Show us yer film shots then!

H'mm not too bad if you don't want to use a scanner and Photoshop, but you are using a Rollei with Ektar and results should be razor sharp?

I think I messed up focusing. I don't yet have 6x6 inserts so it difficult to keep film flat stable

The rejects from the castle thread...
876_006-44.jpg
Olympus PEN EE3, probably, most likely Kodachrome 200. The film really suited the camera. Not too fast, although fast enough, but not too slow. So the red flag didn't come up very often. It's Chateau de Vitre, in Brittany., Should be an acute 'e' I think.
1007_036 (2).jpg

Minolta SLR with Pentax stereo adapter, one of a stereo pair. This is a mock castle, somewhere in Yorkshire, don't remember where thugh.

Castle5.jpg

Look at this^ and despair! Taken with a 30mm Lydith on a Zenit. When I scanned it, many years later, I used an early version of Photoshop to process it. Bizarre!
Unfortunately, time is too short to revisit these early scans to fix them. properly. It's in Scotland near Elgin but I'm no longer able to remember where, specifically. 1970+.

I'm with you Gareth regarding FB,but, this photograph with your Xpan is very good. I like the composition with the road taking you into the valley and emphasising that wonderful colour of the sunset. (y)

Thank you very much. :)

So this evening in Cornwall was a bit awesome! Following some shoddy weather this morning, the weather improved and some huge waves rolled in after the front. I shot 8 rolls on the 645 with the 105-210mm. 8 rolls!!!! That’s about a lifetimes worth for me! I should point out that the waves were at least 20 feet tall, sometimes pushing to at least 25 feet. Pretty scary at times!

Anyways, here’s a link to Flickr of an iPhone shot, as a taster, as the rolls (obviously) are not sent off yet :) sorry for naff link, Flickr on mobile is the height of poor effort in terms of functionality!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/woodsy2k/41902584535/in/photostream

Last edited:
Best of luck, I hope you got some good ones and look forward to seeing some of them on the forum. It'll be interesting to see which film/s gave the best results too. (y)

So this evening in Cornwall was a bit awesome! Following some shoddy weather this morning, the weather improved and some huge waves rolled in after the front. I shot 8 rolls on the 645 with the 105-210mm. 8 rolls!!!! That’s about a lifetimes worth for me! I should point out that the waves were at least 20 feet tall, sometimes pushing to at least 25 feet. Pretty scary at times!

Anyways, here’s a link to Flickr of an iPhone shot, as a taster, as the rolls (obviously) are not sent off yet :) sorry for naff link, Flickr on mobile is the height of poor effort in terms of functionality!

Wow, that's probably more than I've shot in the last 2 years!

Jammy git, flat calm the whole week we were there.

I look forward to seeing the results Jonathan.(y)

As indeed do I. I followed the link, and browsed a little on your photostream. Very impressive, and perhaps I should look at flickr again.

The nearest I've got to 8 rolls at a time would probably be the five or six sheets of FP4 exposed in Glen Nevis when low clouds were rolling across the road against the backdrop of the hills.

Really looking forward to seeing your film shots Woodsy.

As indeed do I. I followed the link, and browsed a little on your photostream. Very impressive, and perhaps I should look at flickr again.

The nearest I've got to 8 rolls at a time would probably be the five or six sheets of FP4 exposed in Glen Nevis when low clouds were rolling across the road against the backdrop of the hills.

Many thanks chap :)

Might want to wait a bit for Flickr and see how things go; they’ve just been acquired by smug mug, who I personally think are A) the wrong fit for what Flickr is, and B) a bit pants in general anyway.

Finally got something to put in here! Had a roll in the voigtlander since November last year and shot sod all until about April. Wanged around Shugborough with the P & S 120 beast.

Shugborough. It was a crap day again. It always rains when I go and then clears up as soon as I go back to the car to leave!

Shugborough Estate on an overcast day. by Suzy Richards, on Flickr

Have visited a few NT places and others. Weather much better though.

Various gardens/castles/estates with the Voigtlander by Suzy Richards, on Flickr

Various gardens/castles/estates with the Voigtlander by Suzy Richards, on Flickr

Stokesay

Last edited:
The road to the Highlands...

I don't remember exactly where this was shot but it was on our 12 day drive through the highlands and Outer Hebrides in March. We didn't see much mist unfortunately. After the first morning and full day, they clouds lifted and gave way to blue skies for almost the entire trip.

Pentax 67ii & Kodak Ektar 100

I don't remember exactly where this was shot but it was on our 12 day drive through the highlands and Outer Hebrides in March. We didn't see much mist unfortunately. After the first morning and full day, they clouds lifted and gave way to blue skies for almost the entire trip.

That is lovely, Gareth, great light despite the misty clouds.

Simple but beautiful. The mist and cloud makes it for me.

Me again. :D

Seem to be going through my travel images more and sharing them either here or on my Instagram feed. If I ever get a website again, I should blog some of these travels I guess. Will help whilst saving up for the next one.

Anyways, this is from my solo California road trip. A little town called Guadalupe that I passed through along the way.

Contax 645 + Ektar 100 (Some flare for good measure, and yes it was intentional).

Back