Sigma 150-600mm contemporary

Martin Mere for the day tomorrow. Proper run out for the Sigma [emoji3][emoji3]

Yes and must admit the timing to go at Easter isn't great but a bad day with the camera is better than a good day at work lol.

I found handholding the lens for planes is a bit heavy,but i suppose it just takes a little getting used to.:)
Does anyone use a monopod with this lens.

Last edited:
Forecast for the weekend is really good, I expect loads of posts to this thread next week :)

I found handholding the lens for planes is a bit heavy,but i suppose it just takes a little getting used to.:)
Does anyone use a monopod with this lens.

Yes, definitely! Just make sure it's tall enough for over-head shots.

Cheers guys.:)
Not too sure if it would work for aviation shots.

Last edited:
Same here, Gimbal on my monopod. As mentioned above , just make sure its high enough.

Cheers guys.:)

Great shot,really nice colours on that duck.:)

very nice shot,you should be happy with that.:)

I am. Really stunned at how sharp the pictures are with the combination. Even pictures at 600mm then cropped dramatically are pretty good.

Keep posting [emoji846]. They are lovely shots - love the lens as well, just wish I had more time to get out with it!

Where do you shoot these as there seems to be quite a bit of variety in terms of locations?

Keep posting [emoji846]. They are lovely shots - love the lens as well, just wish I had more time to get out with it!

Where do you shoot these as there seems to be quite a bit of variety in terms of locations?
Thanks.
Mostly around Ayrshire. We're lucky as we have a great mixture of sea, rivers, lochs and parkland etc. I never appreciated just how much we had until I bought this lens :)

I have a redsnapper tripod & one of those tilt heads that come with it,i have had the tripod for quite a few years & still happy with it.
Since getting the sigma lens i have found at 600mm i am getting a little bit movement in the head,wear & tear i soppose.
Just want some thoughts on this,should i replace the tilt head with one of the ballheads?.:)

I have a redsnapper tripod & one of those tilt heads that come with it,i have had the tripod for quite a few years & still happy with it.
Since getting the sigma lens i have found at 600mm i am getting a little bit movement in the head,wear & tear i soppose.
Just want some thoughts on this,should i replace the tilt head with one of the ballheads?.:)

Another option, may be to look at a gimbal head, something like the Manfrotto 393.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rzy6Jddl90E

Use on myself and very pleased with it (on a Redsnapper tripod :)).

I don,t think the wife would be very happy.:)
I will have to have a good think about this.

The reason i am looking at that is i don,t want to spend a lot on a gimbal as i might not use it a lot.:)

Can,t really see any at that price of the pig iron

Back