Show us yer film shots then!

Well Peter AAMOI.........The problem with those ones (from an expert erm not me) is the tracks, for the meter (forgotten what else it does), are on flexible plastics and the connection is by pressing the tracks together with a clamp WTF....the expert said "unclamped them and clean the tracks" h'mm tried that on two FT1s and didn't work for me :( and my FS1 meter works now and again :rolleyes:
I would agree that the motorised FT1 and FS1 are best avoided unless spectacularly cheap Brian, but my FC-1(s) were still working last time I tried them. One of them is actually sat on the shelf inside my photo gear cupboard and stares me in the face every time I open the door, so you've prompted me to load one with a roll of Kentmere 100 that I have to try. :pics:

As promised/threatened, I ran the roll of Kentmere 100 through the FC-1 with 40mm f1.8 and devved it with Xtol-R. To be fair, the light was pretty poor, but I'm not taken with this film and developer combo.

Tayport Low lighthouse

2023-09-30-0021-copy-tp.jpg

Keeper's Cottage for the Low lighthouse

2023-09-30-0018-copy-tp.jpg

Crop of date stone above door.

2023-09-30-0018.jpg

Colour one for me but the B&W is likely more suitable/period.
It really is a shame people can't see the full image.
The detail from 4x5 chrome is incredible.
It's like looking at an 800 mpx digi pic.

Have you considerd a Flickr account Tony? The free account allows you to upload up to 1,000 photos at full resolution.
In truth I'm not great with computers/software so I just use what I need.

The introductory page to the instructions mentions that the camera has either a "Single or "Kodar" f7.9 Lens" and indeed the picture of the Kodar lens has aperture stops at 7.9, 11, 16, 22, 32 and 45.

I've never used a Kodak 1/1A but the No 3 which I have could be purchased with a variety of optional lenses and shutters, so it is possible that yours is not covered by the documentation you're looking at.

Went on a 5 -Day Coach trip with Kirbys to Isle of Wight using my 2002 Hasselblad 501CM and in my A24 back had more of the 1999 dated FUJI ASTIA E6 film which I rated 100ASA to a Weston Master V with 'Incident Light' method and Home-Processed in a BELLINI 1Lite Kit Here are shots around PORTSMOUTH while waiting for the Ferry
PORTSMOUTH :The Spinnaker Tower by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
PORTSMOUTH : Ferry by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
PORTSMOUTH scene by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
PORTSMOUTH : Sailing Boat by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
PORTSMOUTH : Figure Head by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Went on a 5 -Day Coach trip with Kirbys to Isle of Wight using my 2002 Hasselblad 501CM and in my A24 back had more of the 1999 dated FUJI ASTIA E6 film which I rated 100ASA to a Weston Master V with 'Incident Light' method and Home-Processed in a BELLINI 1Lite Kit Here are shots around PORTSMOUTH while waiting for the Ferry
PORTSMOUTH :The Spinnaker Tower by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
PORTSMOUTH : Ferry by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
PORTSMOUTH scene by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
PORTSMOUTH : Sailing Boat by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
PORTSMOUTH : Figure Head by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Right on my doorstep.
I like the Spinnaker Tower at a jaunty angle.
Are you home scanning?

Can it tolerate a file of 1.3 gig?

200Mb is the limit, but my 4x5 scans come in at well under 100Mb for JPEGs (about 60-70Mb on average). They're scanned at 2400dpi on my Epson V700 with an approximate final image size of 11,000 x 9,000 pixels.

Colour images would be bigger, but a 1.2Gb image would be HUGE! Is that for a JPEG, or is it a TIF or RAW file?

This link shows you the original uploaded image for one of my 4x5 photos (I wouldn't normally look at it this size though).

(You need to click the link below the image to see the full size version).

View: https://www.flickr.com/photos/fishyfish/52950721338/sizes/o

Last edited:
Occasionally I'll get scans that are noticeably more grainy than others. Not sure why this is - I think the scanning process doesn't like something about them. They're grainy straight off the scanner before any other processing occurs. Then the next frame may have hardly any grain. I got a few like this on this roll.

Nikon F80
Nikkor 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-
Kodak Gold
Lab developed. Home scanned and converted with Negative Lab Pro.

Lighthouse by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

soupdragon asked if I am 'Home Scanning' == YES I have a CANON 9000F Mk II A4 flatbed and scan with Vuescan Pro which I WON FREE on the Amateur Photographer Magazine Site years ago then I adjust the scans which in that Old ASTIA have a Blueish D - Max and overall Blue cast on either PhotoShop 7 OR FastStone Image Viewer and for FLICKR I size to 2500 Pixels I set scan to 24000 DPI but if I know I will get a Professionally Made 16x12" Enlargement I set 3600 which gives lots of Pixels for printing.

few from the First Excursion on my Isle of Wight Trip -- we went to 'Old Shanklin' - lots of Thatched Cottages !
Hasselblad 501CM + A24 back with 1999 outdated Fuji ASTIA E6 film rated 100ASA and Home-Processed
Old Shanklin 01 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Old Shanklin 02 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Old Shanklin 03 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Old Shanklin 04 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
One down at Shanklin Chine Road using a COKIN GRAD PINK held over 80mm f2.8 CFE Planar T* lens
Parked Up- Shanklin by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

A few from Perth Racecourse earlier in the year when I was at the caravan site next to it. All Nikon F80, Tamron 28-75, Delta 100, replenished Xtol.

On the rail

2023-06-11-0002-copy-tp.jpg

Grandstand

2023-06-11-0007-copy-tp.jpg

Weigh In scales

2023-06-11-0017-copy-tp.jpg

Horse misting machines

2023-06-11-0016-copy-tp.jpg

Last edited:
One of my daughters and one of my grandsons.
Linhof super colour 4x5.
Kodak E100, home processed using Bellinifoto E6. Home scanned with Epson v850 and fluid mount.
No idea as to aperture or shutter speed.
Bit of a light leak at the top of the frame.

Back Garden081023 (2).JPG

Another of my grand kids with son in law.
Lihof Kardan Super Colour, 150mm Nikkor léns.
Processed with Bellini Foto E6 and home scanned using an Epson V850 pro plus fluid mount. I used silverfast 9.0 AI studio software.

My focus is way off as kids and grand kids do not know how to stay still.

Back Garden081023 (3).JPG

Last edited:
And those three are why I've ditched all my high tech dslr stuff in favour of an F1n - they are just perfect imo.

With an expensive dlsr (at least with me) there would be obsessing about focus, are the eyes pin sharp, can I see my reflection in an eye zoomed in a one million percent, are the highlights clipped, etc etc. Film takes all that rubbish away and the results are just outstanding.

And those three are why I've ditched all my high tech dslr stuff in favour of an F1n - they are just perfect imo.

With an expensive dlsr (at least with me) there would be obsessing about focus, are the eyes pin sharp, can I see my reflection in an eye zoomed in a one million percent, are the highlights clipped, etc etc. Film takes all that rubbish away and the results are just outstanding.
Sounds like you need to go large, or at least medium format.
Can I interest you in a Hasselblad 503CW?
Actually, you just summed up why I use film.

Last edited:

CanonF1n LUF.JPG

:D

Went to watch a wood sculptor.
Tech junk.
Linhof Kardan Super Colour, Nikkor 150mm 5.6, kodak e100.
Home processed in Bellinifoto E6, home scanned with an Epson V850 pro using Silverfast 9 and Epson fluid mount.
Probably f22 and no idea on shutter speed.

Earnlysmallbig (2).JPG

Last edited:
Back