Show us yer film shots then!

@FishyFish

Your scans are great, sharp and contrasty. I may have asked you this before but do you do them yourself or are they from a lab?

Ta.

Given that 5 inches is 12cm approx, to get 6x17 requires a 5x7 or larger camera. Happily, Mike Walker can not only supply a 5x7, but can also get the amazing Canham motorised 6x17 back. The site says POA but I can recall a time when a four figure price was given :D

Last edited:
^^^^^^^^^^

Very good set there Andy, I very much like the atmosphere you have created. Portra 160 works well. (y).

Don't forget guys bluebells coming out...well I've got some nice bluebell shots erm well IMO ;) but thought I'd try something different a year or so ago and used a lens, when wide open, which gives a glow on bright things
1ZNkyId.jpg

OR if too many bluebells are boring then what about just a few..the M42 35mm Pentax lens seems good for this type of shot
DPxrjvo.jpg

Last edited:
First attempt with the MPP View camera, this is actually shot on 120 roll film, Ilford Delta 400, using a roll-film back and of course the double exposure is an entirely intentional artistic interpretation the scotch glasses ;) (and nothing to do with it being the only marginally usable shot from 8 on that roll...)

Scotch by Chris H, on Flickr

There’s a real timeless quality to that, looks like it could been shot anytime in the last 90 years.

Snap, I love my 612 back but I often wish I'd got something just a little bit wider. If only he didn't have 100+ cameras to build and could focus o the real priority here :)

It's just plain selfish, eh? :D

Yeah, sorry guys, I'm selfish like that. I am still planning on building the 612 back, but the 148 cameras I've got to build are taking priority :D

Given that 5 inches is 12cm approx, to get 6x17 requires a 5x7 or larger camera. Happily, Mike Walker can not only supply a 5x7, but can also get the amazing Canham motorised 6x17 back. The site says POA but I can recall a time when a four figure price was given :D

A 4x5 camera can use a 617 back but it would need to be spaced off the rear standard by enough to allow the image circle to cover it (and project through the 4x5 opening). I've drawn up a rough 617 back to work out how far back it would need to be set and, as far as I can remember, for the Chroma it would need to be around 12cm. Obviously this then limits the lenses that can be used as they also need to be set back by the same distance to focus. As a result, I'm starting off with the 612 back that can be used in the 'normal' location and will come back to the 617 down the line.

Back