Show us yer film shots then!

Pentax 645N, Ilford HP5 Plus at 800 in Rodinal 1+25.
Have decided HP5 is now OK. Just tell myself to not shoot it (or anything) at 35mm because I cannot get a decent scan.

Quiet Path
by Ian, on Flickr

Olympus 35 RC
Kodak Portra 400
FILM - Family by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

I like those colours. Recently I got the book "Modern Color" from Fred Herzog, who died this month and your colour work reminds me very much of his pictures.

How do you digitize your negatives? I am thinking about buying a Reflecta RPS 10M, at the moment I am using an Epson V600.

I like those colours. Recently I got the book "Modern Color" from Fred Herzog, who died this month and your colour work reminds me very much of his pictures.

How do you digitize your negatives? I am thinking about buying a Reflecta RPS 10M, at the moment I am using an Epson V600.

Thanks, that’s pretty high praise! Coincidentally, I’m reading that same book at present - I bought it ages ago, but it was sat on my pile of unread stuff, but when he passed away the other week I decided I should take a look. I’m only part way through it, but there are some gorgeous photographs within it.

Almost all my colour photos are now processed and scanned by Filmdev. I used to use Peak Imaging and scan my own, but I was never truly happy with the colours I could get from my scanner (and Peak’s scanning, while no doubt top-notch, is a bit too expensive for me unfortunately). I get my scans as Tif files, but don’t tend to edit them much - maybe to add a little bit of contrast and clarity - and I think the photo you’ve quoted is a straight jpg from the unedited tif (possibly cropped slightly).

I’ve never used the Reflecta, but I’ve got a Plustek 8100 for scanning 35mm photos. I can pretty much match Filmdev’s medium scan quality with it, but it takes me a lot of faffing around to tweak the colours to get them right, which is why I still let Filmdev do the lot.

A few weeks ago I found a Nikon F100 for sale on Ebay it was selling cheap as it had the old Nikon problem of a sticky back. I made a low offer and it was accepted . when it appeared the back of the camera was terrible but I read on the internet that if you spend a few hours rubbing with a cloth and some hand sanitiser it'll go. Well this is what I did and it worked a treat its come up like new . So I loaded some of the kentmere 400 I had and went out and took some pics. They seem to be ok , very grainy but Im hoping this is down to the film and not a camera or operator problem.Medium felixstowe.jpgmedium felixstow 2.jpg

A few weeks ago I found a Nikon F100 for sale on Ebay it was selling cheap as it had the old Nikon problem of a sticky back. I made a low offer and it was accepted . when it appeared the back of the camera was terrible but I read on the internet that if you spend a few hours rubbing with a cloth and some hand sanitiser it'll go. Well this is what I did and it worked a treat its come up like new . So I loaded some of the kentmere 400 I had and went out and took some pics. They seem to be ok , very grainy but Im hoping this is down to the film and not a camera or operator problem.View attachment 256372View attachment 256373

Nice photos, I like both of those.

The grain will be down to the film / development. Diferent development chemicals / times / agitations etc. will all have an effect. They look grainier than my Kentmere photos (although I only ever shot one roll of it, and that was a few years back), but I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Well there is an interest in old vehicles esp by fishyfish and I have a few shots taken recently but erm did have a problem with exposure for outdated gold 100 (bought from Greece o_O a few years ago). But for me I was disappointed with the exhibits as only two vehicles were on display that I had owned :(

9bBcCnX.jpg

nhWxe5k.jpg

arZDndH.jpg

Well there is an interest in old vehicles esp by fishyfish and I have a few shots taken recently but erm did have a problem with exposure for outdated gold 100 (bought from Greece o_O a few years ago). But for me I was disappointed with the exhibits as only two vehicles were on display that I had owned :(

Oddly enough, despite my having taken quite a lot of photos of vintage and classic cars, I have barely any interest in them at all. I just think they make good subjects for photographs. :)

Oddly enough, despite my having taken quite a lot of photos of vintage and classic cars, I have barely any interest in them at all. I just think they make good subjects for photographs. :)

Ah you are not old enough to remember the good old days o_O:D

Say Cheese!

One from a local food festival event. I'd forgotten this was on and went into town to go to the bank, so used the Canon Sureshot Supreme I keep in the car to grab a few opportunistic street shots... not the best camera for low-light street photography, but it was that or digital using my phone. Taken on Kodak Gold 200.

Say Cheese!

One from a local food festival event. I'd forgotten this was on and went into town to go to the bank, so used the Canon Sureshot Supreme I keep in the car to grab a few opportunistic street shots... not the best camera for low-light street photography, but it was that or digital using my phone. Taken on Kodak Gold 200.

It looks like she’s asked for some Kraft Singles and he’s giving her a telling off. :D

Out at Delamere today for a rare couple of hours away from the chaos. 3 rolls of colour off to AG and 2 rolls of B&W at home. 20 shots in total.

Tomiyama 6x17 on Delta 100. Such a yummy film.

Delamere I
by Ian, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back