weekly Snorton's 52 2012 - WEEK 14-17 ADDED OPERATION CATCH UP

**I couldn't see what the fear element was without your explanation. I actually considered doing a similar one with my dog whao is afraid of the wind and fireworks, trouble is I didn't want to frighten her just for a picture ha ha

(**I guess because my dog is a scardy cat your picture made me think the dog was scared to go out, I didn't consider that the dog was creating fear lol)

Delta Skies said:
I see what you are trying to get at. I maybe would have put an envelope coming through the letterbox.

Like the idea but with our dog the slightest movement in the letter box and she's up and down like zebedee, and there's no way she'd stay still :)

danhardwick said:
I like number two but having seen the picture before I read your description I had used my own thoughts for fear and I thought you were trying to get the fear the dog might feel if no-one came home for him.

Never thought of the picture in that way but yeah I can see that now. Blimey don't want the RSPCA or Dogs Trust on me back :)

HI Simon.....sorry it's taken me so long to get here :crying:

Fear....what a cutie:love:.. my initial thoughts were the pooch was waitnig for someone to come home , in fear of being abandoned but having read your words I can see what you were aiming for . Agree with others comments about maybe a letter coming through the door or the shadow of the postie outside....the pooch moving would also have added to the sense of fear the postie might get .

Still...good shot..like the mono & noce n sharp...good work mister (y)

Fear, nice narrative.

If the dog was looking at the letterbox and a bit more or the door/less carpet...it would, I feel, be better.

Good start.

So many 52's it's hard to keep track. Your fear shot works for me (after an explanation) I think the silhouette idea would make it even better (y)
Keep up the good work.

Hi Simon...

Direction : I rather like it, a good idea to use that. It might work better if the knife were oiled perhaps, and the point, picking out a specific instruction in the recipe, as if you were working through it (you may have been of course :D), just IMO...

Fear : I like the image, it's great... Personally, I'm not sure it says fear... more longing, or waiting... If the postie were just outside and you could see something, that would perhaps bring more fear into it..

Well to say I've struggled with this theme is an understatement, not just with the subject matter but also time wise, and not wanting to use a joker so soon into the project.

I have 2 I'm putting forward for this week, but tbh I'm not really happy with either. Would love to read what you fine people think.

This first one represents the satisfactory sigh one gets after a hard, cold day at work and comes home to a warm roaring fire.

6716586615_766bcf2f5b_b.jpg

This second one is to represent the collective sigh of despair over the country every November as we remember those who have paid the ultimate price for serving this nation past and present.

6716740909_9460d9e57e_b.jpg

I like Direction, good dof, and nicely lit. Agree with the comments about the knife being turned the other way though and possibly pointing up the page as well.

Fear - very nice pic but doesn't say fear to me at all. I see patience etc but you know the full story so it's your shout.

Sigh - Could the fire do with being more in context? Possibly more in view with slippered feet in shot etc? As it is it's not as homey as it could be, in fact a couple of people used similar for their fear shots. Not saying they're right and your wrong but it shows there's vagaries of interpretation,

The crosses - it looks heavily processed to me but a very good idea.

Cant believe I'm still playing catch up :D

Liking what you have done so far Simon, Your Direction shot has great colours and I like the way my eyes keep getting drawn to the 'Throw in the Chicken' line - Good dof and nice n sharp where needed

Not sure your dog pic specifically shows fear, even though I really like the picture, the said addition of a postie or child through the door would have delivered it ;)

For Sigh I too prefer the poppy shot... a great pic again with nice use of dof. As said by others, if slippers were in the fire shot I think that could be the shot

Look forward to seeing what you come up with next

Hi,

Direction, nice take on the theme and a nice sharp (pardon the pun!) pic.

Fear, oh how I relate to that! I have a Jack Russell myself that does almost the same thing! There's a window near the front door that he stands and looks out of always around the same time every day when the posty is due!

Sigh, I like the poppy image but it looks a little soft but that could be my tired eyes this morning!

Keep up the good work!

Thanks all for your feedback so far, especially on the Sigh pics as I didn't think much of them to be honest. Promise I'll get round other submissions, just not had chance over past few days, and soooo many good pics to look at from you guys :)

so many posts to get through!!

good start to your 52.

Direction - i like this photo, right on the theme and great DOF

Fear - doesn't stand out as fear as others have said unless you read the caption, lovely take though.

sigh - could feel myself warming from that fire, both a great take on a hard theme.

look forward to the rest of your year

wardie

Liking the poppy shot but the foreground seems a little overexposed to me and detracts from the image. Both great ideas for the theme.

Both good ideas for sigh, but I think that the fire needs a bit more context to it... Therefore, the second one would be my choice...

Hi Simon,

What a great start, Love your ideas so far.
Direction- I really like this one, brilliant idea nicely done. It's one of my favourites from the 52's so far:)

Fear- great shot, b&w works really well here.

Sigh- it's got to be the poppies in the snow for me, well done

Looking forward to seeing your week 4!

Carol

Nearly missed your sigh ideas because you haven't filled the spreadsheet in :bat: :rules: ;)

I like the second one a lot; very poignant and very well captured :)

Hi Simon,

What a great start, Love your ideas so far.
Direction- I really like this one, brilliant idea nicely done. It's one of my favourites from the 52's so far:)

Fear- great shot, b&w works really well here.

Sigh- it's got to be the poppies in the snow for me, well done

Looking forward to seeing your week 4!

Carol

Awwww thanks Carol :ty:

I'm really enjoying the 52 this year and looking forward to finding out the next theme. Lol also slowly catching up with others 52's.

Quite right. It'll be the naughty step for you if it happens again ;)

I don't think either shot is especially reminiscent of the theme, but they are both pleasing in their own right.

Thanks for all your comments so far.

Now time for Week 4 - sweet.

Without doubt my faves...peanut m&m's....mmmmm

6750870487_3db0efbb0e_b.jpg

Last edited:
Candy coated peanuts, everything a sweet should be. ;)

Well done nice clean shot.

Great photo's, for me the fire in sigh is my favorite for personal reasons.

Peanut M & Ms nom nom nom

Matt

Can't see your picture for sweet; Flickr says it's not available?

Back