks, resulting in a ground glass in fifty pieces. The plastic fresnel lens (a post-purchase add-on) survived. I've ordered a replacement from a Chinese ebay supplier so will have to wait a while for delivery.

I framed this shot just before dropping and smashing the ground glass - since the ground glass holder was intact it was still possible to hold the DDS in place and I had already focussed so took the shot anyway. However in the confusion I probably forgot to stop down the aperture so it was very overexposed.

Intrepid 4*5 and Fomapan 100

Low Force, River Tees

Tried out the Rollei today :) Picture content is poor but I am really pleased with how the camera performed - in camera metering worked very well in the ''contrasty' lighting and there were no light leaks!

Took a bit of getting used to left being right and levelling the camera - the 120 film took some loading onto the dev.spiral as well; need more practice.

Acton Bridge 2 by Fraser White, on Flickr

Acton Bridge 3 by Fraser White, on Flickr

Acton Bridge 1 by Fraser White, on Flickr

I found it a lot easier when I put my Autocord on a monopod. It reduces the degrees of freedom, and let's you concentrate on the left-right problem without the up-down problem making it harder!

I know, few others like monopods, but I find them very useful.

FilmDev use a Noritsu scanner and they tend to be very grainy. The Noritsu is really designed for colour film or XP2. I have a Noritsu and it takes quite a bit of work to get decent B & W film scans from it.

You can request the Fuji Frontier scanner at Filmdev if you like. I hadn't heard of this distinction before!

I found it a lot easier when I put my Autocord on a monopod. It reduces the degrees of freedom, and let's you concentrate on the left-right problem without the up-down problem making it harder!

I know, few others like monopods, but I find them very useful.

I've gone for a 45 deg. rotating prism Chris but I like the idea of the monopod so will try this as I like the WLF :)

Yesterday was a day of 'firsts' for me; trying out the Rollei and shooting some colour 35mm stock to practice home developing colour film. (It's over 25yrs since I last did this!). The negatives were scanned using a Noritsu LS 600 scanner I purchased a couple of months ago. (Thought I would practice on cheaper film stock to start with).

Nikon F3, Nikkor 50mm f1.8, Kodak Gold 200:

Actin Bridge 5 by Fraser White, on Flickr

Acton Bridge 7 by Fraser White, on Flickr

Acton Bridge 8 by Fraser White, on Flickr

Acton Bridge 9 by Fraser White, on Flickr

Last edited:
Just processed a roll of Kentmere 400 that has been in the camera for a few months, I always like to get a few surprises from a roll that has been in the camera for while. I won't be using Kentmere again though, it must be the grainiest film going.
Tilberthwaite by Chris H, on Flickr

Tilberthwaite by Chris H, on Flickr

Ambleside by Chris H, on Flickr

Pegasus on a Traffic Island in Dudley Panasonic C420 AF Kodak colour plus 200

4.JPG

Steam Punks at Whitby Goth festival April 2018 Panasonic C420 AF Kodak colour plus 200
1.JPG

One of Whitby's Yards Panasonic C420 AF Kodak colour plus 200
2.JPG

More Whitby Goths Panasonic C420 AF Kodak colour plus 200
3.JPG

I framed this shot just before dropping and smashing the ground glass - since the ground glass holder was intact it was still possible to hold the DDS in place and I had already focussed so took the shot anyway. However in the confusion I probably forgot to stop down the aperture so it was very overexposed.

Intrepid 4*5 and Fomapan 100

Low Force, River Tees
Its going somewhere this picture, not a fan of the dodgy border but if I imagine it was a dull flat day, the over exposure mebbe perked it up a bit....:)

Sirch I tried Kentmere 400 and suffered the same problem I must admit I've only used XP2 and one roll of FP4 in the past but found the grain a little too much ( In fact a lot too much) for my liking. The sky looked very gritty.

Well I believe "what can go wrong will go wrong"....so tied a rope around the tree and tied to a stake in the ground for expected fall, moved the seat over in case of slight error, cut the tree at right angle to the rope...h'mm but the tree had a mind of it's own and decide to land on to the seat. :eek:
npwrNZr.jpg

Messing with scheimpflug, this is more than 1:1 macro and pretty much all in focus thanks to the movements on an MPP view camera. I was quite pleased with how it came out, Ilford delta 400

Clockwork by Chris H, on Flickr

It's out of an old clock, I took the top plate off to get a clear shot of the wheels

Well thats my idea for this month's FPOTY well and truly scuppered. :D

John Rylands library in Manchester taken with a Yashicamat 124G and Tri-X rated at 1600:

John Rylands Library, Manchester

Kevin, the upper art of this and most of the window work really well, but I find the lights in the lower part a bit difficult to look at. The halo around them is really quite weird. Everything else about the pic I liked, though...

Kevin, the upper art of this and most of the window work really well, but I find the lights in the lower part a bit difficult to look at. The halo around them is really quite weird. Everything else about the pic I liked, though...
I did wonder about the lights but they give a sort of ethereal look so I decided on balance that I liked it as it made a shot that might otherwise have looked a bit cliched a bit different. I might be tempted to play about with the lighting levels a bit in photoshop though to try to regain a bit of detail in the window and make it look a bit more dramatic and contrasty?

I did wonder about the lights but they give a sort of ethereal look so I decided on balance that I liked it as it made a shot that might otherwise have looked a bit cliched a bit different. I might be tempted to play about with the lighting levels a bit in photoshop though to try to regain a bit of detail in the window and make it look a bit more dramatic and contrasty?

I wasn't expecting the lights to look like that, and didn't care for the result at first. But I did get some more "normal" photos on (excuse my language) an iPhone and so I'm content to leave this film image as an, err, "alternative interpretation".

Last edited:
Back