Sigma 150-600mm contemporary

I am going to book for the isle of may boat trip for the 3rd may anyone else fancy going.:)

My Siggy is pin sharp at 600mm wide open.

I'm glad of that.... just my personal experience which was certainly true of the Tamron. I still reckoned on the additional 1/2 stop was a benefit particularly with a teleconverter and AF.

I do own a Sigma 24 f/1.4 which I 'sweated' over for previous Sigma QC reasons. It was going to be a battle if it wasn't tack sharp at f/1.4 - I got lucky I suppose but I did have worries. Sigman QC has improved.

I'm glad of that.... just my personal experience which was certainly true of the Tamron. I still reckoned on the additional 1/2 stop was a benefit particularly with a teleconverter and AF.

I do own a Sigma 24 f/1.4 which I 'sweated' over for previous Sigma QC reasons. It was going to be a battle if it wasn't tack sharp at f/1.4 - I got lucky I suppose but I did have worries. Sigman QC has improved.

I was actually surprised how good the Sigma was wide open at full length, was one of the deal clinchers for me.

My gimbal arrived a day early from amazon.:D
https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/ibn/Seve...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=03YDHSCZX3M3234MJ5QY

All i can say is Wow,after trying it out i am over the moon with it.
It is so solidly built,i was amazed at the difference as to how steady it is compared to my tilt & shift head,just love it.:banana::D:)

I've had mine for 2 weeks and I'm also impressed with it. I've not used any other gimbals, but heard some complaints about stiffness or stickiness the BK45 clones but couldn't find any such problems with this. Seems nicely packaged and English instruction manual included. Holds my 7D1 and 150-600 without any issues. Even went around it with a magnet to check for low quality ferrous metals as found on some the cheaper gimbals apparently.

Also ordered a beanbag at the same time, also impressed with this (full size) as it handles that camera/lens combo really well. Bought the polystrene beans from Dunelm Mill to fill it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Movo-THB03...17J47QT2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1492727011&sr

Last edited:
Last edited:
It was my Canon 6D:)

It is a very capable camera,i am very happy with it.:)

I've not had to tweak the actual focus at all. I've set C1 to focus speed/dynamic OS and C2 to focus accuracy/dynamic OS.

Had a worry today as my sigma C would not focus at all, so came home had a look through the post and came to your Post, have now set it like yours, and it is now Fast as hell, so thanks for that (y)(y)

Sorry but silly question time, I have managed to set up my sigma C with the C1 set as Focus Speed and Dynamic OS. Would that be good enough for airshows ?

Hope so, taking mine to Duxford Air Festival next month, 1st time with this lens.

Kestrel in flight, Took the time to go out today and go look for these beautiful birds, No editing at all apart from resize, How it came out of cam.

Kestrel by Mark, on Flickr
Spot on capture this, loads of detail showing. There is a pair that frequents my golf course (i saw them on saturday) this shot has inspired me to go and see them again, without my golf clubs and with my Siggy :)

Back