Show us yer film shots then!

Rolleiflex SL66, 80mm Zeiss Planar, Portra 400

View attachment 253095

re SL66 Well a few years ago had a clear out of prints and negs that were boring and of no use for today or the future, so I have nothing of the SL66 lens reversed, but have a close up of a frog with the 80mm planar:-
The colours might not be true to life but I like it the way it is and the print looks like this....and IIRC scanned the print.
5uwxDju.jpg

Every time I think 'I should sell my Pentax 67, it's such a big lump to carry about all day' I end up developing a roll from the backlog and I'm reminded why I put up with the weight instead of chucking it all in and going full digi. It's a superb 6x7 system.

]

Can relate very well to what you’re saying as lugging LF kit all day and sometimes not taking a shot can make me wonder is it all worth it but if I look at the A3 prints that I’ve got from 5x4 negs, I realise that I’d never forgive myself if I was to give it up.

I finally got around to shooting a roll of the Eastman Double-X that I received from my Secret Santa last Christmas. When I saw the negs I was initially fearful that the contrast was so high that I'd have loads of blown highlights and crushed blacks, but that wasn't the case when I started scanning (although it is very contrasty). I quite like the look though and didn't do much post processing at all to get them looking how I like my pictures to. You also get halos as a result of the anti-halation layer being removed (as this is a cinema film) - although it's only in this shot with its bright specular highlights that I've really noticed them. This is also one of the most contrasty shots of the roll, being a shadowy car interior with bright sunlight outside.

I still have another roll left to shoot too. :)

Nikon F80
Nikkor 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6
Eastman Double-X

FILM - Dodge
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Going through some of my Slide Film boxes for some photos worth showing ---
Giraffe Drinking -- ME Super + Pentax-A 400mm f5.6, Fuji Sensia
Giraffe by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Kimmeridge Bay -- ME Super + 17mm f3.5 Vivitar + Fuji Sensia Film + Cokin Filter
Kimmeridge Bay by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Fashion Hunting, London --- 1965 Leica M2 + 35mm f1.4 German Summilux, Fuji Velvia
Fashion Hunting by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
His First Dip --- Canon AE-1 + 200mm f4 SCC Canon FD + Fuji Sensia
His First Dip by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Love these Pete, the last one is stunning.(y)

These are from the Strathspey Steam Railway at Boat of Garten, the first 2 in late 2018 (F80 & Colorplus 200)and the third in February 2019 (Bronny Sq and FP4+)

#1 was a photo of a decaying railway carriage, before this month's Decay topic had been picked. I returned in February to shoot it and they had moved it away!!! :eek:)
000046170010-copy-tp.jpg

#2 is the canal boat reflected in the window in #1, bizarrely located on a platform in the railway siding. It was in use by someone living there.
000046170011-copy-tp.jpg

#3 sees the canal boat still there in February this year, but the railway carriage gone. To be fair, I was shooting b&w and it really needed colour.
2019-02-07-0009-copy-exp1-tp.jpg

Last edited:
Hiya All,

A set of images taken in London, UK taken in July.

The set includes images of the Brexit protest march we came upon, as well as general images from around the city.

Voigtlander Bessa R3a
Voigtlander 40mm Nokton f/1.2
Fujifilm Acros 100 ISO - pushed 2 stops

Cheers,
Shane :)

7589163C-C4B9-464B-930A-91D782412525.jpeg
76A2E5D4-52DD-4655-A8D7-E4E93D88A385.jpeg

5CE010AA-C15A-4D6F-A91E-8685BC12A262.jpeg

Last edited:
Back