Sony RX100

I'm on 1.1.

It seemed to take the first two shots very quickly, paused, then took a third. But it was definitely on a single press. That was on both on "auto HDR", +3 and 5 ev and simple shot bracketing.

I couldn't get it to bracket 5 shots though, only 3? This is confusing!

Last edited:
The different versions is a little confusing particularly as some are still on sale against bat the latest mk4.

Is there an easy reference table you can point me to that highlights the differences between the 4 versions?

You can set up a spec reference comparison here, and if you go into the reviews of each camera it will highlight the differences against the previous camera as part of the in depth review.

And a handheld bracketing shot last night, very impressed with the low light capability

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1443280831.019647.jpg

Great colours in that first pic Greg. Very impressed with the rx100. Look forward to getting one!

Went to print an image taken with my M3 and it's come out a bit desaturated. Going to recalibrate my iMac and Epson R3000 tomorrow with my Color Munki, but this got me thinking about colour space and all that stuff. The M3 is set to sRGB by default. I have my D800 set to Adobe RGB and that option is available on the M3. Does anyone use it?

It's funny you should say that, I printed some shots from my 6d (via Lightroom) and they also came out a little de saturated. Not thought of the colour space before?

I've always used sRGB as its default these days and it's actually AdobeRGB that's supposed to cause disparity issues between monitor and printer?

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1443597135.981566.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1443560585.753273.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1443560585.753273.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Hi, well spotted! Yes it's been tweaked for a spooky effect [emoji38]

Just ordered the Sony AG-R2 Grip and a spare battery :)

Also sourced some 0-ring grommets to put on the wrist strap so I can tighten the strap around my wrist and reduce the risk of dropping it!

and a quick grab shot of the Forest Green chairman arriving for last Saturdays game....

FGR v Gateshead by Jeff, on Flickr

I understand this is a grab shot but at 1/125 shouldn't this have been sharper from the RX100 M3?

I don't think it focussed properly - I was trying to get the shot without him or anyone else seeing...

Fair enough. Rather than shot than nothing.

How have you find it for general people shots? I read that the default shutter at 1/30 can cause a few issues and must go into M or S mode to override it.

Look forward to hearing about the XAVC S video side of things once you get it working.

Looks to be OK, although I find all the various card requirements a nightmare :) - According to the Sony manual you need:

When recording XAVC S format movies, use the following memory cards:
– SDXC memory card (64 GB or more and Class 10 or faster)
– SDXC memory card (64 GB or more and UHS-I-compatible)
– Memory Stick XC-HG Duo media
• This camera supports UHS-I-compatible SD cards.

Fair enough. Rather than shot than nothing.

How have you find it for general people shots? I read that the default shutter at 1/30 can cause a few issues and must go into M or S mode to override it.

Look forward to hearing about the XAVC S video side of things once you get it working.
What problem is this?

I've never experienced any issues.

Just got my new Mk iv on Saturday and after a false start with the type of memory card (if all else fails, read the instructions) I'm starting to get to grips with it. The 'manual' is next to useless and the online instructions run to 256 pages! I may be some time getting up to speed, despite having owned the Mk i

Just got my new Mk iv on Saturday and after a false start with the type of memory card (if all else fails, read the instructions) I'm starting to get to grips with it. The 'manual' is next to useless and the online instructions run to 256 pages! I may be some time getting up to speed, despite having owned the Mk i

Glenn I would be keen to hear your view on how this compares with the mk1. I am thinking of getting another RX100 and really liked my original but I am mindful of the loss of range of the mk4 vs the mk1

Glenn I would be keen to hear your view on how this compares with the mk1. I am thinking of getting another RX100 and really liked my original but I am mindful of the loss of range of the mk4 vs the mk1

Here are the first few with the Mk iv. It handles the same as the Mk i (i.e. it's still too easy to hit the wrong button) and the quality is as good if not better, hard to tell yet The slow-mo video is spectacular but requires an expensive card to take advantage of it.

DSC00086_zpsrobjt2uy.jpg

DSC00069_zpsstja3qrs.jpg

DSC00134_zpsba2w2ru1.jpg

High contrast mono mode

DSC00124_zpszjybe5rb.jpg

Back