Notice Some big changes coming to TP

Thanks for all you’ve done Marcel, for more years than I can remember (2012 !) checking into TP has been a daily event for me, such a useful resource, I’ve learned so much. I hope somehow it’ll keep going !
Thanks again.

Last edited:
so if the the worst comes to the worst where do we go
any other good photography forums ??
Mod edit TP is still alive and kicking at the moment, redirects are still against the rules ;) the only one worth joining...

Last edited by a moderator:
Mod edit TP is still alive and kicking at the moment, redirects are still against the rules ;) is the only one worth joining...

The forum layout is a bit messy, I could not use a forum with such a layout.

The forum layout is a bit messy, I could not use a forum with such a layout.
A combination of using 'Latest Forum Activity' (What's New on TP) and notifications and it works as well and as smoothly as the forums here, IMO.
But no-one will, hopefully, have to think of migrating elsewhere...

Last edited:
Whatever the outcome, thank you for all the time and effort that you have put in to TP. And the mods, too.

Can only echo the thoughts of others. Can't believe I've been here over 10 years. The forum really helped me improve my photography when I started.
Whilst I don't take as many photos as I used to, TP is still my goto place when I need to know something, or even just show off an occasional nice snap.

I really hope someone (or a big gang) will take the forum on as a going concern.

Thanks @Marcel (y)

Well, this potentially sucks, but as has been said, @Marcel absolutely must take care of his own mental health and home commitments.
I'd like to offer up my huge thanks to him and all of the staff/mod team, and all the other members who've helped me along my photographic journey.

As someone who posts very little I'd just like to say thanks. I read TP almost every day at some point and have learned so much on here. I hope that a way can be found for it to continue. Good luck for the future.

A combination of using 'Latest Forum Activity' (What's New on TP) and notifications and it works as well and as smoothly as the forums here, IMO.
But no-one will, hopefully, have to think of migrating elsewhere...

What I meant was, it looks a bit messy. Not nearly as nice a layout as TP XenForo style, which is great and easy on the eyes, for hours of browsing.

It is over half a century since I first got hooked on photography. For reasons that I cannot quite fathom my interest in taking pictures has been waning for a good few years. Landscape and wildlife pics were a passion, but now I find that I get all the pleasure I need from just looking (I am fortunate in that I do that on an almost daily basis).
If this forum folds I probably will not bother joining another.
When the internet became a way of life I joined several forums. No other could hold a candle to TP. To those that run the forum and many contributors, I thank you.

The joining date is shown if you click on your username - 16th January 2009.

I forgot all about that, blimey, I've been here for over 13 years... why aren't my photography skills better?! :D

Really sad to read of the possible end to the forum. I shall feel quite lost without it.

Thankyou @Marcel for all your hard work and I completely understand you have to put your own needs first. Thank you also to all the moderators.

Thank you @Marcel and the team for the years and years and years of work to build this amazing forum! Thanks also for the transparency about the current situation and options for the path ahead. I completely understand the reasons. If there is anything we can do to help assure the forum can continue, let us know.

Wow! Though my hands-on photography activity has surged and ebbed, I have retained membership here throughout as my only online photography resource. I had no idea what's been going on in the background and yes, I hope that new owners can be found.
Thank you, the best of luck to you Marcel.

As an Admin/Mod on a different British photo forum with 35,000+ members, it saddens me to see Marcel have to give this one up. TP has been going forever and I recognise quite a few names already in this thread who have been or are members wherever I pop my head in to discuss photography. I sincerely wish @Marcel the best as well as hoping that he finds someone else to take over and keep TP going in the fashion we're all used to.

As an Admin/Mod on a different British photo forum with 35,000+ members,

Which one? Hey, don't shoot me, if there's an iceberg in the distance it's good to know where the lifeboats are :)

Last edited:
I'd be gutted to see this forum close. My photography has improved no end due the existence of this place and its members.

I'll be genuinely sad to see it close.

Thank you also to all the moderators.
You forgot to add, Except that miserable sod that keeps setting me hard tasks every week :D

Whatever the outcome is, I want to say thanks for the time you've invested into running this forum, even when you've lost the enthusiasm for it. I posted very frequently when I joined in 2007, but as with all hobbies/interested, enthusiasm comes and goes, resulting in me being a lot less active in recent years. This has been a great platform for learning and buying/selling gear - thank you.

@Marcel I understand completely your reason/need to do what you are doing and would like to take this opportunity to wish you all the best for the future
and thank you for the past.
I have enjoyed every moment of my time with TP and consider it without doubt the best Forum available to anyone serious about photography.
If the worst happens then you and the forum will be missed and impossible to replace.
Good luck and my best wishes for your future.

A Big thankyou to Marcel and everyone involved in making this a great place to hang out. Shall be truly sorry if it all dissapears but wish you and everyone else ive come to love on here all the Best in the future.

Which one? Hey, don't shoot me, if there's an iceberg in the distance it's good to know where the lifeboats are :)
Linking to other photography forums is against the rules

I’m another who spends a lot more time lurking rather than posting. For me in the 4 years I’ve been here it’s been a valuable resource, although as others have mentioned it’s also not helped my GAS :ROFLMAO:. I’ve gone through a few rough patches over the last few years and this place has been somewhere to escape to and encouraged me to focus more on my photography so for that I’m exceedingly grateful. In short thanks for the past, good wishes for the future and fingers crossed that this forum can continue :)

If the worst does happen, we should all keep our usernames the same so we know each other elsewhere.

Hope it doesnt come to that though

I tend to use the same alias or very similar on most sites, though I don't really do other forums these days, just the odd gaming one and dip into other photo forums here and there. Be sad if we were etuck with options like DPR though .... painful towards here

JO4GWW.gif

A good thing to Google is... Captain Edward Smith ;)
And an even better thing to Google is "Captain Stanley Lord" - we must all do our best to help.

Back