Sony RX100

it is a cracking little camera just have to resist spending the Christmas bonus on a mk iv lol

I brought the mk lll at the weekend. Having a play about with it. I'm very impressed with it. The video is very impressive.
My other camera is a d750 and it isn't getting a look in at the min

I've been reading this thread with interest over the past few days whilst struggling to decide on a suitable pocket style camera to compliment my DSLR kit. I was considering a mirror less set up but eventually decided to go for a RX100 mkii which I got from LCE for £299 and includes an extra year warranty into the price. Hopefully this will satisfy my needs and give me a decent camera for holidays and general snapping! Looking forward to getting it into use and seeing what it can do.

I've been reading this thread with interest over the past few days whilst struggling to decide on a suitable pocket style camera to compliment my DSLR kit. I was considering a mirror less set up but eventually decided to go for a RX100 mkii which I got from LCE for £299 and includes an extra year warranty into the price. Hopefully this will satisfy my needs and give me a decent camera for holidays and general snapping! Looking forward to getting it into use and seeing what it can do.

Remember to post your results! Enjoy, I love my mk1

Been offered a Rx100 mkiii in exc. condition with leather case and all the bits for £275, is this a good price?
What does the mkiii offer over mki for an extra £100ish?
Thanks in anticipation.
For that price I wouldn't worry

So I have done the deed and I am the proud owner of a mkiii. The camera looks like it has just come out of the box for the first time today. Not really had much of a play so far but I must admit it does look impressive. A walk out at the weekend looks highly likely, hope the rain holds off.

Enjoy, it's a great little camera!

Looking at getting one of these in the new year. Need (want) something small and pocketable and with good IQ - these seem to fit the bill perfectly for me:)

My mk lll broke yesterday. Well the lens cover bit when you turn it off has. Camera works fine just that bit. I'll out up with it till after Xmas and get it fixed then

I had previously ordered a mkii from LCE but decided to push the boat out and go for the mkiii instead - it arrives tomorrow so now I can't wait to get my hands on it! Seeing all the great shots taken with it here has got me excited like a kid in a sweet shop to coin a phrase!

I had previously ordered a mkii from LCE but decided to push the boat out and go for the mkiii instead - it arrives tomorrow so now I can't wait to get my hands on it! Seeing all the great shots taken with it here has got me excited like a kid in a sweet shop to coin a phrase!
Just for the EVF I think its worth the extra. Loving it so far and that's in poor light, can't wait for a bit of sun but I guess I'm going to have to exercise a little patience for that.

Just stumbled across this thread...

The RX-1000 IV is a bloody tempting little camera.

I've just ordered a Canon 6D and wondering if I've made the right decision?!

Why is it everyone goes for canon? I dont get it.

One of my photographers friend, he has also bought a Canon 6D and he is very pleased. IS the entry level for FF but the DSLR is amazing.

Just for the EVF I think its worth the extra. Loving it so far and that's in poor light, can't wait for a bit of sun but I guess I'm going to have to exercise a little patience for that.
That was the main reason for changing to the mkiii to be honest. I like having both options and the evf is meant to be really good from what I've read. I just can't wait (still!) for it to arrive tomorrow now.

Lol don't worry, you have :)

As good as my RX100 is it's not a patch on my 6d!

Bloody good though!

Well I got my m3 yesterday and it looks and feels great. I haven't had much of a chance to use it properly yet but just a few trials at home have given me good feelings about what this little gem can do. Nothing worthy of posting yet but as soon as I get out with it, I'll try and get something of interest to put on here.
Looking forward to running it alongside my DSLR set up in the future.

While I was out earlier, the battery went flat on my mk2 but the lens didn't close / rectract which I thought was odd. Fortunately, I had another battery so all was ok but is there a setting I'm missing ?

Found this butterfly in my garage today in the middle of December. I was told before I bought the Mk3 that it doesn't do macro too well. This was taken by the light of a torch at 1/13s.
Considering the conditions this was taken under, I can safely say that in good light this little gem must be more than capable.
Butterfly by Chris Wright, on Flickr

Back