Show us yer film shots then!

Google tells me this is a 25 mile trip. So 50 miles a day?? Hardcore!
Yes, he was shortlisted for the 1956 Olympic cycling team, and rode time trials till he was 50 (died at the age of 54). Mind you, it was further when he worked at the carriage works just outside Blackburn! (Rose Grove).

Out on my 'Allowed Walk' this time with my Pentax 6x7 Mk II loaded with outdated Kodak Vericolor III 220 size left over from Weddings years ago. I rated it at 40 ASA and it came out well . I Home-Processed in C41, scanned with Canon 9000F Mk II + FastStone Image Viewer to adjust Colour and Contrast.
All 200mm f4 SMC Takumar 6x7 lens
Rainbow to support our NHS workers by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Cones ! by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Lone Rider in Severn Arches Road by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
105mm f2.4 SMC Takumar @ f5.6 Old Almshouses in Brentwood

Old 'Almshouses' by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Last edited:
Atlantic Road Cemetery, Newquay, looking down towards the Headland Hotel...
After not even noticing that for 20 years, I spied it recently and went for a look and you can't get any kind of interesting picture there other than gravestones and housing.
So, its a fail but its a damn fine shout and geographically on the money..(y)

After not even noticing that for 20 years, I spied it recently and went for a look and you can't get any kind of interesting picture there other than gravestones and housing.
So, its a fail but its a damn fine shout and geographically on the money..(y)

I was just going on the big Hotel on the Headland, and the fact you've posted quite a few photo's from holidays down en Kernow...

I know, nobody outside Newquay and not many in Newquay would be familiar with Atlantic Rd Cemetery, you'd have had to google map it..:D
The building on that headland is a chapel, and the scene is St Ives, the Tate is the building on the right beyond the gravestones.

Being a Yorky, I find graveyards with sunny beach/holidaymaker backdrops....an odd juxt.
Mebbe you could do Whitby in a similar way but not as easily I don't think.

I know, nobody outside Newquay and not many in Newquay would be familiar with Atlantic Rd Cemetery

I know - I was going off of hazy memories myself of when I worked for a firm that had a Couple of Branch offices down there, I had to visit at least once a month - strangely, it was always on a thurs/friday and I'd end up making my own way back on the sunday... So, I spent a fair bit of time around one or two of the places down there, usually hunting out cheaper B&B's with a single room in the off-season

I'll admit, the atlantic road cemetary was a bit of a google earth/google maps fired reach...

Been a while since I have posted anything here, but as I have advertised the XPan (only on here so far), I just got it out for a fondle and to take some pictures of it to sell. I know it has limited uses, and I don't use it more than twice a year but it's soooo good at what it does.

Kodak Portra 400

Kodak Ektar 100

Been a while since I have posted anything here, but as I have advertised the XPan (only on here so far), I just got it out for a fondle and to take some pictures of it to sell. I know it has limited uses, and I don't use it more than twice a year but it's soooo good at what it does.

Kodak Portra 400

Beautiful light in that first shot Gareth. It has those teal and orange tones that people love, but subtle and not over-cooked. The texture of the ripples and the backlighting of the boat on the right are lovely too.

Beautiful light in that first shot Gareth. It has those teal and orange tones that people love, but subtle and not over-cooked. The texture of the ripples and the backlighting of the boat on the right are lovely too.

Thank you, very kind.

Just got the whole kit out to photograph to sell. I know that once this goes, I will never be able to get another one and not one in this condition so I am so torn! Ha.

i found a cassette of 07/1980 dated AGFA 'ORTHO' Document film in the fridge. The previous owner had USED most of it and CUT it - I loaded my Olympus OM-1 + G-Zuiko Auto-S 50mm f1.4 and took a short set of tests rating film at 25 ASA and one at 12 ASA and processed in my Old Brown RODINAL 1+50 for a 'Guessed' 11 mins @ 20oC ---- the leader looked badly Under-Developed but the 'Tests' looked good -- I scanned with Canon 9000F Mk II + Vuescan Pro + FastStone Image Viewer to re-size and unsharp mask a little and here are the test results -- the one of the ELF is only HALF a negative.
'Infinity' shot -- fine detail in distance is good -- 1/250th @ f3.2 hand held
Agfa ORTHO test 01.jpg
Elf and Fox Half a Negative
Agfa ORTHO test 02.jpg
Pebbles ---
Agfa ORTHO test 03.jpg

Scanned some very old prints today, have not touched a film camera in decades
A few Gig pics from the 80's/90's
Hole
Lydia Lunch
The Fall
Daisy chainsaw
The Slits
Crass

Attachments

• hole.jpg
    hole.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 27
  • lydia.jpg
    lydia.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 27
  • mark e.jpg
    mark e.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 27
  • viv ritzy.jpg
    viv ritzy.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 28
  • daisy chainsaw.jpg
    daisy chainsaw.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 28
  • crass.jpg
    crass.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 28
here is one more on the 07/1989 Agfa ORTHO Document film , this time I loaded my 'Saved-From-The -Dump' Yashica FR-1 + Carl Zeiss Planar T* 50mm f1.4 and wanted to see if the 'Reddish Bricks' of the New Building of Brentwood School ( Fee-Paying) came out 'Darker' because the film is 'Ortho-Chromatic' but it did not happen as I thought -- however, at f4 that lens was SharpAgfa ORTHO 10.jpg

Very nice grain for 800ASA.

Thanks Stephen. The whole roll is a bit "game of two halves". Many of the shots have lovely smooth grain, but then others are much grungier looking. There are also lots of scratches on the negs that I don't know how they got there - again, only on some shots (mostly the middle of the roll). I wondered initially if it might be my SRT at fault, but the roll of HP5+ from the same camera which I home-devved a couple of weekends ago has not a single scratch to be seen.

Blimey! I would have thought September was a bit early for snow, even for the Welsh hills.
You're right, just looked at the date on some of the digital ones I took that day and it was November! September must have been the date I loaded the film! I've totally lost track of time since Lockdown began! :facepalm: Will alter the date now. (y)

Today I Looked out my 1968 bought Mamiya Press Super 23 outfit that I had not used for years and did the foam on the rollfilm backs, then looked out a really OLD film from the Fridge , a Kodak VR 400 120 dated 09/1987 to try out the Camera in the back Garden -- -- I rated the film at 50 ASA ( which was about right on processing in C41) and took 10 shots which developed with a huge Fog Level and scanned with a Blue cast , but I corrected in FastStone Image Viewer.
100mm f3.5 Sekor lens -- 1/15th @ f11
2020-04-16-0001.jpg
150mm f5.6 Sekor 1/15th @ f11
2020-04-16-0002.jpg

Today I Looked out my 1968 bought Mamiya Press Super 23 outfit that I had not used for years and did the foam on the rollfilm backs, then looked out a really OLD film from the Fridge , a Kodak VR 400 120 dated 09/1987
I'm impressed, 33 year old C41 (if my maths is right)

A couple of random snaps taken while out walking (around the wonderfully scenic local industrial estate in this case). I do have some more interesting shots from these walks, as limited in scope as they might be, so will post those at some point. Well, at least I think they're more interesting - others may beg to differ. :)

Anyway, I quite like the telephone pole shot below - the cut cables give it a somewhat desolate and forlorn "Wichita Lineman" feel.

Canon Sure Shot Telemax
Ilford Delta 400
Ilfotec DD-X 1+4 9mins

Cut loose
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Cyberman
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back