Show us yer film shots then!

I shall be there in 3 weeks, very excited.

Studio Session at Brentwood & District Photographic Club using BOWENS lights and MY YONGNUO Wireless Trigger in Camera Hot Shoes ! I used 2015 dated ILFORD DELTA 100 in my 1978 HASSELBLAD + Zeiss CF 120mm f4 Makro-Planar @ f8 and processed film in my Home-Made 510-Pyro
Some of 'JOHN THE GARDENER'
2023-04-02-0002.jpg2023-04-02-0008.jpg

Then NATALIA and Friend
2023-04-02-0003.jpg2023-04-02-0004.jpg2023-04-02-0010.jpg2023-04-02-0011.jpg

You will be where in three weeks?
A closely guarded secret location. :cool:

Actually it refers to the post on the previous page, Glencoe, but I hadn't noticed that I'd slipped.

Really really struggling with Konica 750. Keep making notes after each roll and keep discovering more errors. Almost there now, but it's a very weather dependent film. Not enough IR light in this one, but the under-exposure gives it a moody look I really quite like. Canon EOS30 with the 40mm f/2.8STM.

2023-04-04-konica750-eos30-08.jpg

A closely guarded secret location. :cool:

Actually it refers to the post on the previous page, Glencoe, but I hadn't noticed that I'd slipped.

My wife and I are staying at loch Fyne in may.
I'll be visiting Glencoe with a pocket full of E100.

Really really struggling with Konica 750. Keep making notes after each roll and keep discovering more errors. Almost there now, but it's a very weather dependent film. Not enough IR light in this one, but the under-exposure gives it a moody look I really quite like. Canon EOS30 with the 40mm f/2.8STM.

View attachment 385648
That's a lovely picture Ian. It has an ethereal look to it and the contrast between the lighter shades of the scrub, small trees, sky and the dark silhouette of the foreground tree works really well.

View attachment 385648
Ian that one is completely fabulous as far as I'm concerned!

The Laurie White book has some info on Konica compared to Kodak
Thanks Peter. What a useful tip. Lets give it a whirl at £9, although the 1* review was amusing...

Screenshot 2023-04-05 145230.png

Oh, and staying on topic, here's another one from the roll...

2023-04-04-konica750-eos30-03.jpg

Last edited:
More from the Olympus XA, this time Tri-X pushed to 800.

okPqKjV.jpg

VCT20iX.jpg

hySOvtQ.jpg

hlSNmnV.jpg

Hi Nige.
Have you ever used positive colour film in your Chroma?

The first shot from my new camera, scanner and fluid mount.

Technical crap:
Hasselblad 503cx plus 80mm CF lens.
Kodak Portra 160.
Developed in my kitchen sink with Cinestill C41 powder kit.
Scanned using an Epson V850 pro, fluid mount, Kami scanning fluid and Mylar sheets.
Location being Southsea Seafront.
The point of focus was the word DONUTS.

Please tell me what you feel about the colour balance and saturation as I'm newish to to colour negative film.

Fluid Mount.JPG

Last edited:

Technical crap:
Kodak Portra 160.
Scanned using an Epson V850 pro, fluid mount, Kami scanning fluid and Mylar sheets.

Please tell me what you feel about the colour balance and saturation as I'm newish to to colour negative film.

View attachment 386381

The colours look pretty nice to me. The correct look for colour negative films is largely subjective and will differ from lab to lab, person to person, so if you're happy then all is well.

How much faff is the liquid mounting vs the regular film holders?

I don't know whether or not you use Photoshop, but I find using the Image -> Auto Colo(u)r or Auto Contrast options to give an instant alternative interpretation useful. Sometimes it works, often it doesn't, but it's a really quick and easy way to see if it makes a difference.

Technical crap:
Kodak Portra 160.

View attachment 386381
Colours look fine to me. (y)

Technical crap:
Kodak Portra 160.

View attachment 386381
Agree with those above, the colours look good, if a little saturated, think Eggleston on Portra. Better than most of my home processed C41 looks.

The colours look pretty nice to me. The correct look for colour negative films is largely subjective and will differ from lab to lab, person to person, so if you're happy then all is well.

How much faff is the liquid mounting vs the regular film holders?
I find fluid mounting much easier than using the holders.
The film is very flat, the grain appears to be reduced and the initial alignment is better.
Plus I can include the frame borders (but that's a ME thing)

I don't know whether or not you use Photoshop, but I find using the Image -> Auto Colo(u)r or Auto Contrast options to give an instant alternative interpretation useful. Sometimes it works, often it doesn't, but it's a really quick and easy way to see if it makes a difference.
I'll be honest, I use Canon DPP for correcting my images.
It's very simple to use and free if you have a canon serial number.

Agree with those above, the colours look good, if a little saturated, think Eggleston on Portra. Better than most of my home processed C41 looks.
As I said, colour neg is all a bit new to me.
My film of choice is Fuji Velvia 50.
I guess I was trying to replicate the saturation levels.

Back