Show us yer film shots then!

Albir July 2014 Rollei SL35E 28mm Boots 200Asa slide. Posted as a test. Can you see the photograph?

bs 200014CS5.jpg

Last edited:
The much-photographed Kennel / Bothy at Elphin in NW Scotland, where you can choose your preferred background mountain. :) I never seem to pass it in the best light, but there was decent clarity last week. Olympus mju 11, Ilford Delta 100, HC-110 Dil B.

#1 With Cul Mor

2021-07-11-0119.jpg

#2 With Suilven

2021-07-11-0120.jpg

#3 With Suilven and Canisp

2021-07-11-0122.jpg

Brentwood 'Almshouses' with my 'Gift' NIKON FE and outdated Fuji Reala 100 rated 50 ASA
50mm f1.8 Nikkor off my Wife's FE ( Not a WORD to her !! )

FE Reala Test 09.jpg
My Series 'E' 28mm f2.8 lens
FE Reala Test 10.jpg

Last edited:
On the way to Inchcolm Island you pass (apparently) where the Forties Oil Field first comes "ashore" in the Firth of Forth

Nikon F80/Ferrania P30

000015940007 by Steven Cook, on Flickr

If the guides told you that I think they are a bit confused. :)
The oil comes ashore via pipeline at Cruden Bay near Aberdeen and goes via pipeline to Grangemouth. The picture you have is of Hound Point where the oil is loaded on to tankers..

From Wikipedia:
Although there is little evidence of its presence other than a small complex a few miles south of the village, the sands at Cruden Bay is the place where the 110-mile (180 km) long Forties pipeline operated by Ineos, in use from 1975, finds landfall.[11] It pumps crude oil from the Forties oilfield to Whinnyfold, then by overland pipeline to Grangemouth.

Hound Point is a marine terminal off a rocky headland of that name on the southern shore of the Firth of Forth, Scotland, just east of the Forth Bridge at South Queensferry. Opened in 1975, it is owned and operated by Ineos as an oil-export terminal for North Sea oil and is the largest such facility in Scotland.

The terminal is made up of two sea-island berths that can load vessels of up to 350,000 DWT and a vapour recovery platform. Crude oil from the Forties pipeline undergoes stabilisation and gas processing and treatment at the Kinneil Terminal at Grangemouth before being pumped to a tank farm at Dalmeny on the southern shore of the Firth. The oil is then pumped to the Hound Point terminal where it is loaded onto tankers.

If the guides told you that I think they are a bit confused. :)
The oil comes ashore via pipeline at Cruden Bay near Aberdeen and goes via pipeline to Grangemouth. The picture you have is of Hound Point where the oil is loaded on to tankers..

From Wikipedia:
Although there is little evidence of its presence other than a small complex a few miles south of the village, the sands at Cruden Bay is the place where the 110-mile (180 km) long Forties pipeline operated by Ineos, in use from 1975, finds landfall.[11] It pumps crude oil from the Forties oilfield to Whinnyfold, then by overland pipeline to Grangemouth.

Hound Point is a marine terminal off a rocky headland of that name on the southern shore of the Firth of Forth, Scotland, just east of the Forth Bridge at South Queensferry. Opened in 1975, it is owned and operated by Ineos as an oil-export terminal for North Sea oil and is the largest such facility in Scotland.

The terminal is made up of two sea-island berths that can load vessels of up to 350,000 DWT and a vapour recovery platform. Crude oil from the Forties pipeline undergoes stabilisation and gas processing and treatment at the Kinneil Terminal at Grangemouth before being pumped to a tank farm at Dalmeny on the southern shore of the Firth. The oil is then pumped to the Hound Point terminal where it is loaded onto tankers.

I stand corrected and yes, that's what the guide told us. If I'm ever out with them again I'll give them a telling off!

I stand corrected and yes, that's what the guide told us. If I'm ever out with them again I'll give them a telling off!
Hope you had a good trip. Did you get out on to Inchcolm? It‘s a great wee trip. Sometimes access is restricted, especially when the seabirds are nesting.

ps sorry for being pedantic :(, I used to work in the North Sea oil business. Glad to be out of it.

Last edited:
Yeah we did. Pictures to follow in the next day or so. We're both Historic Scotland members so we're trying to do as much of that at the moment as we can although it's difficult with so many sites still not open.

The seagulls were in full protection mode when we were there and I got dive bombed a few times when I ventured on to the beach to get some shots. I grew up in Largs so I'm used to those buggers dive bombing and trying to steal my chips! ;)

For a few years every time I've seen these crops anywhere, I'm drawn to them to take a photograph and I'm always left wanting by the result I get. I think this is finally the shot that I've been after all this time. It seems so simple when I look at it now but it's eluded me before. The question is will I stop shooting it or carry on? :LOL:

Crop by Andrew Roberts, on Flickr

Last edited:
Thanks, it was difficult not to take a shot with gulls in! They even started posing for shots...

000015940034 by Steven Cook, on Flickr

I guess that's what you get for shooting near the water! Are they seagulls or common gulls? I was once chastised by a 9 year old for misnaming them so I've taken to calling them BayGulls :D

I guess that's what you get for shooting near the water! Are they seagulls or common gulls? I was once chastised by a 9 year old for misnaming them so I've taken to calling them BayGulls :D
Good question, wikipedia tends to imply that seagull is an incorrect name and they are "just" gulls. Who knew? :LOL:

EDIT: Further research seems to indicate that by virtue of the shape of their bill they are Herring Gulls. (y)

Last edited:
Good question, wikipedia tends to imply that seagull is an incorrect name and they are "just" gulls. Who knew? :LOL:

EDIT: Further research seems to indicate that by virtue of the shape of their bill they are Herring Gulls. (y)

I hope my throwaway question hasn’t started a whole thing here :LOL:

Back