Sigma 150-600mm contemporary

Great captures.
I take it the slightly washed out look is deliberate?

If it is any concellation I use a Canon 100d and started with a 10-22 and a 18-200. I added the sigma to my collection and it works fine. I have started to use a monopod when taking photos of my grandson playing football but so far no complaints. You do not need an expensive body to get decent photos it is up to the person taking them.

POSTED IN THE WRONG PLACE. should have been in the Nikon d7200. this was not taken with the sigma 150-600 C.

Last edited:
went out for the first time with this lens on a Nikon D90. quite pleased with the results and autofocus is quite fast which I'm pleased about.
all shot at ISO 1600 as these shots were taken after 8pm in the waning light - hence mild noise but again pleased with low light functionality of this lens, all taken hand held

Flying duck by LionOfJudah13, on Flickr
duck fight 2 by LionOfJudah13, on Flickr
duck fight by LionOfJudah13, on Flickr

Just out of interest, are any of these wildlife shots taken with extenders attached, or are you all just a lot better at getting close than I am? I never seem to get close enough even with the 1200mm FF equivalent zoom on my bridge.
No extender here :)

Some recent,
Has said above we had goldfinch visiting, they have been around the last three day. Manage a few shot the first day, and again for one minute this morning before i went to work. I moved the feeder a bit to try to get a clean background. I know it's still just a "feeder kind of shot" but as it's my first sighting i'm happy with that!
_NdJa7AwlPpl-VHjkSt1z1blIbt5m8_XYogJHKoBg0J_Qp83fs2-tb1jna8PRO33eRP5widC1Im8no7qmVM1amhuanztyB-gmDC7QXLnRtnhkSaKs-TRLExHXBOla6_Pevp2H8xrwmLRTdTBTdLuUEhjubhJ1FTQ8mOjYpUI2LUg5TeQ1dloQz0z8rd1SMR4nx3yqEi-i7Qe3GblE1rYX_bpuK_a1aIXTFtpXZZmHLyeVvzghlSpk04F-N3xre-sLDOtxcGnj5sj4oRGVXYhuQ_jrhIK9CviqffR12ORy_ksPytcDEYsztUQibQ6yxY9_dAKtJG73gfdRImLwUwjWYd4oFCwgQTkjOrX5F-WFmRmtfdpKMO8T3ACXgtt5BWOFYnb9M37npEq2iz_ZQewMs_l5YqWHH499cwqrY5KCMITtTBV_Vm07HC9kHwCL8Q7iQ4EtXjWFPNWOksyU7YK2vn0x4A1aLwfjy_eGNynu8eLqiS1yIhxILvaYhQtSqfjDOmVrVLmBvChkXKV58W3WGDgrJ_L8n899_l5UP4aptfUKt8bagmDJ4hIk0aUW1OggDwSGr9OwoJpRpiAtqCDbhh8gULn2Mp5opjwTGFuV2Rm0VuhPKS8=w962-h642-no

I'll create a new thread in the bird section with a few more recent shots.
Edit: just made it https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/recent-garden-birds.656319/

Last edited:
Most of the benefits of this lens to me are at the long end, however you do you find it against say a Canon 70-200 f4 L is, in the 150-200 range?

A weak point of this lens is that you need to be a fair distance away from your target. At the weekend I was attempting to photograph buzzards when I came across these critters (Nemophora degeerella). By the time I was far enough away to focus I could no longer find them. There was a delightful swarm of them in a cloud about three feet off the path I was on. Eventually:
moths.jpg

First, you can only compare if aperture was the same in both. Second, have you micro-adjusted the automatic focus? Needs doing before you take the lens back.

Back