Show us yer film shots then!

Konica 750 w/red filter. Metered at 100 ISO. Dev in HC-110(B) for 7 min at 21 degrees and the exposure on the whole roll has been nailed. Many thanks @Peter B for the headsup for that IR book as it really helped get my head around "seeing" IR light and guesstimating exposure.

2023-05-05-konica750-f1n-24.jpg

A further development in my paper negative journey, with my first enlarged darkroom prints up to 8 * 10 from the 4 * 5 negative. The exposure times are longer than they would be for a film negative but other than that, the process is the same as printing from film negatives.

Paper negative enlargement by Kevin Allan, on Flickr

Last edited:
A further development in my paper negative journey, with my first enlarged darkroom prints up to 8 * 10 from the 4 * 5 negative. The exposure times are longer than they would be for a film negative but other than that, the process is the same as printing from film negatives.

Paper negative enlargement by Kevin Allan, on Flickr
I think that is looking very good Kevin. (y)

A nice couple of Migs Nigel. Where was that?

Where did you shoot the picture? I'm thinking somewhere in the former Soviet Union.

No! The Nottinghamshire County Council building - County Hall. There are 4 different sculptures adorning it representing the industry of the County at the time it was built.

The last coal mine (Thoresby Colliery) in the county closed in 2015 so this sculpture was contemporary until a few years ago.

When was the building built?

The demise of the UK's coal industry was a terrible and shameful watershed in our history.
Commenced 1938 and got a few feet high then protected/camouflaged during the war. Some building recommenced post war but it wasn't finally finished til the mid-70s. I work in the building hence a good subject for a quick shot for a new camera at lunch! There is a plaque about the sculptures and another on the history of the building which are viewable by the public.

As for your comment on the demise of King Coal I couldn't agree more. My dad was a miner - on strike throughout 1984-5.

Nice shot that James. I love the way the walls zig zag up the slope.

Back