Sony RX100

I really must get my RX100 mk2 out of the cupboard - i don't think i've used it for a few years although my eldest took it on his DofE silver. Come to think of it, i havent used my m43 gear for months either so maybe i should sell something...

Have the itch again for a little camera and cant decide between the RX 100 MKVA or the RX 100 MKVI.

Love the idea of the zoom range of the MKVI but the aperture and built in ND of the MKVA also make me feel that might be a better way to go.

Did find the ND handy on my Fuji X100T but then again my most used lens on my DSLR is the 70-200.

Think i may just have to toss a coin and go heads or tails!!!!!

I loved my x100t, it was just bloody great - but of course, it’s not suitable for everything so whilst it gave me the most enjoyable experience it was a bit large for business travel.

Realistically, the rx100 gives me all I need for a travel camera - I’ve even shot the Milky Way with it

Just back from Jessops with my new Fuji lens and a shiny new RX100 III.

Hi @Dave70D,

Did you get the standard RX100 iii or the one with the case and grip kit? Also how much did you pay, I went today and they had the one with the case and grip for £349 (after the Sony £100 cash back). Had a play and was impressed with the camera compared to my XF1.

Thank you

Hi @Dave70D,

Did you get the standard RX100 iii or the one with the case and grip kit? Also how much did you pay, I went today and they had the one with the case and grip for £349 (after the Sony £100 cash back). Had a play and was impressed with the camera compared to my XF1.

Thank you

Hi, I got the deal with the case and little grip which is now on the RX100 III.

Hi, I got the deal with the case and little grip which is now on the RX100 III.

Cool, did you pay £349 after the cash back? And how is the case with the grip fitted?

Thank you

Cool, did you pay £349 after the cash back? And how is the case with the grip fitted?

Thank you

It cost me £499 but I get £100 cashback in a month, the little grip is great as all you do is peel off the sticker on it and just put it in place and press and hold it down and it stays on fine.

Morning,

Any suggestions on the following for the RX100 M3 please:

1. Which third party charger and battery are you using and are happy with them?
2. Which screen protector to get (apart from the overpriced Sony one)?
3. Good case, which is easy to use and works with the grip?
4. Grip other than the Sony one?

Thank you

Apparently Amazon UK are selling RX100M3 for £379 (£100 off) today only - is this deal eligible for the Sony £100 cashbacks as well? I can't find this out from the Sony website.

Very tempted

Last edited:
Apparently Amazon UK are selling RX100M3 for £379 (£100 off) today only - is this deal eligible for the Sony £100 cashbacks as well? I can't find this out from the Sony website.

Very tempted

Yes I am hoping it is too.

Well, I can't see any reason why it shouldn't be eligible for cashback if bought from Amazon itself. So I'm hoping for an RX100M3 for £279 - we'll see

Morning,

Thank you
Help, any suggestions please. Thank you

I purchased one of the Mark 4 versions today on the Amazon Prime sale for £479 with a £50 sony cash back, so £429 basically.

Off on holiday soon and although I'll still be taking a DSLR, this will be fantastic for nighttime etc and a great addition to my camera gear.

Dougie.

Morning,

Thank you
Help, any suggestions please. Thank you

1. Cheap one from Amazon Inc 2 batteries £13
2. Cheap glass one from Amazon £6
3. Hama zip case with space for batteries £10 LCE
4. Don't have or need

Amazon are still selling M3s for £379 and Sony promotion gives £100 cashback

The stick on grip does greatly improve the handling, I got a genuine Sony (probably!) on ebay it was from S. Korea, took about a week.

1. Cheap one from Amazon Inc 2 batteries £13
2. Cheap glass one from Amazon £6
3. Hama zip case with space for batteries £10 LCE
4. Don't have or need

Amazon are still selling M3s for £379 and Sony promotion gives £100 cashback
Thank you, have been looking at both Amazon and eBay, I think I want one of those hard type cases as the camera will be in my work ruck sack.

Re the battery might just have to chance one on Amazon.

Which would be better for car photography, not really much video (1080 is fine) how does this compare to the Sony RX100 III and IV? or the Canon M50 on sale?

I purchased one of the Mark 4 versions today on the Amazon Prime sale for £479 with a £50 sony cash back, so £429 basically.

Off on holiday soon and although I'll still be taking a DSLR, this will be fantastic for nighttime etc and a great addition to my camera gear.

Dougie.

Amazon have knocked another £30 off this so with the Sony cashback it's £399, bargain - been playing with it today !

Dougie.

Morning,

Thank you

Morning,

I have now ordered the following:

1. Battery and charger from Amazon, will post some thoughts once I have used it for a bit.
2. Some cheap screen protectors from ebay.

Looking at the case, I quiet like the look of the Pelicase 1010 or 1040, anyone using this with their Rx100 M3? The 1010 will not work with a battery as the case is a snug fit for just the camera.

Thank you

Here is my first one with the RX100 M3.. this is one of the first one taken to test the camera, it was indoors and the light was low:

Love is Brew... RX100M3 Test by SEP9001, on Flickr

Did you take advantage of the Amazon Prime Day offer??

Yes, was looking to pick one up and this came at the right time.

Thank you

Back