Show us yer film shots then!

Well after a gap of nearly 10 years of using a SLR, these are three pics from my first roll.

It's the first time I've used my Nikon FE2, first time with the 50 f1.4 and first time ever using Portra 400. I was used to manually focusing with digital cameras and I set the camera to ASA 200 to overexpose. I think they're ok but maybe Fuji would have been better with the greens though.

FE2_greenwich_2.jpg

FE2_greenwich_4.jpg

FE2_greenwich_1.jpg

A couple of photos from the Strathspey Steam Railway at the turn of the year. Nikon F80, Nikon 35-70 2.8, Kodak Gold.

This had some potential as a stranger portrait, but wasn't strong enough.

000084200026.jpg

While I was occupied with the above, there was a frantic knocking on the window behind me and sign language requesting a photo be taken. I have no idea who or why!

000084200029-2.jpg

I've done it again ! !I decided to shoot some Fomapan 400 through my Jenaflex and discovered a used roll of Kodak Gold sat waiting to be developed. This is about the third time I have done this (I think I may have too many cameras ) It turns out they were from my last years trip to Whitby and surrounding areas. A very nice surprise, I will have to remember to forget rolls of film more often although My memory is that bad that I will most likely forget to remember to forget and end up actually remembering something for once.

Hotel at the top of Robin hoods Bay

hotel.jpg

I think I take a shot of this Shop in Robinhoods bay every time I walk past it. I just love the colours

shop.jpg

House at the bottom of Robinhoods Bay
house.jpg

15 minutes after taking this photo I was sat having a very nice meal and a pint of Yorkshires finest beer.

dolphin.jpg

Higgle piigledie back streets of Robin Hoods Bay ( Talk photography's spell checker love the first two words of this !)

back streets.jpg

Fun fair on one of Whitby's piers
fun.jpg

Last edited:
HS2..a picture is worth a 1000 words, a now and then shots:-

The footpath is now closed :(
GrDren1.jpg

The footpath was where the rough ground is and went towards the house which leads to the start of the first shot
dyO6Pyh.jpg

Looking to the left ( maybe a different time of the year) looked like this:-
b7q2qHT.jpg

And looking to the right looked like this, and at the top of the hill is a road, which leads back to near the start in the first pic:-
iPTu7md.jpg

AND this is what the area looks like now.... the horizontal rough bit is roughly where the footpath was when I took the shots in the past.
p0DIiwc.jpg

I don't shoot much B&W really. I should probably do more but I see other people's and it's just stunning in comparison. Plus I am more drawn to colour for my own stuff. Anyway, here's one on HP5 at, what looks like night time but is in fact 2pm during a massive downpour.
GM040919BW252027-20190918-04.jpg

I don't shoot much B&W really. I should probably do more but I see other people's and it's just stunning in comparison. Plus I am more drawn to colour for my own stuff. Anyway, here's one on HP5 at, what looks like night time but is in fact 2pm during a massive downpour.
View attachment 288034

I really like the way the rain is captured in the bike headlights.

Calke Abbey, Derbyshire today.

Trying out Lomography 'Lady Grey' 120 400 ASA. Taken with my Bronica ETRS, developed in Cinestill Monobath & scanned in with my DSLR (1/15 sec. f8, 100 ASA).

It's a quirky film that Lomo Lady Grey ...

calke abbey front 1.jpgcalke abbey front 2.jpg

Last edited:
This guy was swinging a weighted object on a rope into the canal when we passed. Turned out he was magnet fishing, looking to "catch" metal objects that have been lost in the canal. All he'd caught when I spoke to him was a 3' length of rebar though.

Yashica Mat 124G
Ilford HP5+

Magnet fishing
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

This guy was swinging a weighted object on a rope into the canal when we passed. Turned out he was magnet fishing, looking to "catch" metal objects that have been lost in the canal. All he'd caught when I spoke to him was a 3' length of rebar though.

Yashica Mat 124G
Ilford HP5+

Magnet fishing
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

LOL......well I don't think any coins are magnetic, maybe looking for guns, swords and knives etc.....but wont be anything far back as the canal can't be that old.

LOL......well I don't think any coins are magnetic, maybe looking for guns, swords and knives etc.....but wont be anything far back as the canal can't be that old.
My father's friend had one of those magnets for use on his narrow boat and he found a flintlock pistol with it.

My father's friend had one of those magnets for use on his narrow boat and he found a flintlock pistol with it.

WoW..unless you see something in the water, what are the odds of a magnet passing over a pistol (or anything interesting) in a stretch of water.

Somebody near me must be doing the magnet fishing in the local canal as there’s always piles of rusty scrap metal on the towpath. I’ve no idea whether they find anything useful but they certainly seem to find plenty of junk, my only ask would be for them to remove the scrap they dredge up too!

Along with half the country we have a King Arthur/Excalibur story local to us so maybe magnet fishing in Martin Mere may be more beneficial :LOL: and if you don’t find anything at least you can do some bird spotting!

A lot of people are doing magnet fishing not too find things of value but purely to try and clean up the canals a bit. I saw something recently (can't remember exactly what programme) where a local group had fished/dredged up over 3 cwt of metal from a 3 mile stretch of canal.

They do this on the Witham in Lincoln on regular basis. My only complaint is that they then leave the rusty metal on the river bank .

Back