Sigma DP Merrils Price Drop

I've got the 16-35 f4 my most used lens on the D810 you will love it.

If the Sigma DPM is your first you will be amazed at the detail - I have a DP3M ……… I think that I would say for how I use it - it is just amazing and very refreshing ……. and always want to pick it up ….. take shots and view them

If the Sigma DPM is your first you will be amazed at the detail - I have a DP3M ……… I think that I would say for how I use it - it is just amazing and very refreshing ……. and always want to pick it up ….. take shots and view them

It is Bill love the D810 but it is rather weighty so hopefully the DPM will be a very nice lightweight it of kit until I get a couple more:rolleyes:

Last edited:
think its around 70 shots average, so given its digital, probably more often.worth it though :)

I have no idea if the genuine Sigma, (3.6v 1250mAh) last longer than the DOT_FOTO, (3.7v 1150mAh), third party ones that I have …… don't reckon I have ever got more than 60 to 70 …… sometimes I only get 40 …. seems to depend on how hot the camera gets and how much "hunting" focusing you do

both batteries are made in China and the DOT_FOTO fit like the Sigma, (I mention this as I read that some third party batteries are too tight)

Last edited:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Battery-U...659?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item460a6d5b3b these are what i use, you could probably get them cheaper direct from uk power shop (the seller ive linked)

last as long or longer than the sigma ones, guess id recommend 5 or 6 batteries if you going to be using it all day

Thanks again guys camera should be here by Wednesday cant wait to give it a go.

Have a Wanted Ad in the classifieds for a DP3 no one has offered and it's been a while now so I am looking on buying a new one as I would love to start doing some Macro shots.

just ordered a DP1M from srs ......... maybe one day they will "run out" £319 delivered ....... to go with my DP3M .......... I'm sure that I'll be tempted with the DP2M before the summer

Does anyone use a lens hood with the DP1M?

Landscape with DP3M . two images stitched ............ a little boring and dark, but I like it ....... view from the back terrace in S Africa

Landscape_pano.jpg

and a Beach Pano in France

Beach_pano_france.jpg

Last edited:
I just use the Sigma bayonet fit hoods on all my DP Merrills.

didnt they want 20quid for the hoods?, annoyingly sigma does some lenses with aps-c hoods, which no one uses, included with lens. but dont include hood with dp cameras :|

but hmm http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SIGMA-LH3...483?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4635fb35d3

whats the clearance between body and hood, with hood reversed? *might* be tempted to get that if itll go on reversed and with my L plate one

About 5 mm, maybe a smidge under (DP3M with hood reversed).

I am also using a rubber hood which I find excellent and collapses down to fit back in a small bag.

I still have my finger on the buy now button on the dp3 :)

Shame that one on AV forums is priced a bit high...first one I have seen offered in a while.

Yes mate I have replied to that and I think £225-£250 would be a fair offer.

for the camera alone 250 would be fair but he does have hood and filters etc IIRC

I would be happy with £250 camera only but I think he wants to sell with the hood which I don't really want so pointless buying something that I don't want if that makes sense.
Camera World have them £320 brand new with warranty so makes me think is it really worth buying second hand.

I see what you are saying mate..320 is a very good price and tbh if it were me and had the funds I would buy new for sure.

Anybody on here got a Quattro and compared it with the Merrills? From what I've seen elsewhere nobody seems to be very impressed with the Quattro...

Marmite cameras you love them or hate them I suppose and I have read that the picture quality is not quite up there with the Dp Merrills but that's saying they are in no way a bad camera.

Marmite cameras you love them or hate them I suppose and I have read that the picture quality is not quite up there with the Dp Merrills but that's saying they are in no way a bad camera.

If the image quality were better than the Merrills I could probably live with the hideous looks, but all the user comments I've seen suggest they're not as good. Just wondered if anyone here has one and can confirm either way.

As above Simon I don't think image quality is up there with the merrills and I understand why some people have all 3 ( Lucky Buggers ) I think the Quattro's was aimed at existing Merrill dp1/2/3 owners but I doubt many was sold and there are some great deals out there at the moment and have no doubt you will be aware of.

My advise Merrill dp1/2&3 sorted nothing much can touch them for corner to corner sharpness IMHO.

As above Simon I don't think image quality is up there with the merrills and I understand why some people have all 3 ( Lucky Buggers ) I think the Quattro's was aimed at existing Merrill dp1/2/3 owners but I doubt many was sold and there are some great deals out there at the moment and have no doubt you will be aware of.

My advise Merrill dp1/2&3 sorted nothing much can touch them for corner to corner sharpness IMHO.

Thanks Andrew. The Steve Huff review is interesting, if a little over-zealous in his choice of vocabulary! I have two of the Merrills currently and like them very much, not least because of the small size, so the Quattro's odd design would make them less easy to lug around. If there's little to be gained in IQ I think I'll stick with what I have.

I bumped into a fellow tog today at Leicester Cathedral who was sporting the snazzy Quattro, we had a chat and he let me fondle his wares....absolutely sublime piece of kit, forget the looks it is by far the best single handed shooter I have ever used which is where he had also fell in love with the camera, he couldn't really say IQ wise which was better out of the Quattro and the Merrill(which he also owned) but it was a given that the Quattro was better to handle..

we are meeting up in a week or 2 for a walkabout and he said bring a spare card so I can use the Quattro and take the images home with me, jolly nice chap.

initial feelings are handling wise I prefer the Quattro hand down, but I wouldn't be paying much more if any over the price of a Merrill.

Back