Sigma 150-600mm contemporary

First Wren that I have captured.

Bought a 7d2 yesterday so today is first day out, ISO1000. Some noise reduction in Nik Define2.0 and LR6 with about 75% crop.

34276467956_c53e4946c2_o.jpg

Cracking shot Andy!
I'm still toying with the idea of one, ( the lens) so its good to see what its capable of with the good old 7DII (y)

Is that ok now?.

sorted.:)

Last edited:
When i click on that link in john,s post it is still showing google acount
Its because you changed your own post but the quoted posts stay the same. I'll do it (y)

:banana:thanks:D

Last edited:

Bought a 7d2 yesterday so today is first day out, ISO1000. Some noise reduction in Nik Define2.0 and LR6 with about 75% crop.

34276467956_c53e4946c2_o.jpg

Super. I love Wrens. I also know how difficult they can be to spot, let alone get a shot off.

They are excellent Robert.:D

How does everyone transport this lens? In camera bag? In lens supplied BIG case/pouch? Or any other 3rd party pouches/carry cases?

is every one using a tripod with the lens
Depends. Handholding all day is not feasable but I do if I am only going to be half an hour or so. If I am going to be out 6 or 7 hours, it has to be the tripod. This is particularly so if I am stopping in one place with the camera pointing at a predetermined point for a particular critter.

How does everyone transport this lens? In camera bag? In lens supplied BIG case/pouch? Or any other 3rd party pouches/carry cases?
I use the supplied case. Bestbeloved and I carry a lot of kit on our travels and that includes a couple of telescopes. Being clearly in that large case makes indentification fast and easy.

is every one using a tripod with the lens

I bought a 2nd hand gimbal head (just a cheapie) works fine but I can never be bothered to carry the tripod!

Carry mine on a strap, with neoprene cover for protection, if possible, rested on something

Taken yesterday after an hours walk, rested on a large rock

Female Wheatear by Phil D, on Flickr

Camera bag attached to my camera.:D

Back