Sony RX100

Love the last one

I used to be heavily into Night-photography and light-painting a few years ago, haven't managed out much in the last year or two. Thought I would give this a try out the window to see how it faired compared to my SLR's, quite surprised (although my focusing could have been better/sharper)

Shot with only the half-ish moon out.

Out the Window by Matthew Morrison, on Flickr

Still amazed about how good this camera can be. Still regret selling it but I might buy another one soon as the price for mk1 is very tempting.

Madness for considering leaving my FUJI XE2 at home when I go away to N. Wales for a week at Easter? It's a place I've stayed twice before and the weather is likely to be mixed...and the RX100m3 can do this...

Inside Gloucester Cathedral by Jeff, on Flickr

Gloucester Cathedral by Jeff, on Flickr

Went to Venice with my wife for a romantic weekend so didn't have much opportunity for shots but was quite happy with this from the RX100 mk1 :)

venice.jpg

You know, that's really not too bad for a travel compact..... :) I remember lugging a Hasselblad round Venice.

Got my RX100 IV a couple of days ago but somehow seem to already have a a very light scratch on the rear. No idea how it happened. It hasn't been out of the house. Having an A7 already makes it a breeze to use, though it might only be a stop gap until the Nikon DL 24-85 comes out in June.

Well my Sony RX100IV is back from Sony after being repaired again to fix the battery discharge problem. They have replaced the main circuit board again, so we'll see how long it lasts this time...

Madness for considering leaving my FUJI XE2 at home when I go away to N. Wales for a week at Easter? It's a place I've stayed twice before and the weather is likely to be mixed...and the RX100m3 can do this...

Inside Gloucester Cathedral by Jeff, on Flickr

Gloucester Cathedral by Jeff, on Flickr

Well I only took the RX100 with me on holiday.....this is how some of the images turned out!

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/t...n-holiday-this-year-instead-of-my-csc.621771/

Last edited:
Just snagged a mark 3 for 200 quid ($475NZD), seemed rude not to grab it at that price. Will make a handy true compact :)

The detail in these shots for a 1" sensor still amazes me [emoji106][emoji106]

I have been looking at the Sony RX100 - the M2 and M3 to replace my Canon compact as I "carry" around when I do not take my DSLR ....... I do not do much "non bird" stuff and if I am out in the "street" I would use my M8 and Zeiss 28mm lens, (which is just too big to be "pocketable")

Reading thru this thread the RX100 seems to be one of the best around ......... the M2 is quite a bit cheaper than the M3, (I have just seen a M3 advertised for £400, is that a good price?) ........ but I reckon that the M2 maybe just a little better because of its longer zoom

what do you guys think?

@billn I do not own one just yet but after looking at the differences when I was recommended this camera, I decided I liked the mk2 based on the fact I didn't think I would use the pop up viewfinder or the selfie mode. Plus it is a little more pricey.

Back