Sigma 150-600mm contemporary

Can,t really see any at that price of the pig iron
There's plenty of cheap gimbals available. Although not as good as the dearer ones, might do until you see how much use its going to get.
I use my pig iron ball head for all my other tripod work, but the movement of the gimbal for birds etc is so much better without constantly loosening and tightening knobs etc. That's just my thoughts though.

Cheers for that.:)

Mixed reports on the Beike:(

Most of the sellers i found ebay etc.are all china:(

I ordered the Beike from a UK seller, for the money I paid its a good piece of kit, smooth and well balanced, holds my lens and cam no problem.

I can,t seem to find one.:)

Cheers Robert,i have decided to go to the isle of may next month so i might buy this,my wife can,t go on the boat because of her back & using her stick.
So she is quite happy in the car in anstruther reading her book.:):banana:

I think the first link is in china.:(
In fact they are both the same seller i think.
Visit store:
comyur

Last edited:
Cheers Robert,i have decided to go to the isle of may next month so i might buy this,my wife can,t go on the boat because of her back & using her stick.
So she is quite happy in the car in anstruther reading her book.:):banana:
Cool. I'll be going at some point over the next month or so too.

s.gif

s.gif
s.gif

Positive Feedback (last 12 months): 99.2%
[How is Feedback percentage calculated?]

s.gif
:(

Mine came from Hong Kong, but delivery was reasonably fast from what I can remember.

So i am keeping an eye on the weather for the 3rd of may for a trip to the isle of may.:)

I'm torn between buying the 150-600 Sigma and the 200-500 Nikkor. Overall what are the performance differences between the 2 please? I use 7000 and 7100 bodies and I believe the Sigma is FX series glass - is that correct? Whatever lens I get will be secondhand so any buying tips or things to look for please?

Last edited:
I really can't comment apart from I am amazed at the quality of pictures I am getting with my canon 80D - Sigma combination.

I'm torn between buying the 150-600 Sigma and the 200-500 Nikkor. Overall what are the performance differences between the 2 please? I use 7000 and 7100 bodies and I believe the Sigma is FX series glass - is that correct? Whatever lens I get will be secondhand so any buying tips or things to look for please?
Just have a look at the images on this thread and then find the thread for the Nikon lens and compare. I know its not a true evaluation as user skills/errors come into the equation, but there are a lot of cracking images on this page alone so that will tell you something. Also I think the Nikon will be a lot more expensive than the Siggy and you loose some reach with it as well.

Just have a look at the images on this thread and then find the thread for the Nikon lens and compare. I know its not a true evaluation as user skills/errors come into the equation, but there are a lot of cracking images on this page alone so that will tell you something. Also I think the Nikon will be a lot more expensive than the Siggy and you loose some reach with it as well.

All I can say is that when these 'budget' super-zooms came onto the scene I did a lot research into three(four?) of them, Nikon, Tamron, and Sigma.

I took a lot of convincing and had the opportunity to get hold of the Tamron, having given up on the long-awaited NIkon. All in all I was phazed by the Quality Control of Sigma lenses (I'm sure it's improved but I'd been 'bitten' twice previously) so the Sigma went to third choice.

I found that Tamron wouldn't perform well beyond 550mm unless you stopped down to f/8 and I've heard that the same applies to the Sigma(s) - not doubt people will tell you otherwise. There are a number of tests/reviews out there which confirmed findings.

Why did I decide on the Nikon? Having a continuous f/5.6 throughout the zoom range is a big bonus and it does perform well at full aperture. And also,it does work with our Nikon1 Series cameras with phenomenal reach :)

Here is the 200-500mm thread ---- this is a very objective comparison review with a bias toward birding

Can I just ask what the price of the Nikon lens is ?

I have had this lens for about 6 months now and I am impressed with quality and the pictures it takes so glad I got it

All I can say is that when these 'budget' super-zooms came onto the scene I did a lot research into three(four?) of them, Nikon, Tamron, and Sigma.

I took a lot of convincing and had the opportunity to get hold of the Tamron, having given up on the long-awaited NIkon. All in all I was phazed by the Quality Control of Sigma lenses (I'm sure it's improved but I'd been 'bitten' twice previously) so the Sigma went to third choice.

I found that Tamron wouldn't perform well beyond 550mm unless you stopped down to f/8 and I've heard that the same applies to the Sigma(s) - not doubt people will tell you otherwise. There are a number of tests/reviews out there which confirmed findings.

Why did I decide on the Nikon? Having a continuous f/5.6 throughout the zoom range is a big bonus and it does perform well at full aperture. And also,it does work with our Nikon1 Series cameras with phenomenal reach :)

Here is the 200-500mm thread ---- this is a very objective comparison review with a bias toward birding

Well that is an interesting review. As I shoot with DX format bodies then I can avoid the softness reported at the corners (the lens is FX format). I now need to start looking at the secondhand shops and eBay to find me a lens....

My Siggy is pin sharp at 600mm wide open.

Hi all,

Really enjoyed yesterday even if the rain did chuck it down in the afternoon... some very dramatic incidents throughout the day, not least of which was Billy Monger's horrific accident in the afternoon. Hope he pulls through fine without any lasting injuries.

Here's my fav photos from the day. Hope you like.

BTCC Race Day Donington 2017 by Joel Spencer, on Flickr

Back