Show us yer film shots then!

Thanks Stephen. It was a properly grim day for it too - I got soaked! Sometimes that's the best weather for photos though. :)

I don't mind the cars so much. Although they're contemporary now, in a few decades time they'll be of their time and that'll be nice to see in the photo.

I recently chatted with a bloke at the Lincoln Steam Rally who was taking pictures of vintage buses. We both agreed that it was a good thing to keep contemporary vehicles in images as they will serve to date the photograph in future, much as hairstyles, fashions, shop signs etc. will. He said he makes a lot of his income now from selling photos of cars, trucks and buses that he photographed back in the 70s and 80s. At the time they were commonplace and contemporary, now they're classic / vintage / nostalgic.
Absolutely. Agree 100%.

This is a picture I took something like 20 years ago but only scanned from the negative quite recently. The reason I decided to post it is because of the shaft of light from a window high up which hits the altar. When I shot the picture the shaft of light wasn't something I spotted. It was only when I got the picture back from processing that a saw the light, so to speak. I wish I could rely on similar acts of serendipity when I'm photographing.
N205_005-2 copy.jpg
Our Lady of Nazareth, Orange. Seagull TLR, Fuji Reala 100. No other details.

Interesting to know if the same shots were taken with a polarising filter or even a UV filter what would be the difference..........

And very little grain, lovely processing

If I zoom right in then it's noticeably grainier than when it's shot at box speed, but it's still not too bad. It cost a couple of extra quid to get it developed at Peak, but the extra speed was useful on a dull, overcast day (well, until the sun started to peek through and then I struggled to handle overexposure a bit).

Back