Sir Tom Moore

That's absolutely incredible.
They should name a hospital after him. :)

Is that all? I can do better...

I can't put Hospital on my list, this one is yours, but here's my list...

A number of wards in other hospitals
School
College
Some rooms (ie: Tom Moore Conference Room, Captain Tom Dining Room, etc)
Buildings (ie: Tom Moore Tower, Tom Moore Conference Centre, etc)
Bridge
Tunnel
Streets (Tom Moore Street, Tom Moore Ave, Tom Moore Close, etc)
Royal Navy ship (ie: HMS Moore )
Airliner
Train
Civilian ships and boats (ie: a cruise liner named after him, oil tanker named after him, and even a fishing boat named after him)
An Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle. NASA used to name each Apollo CSMs, examples Columbia (Apollo 11) and Odyssey (Apollo 13)
A still un-named crater on the moon, if there's one
New asteroid
A still unfound moon orbiting around Saturn or Jupiter or anywhere else
A website (ie: Captain Donation, a donation website (like Just Giving) named in honour of Tom
A watch (ie: Rolex CTM1000, as in Capt. Tom Moore's original target aim of £1000)

Amazing, he deserves some recognition for doing something that can't be easy for him

I just don't think sending birthday cards is the best idea someone has had, where will he put them all ?
How long will it take him to open them, you can bet he will get van loads
It's a lovely idea just not well thought out

It would be nice if, in the future, we could be told how this was actually spent

It would be nice if, in the future, we could be told how this was actually spent
They generally talk to Tom towards the end of the BBC breakfast shows, I have seen them also talking to a spokesperson from the NHS charity receiving the money and they give updates on how the money is already being spent.

Amazing, he deserves some recognition for doing something that can't be easy for him

I just don't think sending birthday cards is the best idea someone has had, where will he put them all ?
How long will it take him to open them, you can bet he will get van loads
It's a lovely idea just not well thought out
Over 25k cards so far and next week Royal Mail will be using a special post mark, for all UK stamped mail, wishing Tom a Happy Birthday.
https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEMDsNLkRvI_uDc3qf2nHksMqGQgEKhAIACoHCAowzuOICzCZ4ocDMKiaowY?hl=en-GB&gl=GB&ceid=GB:en

The queen could get off her ar$e knight him over a video call so he becomes Sir Tom with immediate effect, then a trip to the Palace when it's safe, or is she all talk about every one pulling together.

Ok its never been done before but that would make it more special to him.

Watching BBC Breakfast, with his Hurricane and Spitfire fly past and other celebrations.
Honary Colonel
Honary Captain of England Captain Team
No.1 Single (Oldest person to reach No.1)
Donations rapidly approaching £30million.

An inspiration to everyone.
Happy Birthday Captain (Colonel) Tom Moore

My dad's cousin Alf got his 53yrs ago. You would probably have heard of him. ;)
Ah yes him I know, he was on tv when my kids were small (y)

MV5BMTQzNDYwNDYyNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTE1NDIyMjE@._V1_UY268_CR87,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Poor old guy has COVID.
Hopefully he will be ok.
Not in intensive care thankfully, but in hospital to help him with his breathing. He's been receiving treatment for pneumonia and hasn't been able to receive his vaccination

Back