Spotted a togger : Part 3

This at a motorcycle race event where it was made blatently clear in the program.. no photo or video allowed.... looks like a que to photo eh :)

sprintpics.jpg

Even out at sea toggers are not safe from this thread.
They were a fair way away from me. Luckily I had my zoom bridge with me :D

Never heard of the term Togger until I saw this post. I'm assuming it is referring to someone taking a picture?

Well in that case I snapped this chap at the local air show with what looks like some expensive equipment! Perhaps its a video camera and in that case I may have failed with this post, can anyone tell me what the equipment is ?

DSC0653.jpg

Yeovilton air day a couple of weeks ago.

He was flinging that thing around all day long, I couldn't have managed 15 minutes.

bet hes only got a little willy though...

Shot with my Iphone...

Spotted this chap (Rob Wyatt) near Woburn yesterday while I was out mountain biking. He was shooting catalogue pics for a bike manufacturer.

Nice chap, had a chat with us between set ups, interesting for me as a cyclist and ahem... "photographer" (funny how a few years ago I would have choked at calling myself a cyclist). He even asked me to send him my pics of him working for his blog and showed us some of the images on the back of his camera and explained that he was balancing off camera flash with the ambient dappled light through the tree canopy.

shortly after on another set up I clicked him again and although its a throw away, I couldn't hardly believe it, I caught his flash in my shot!

Nice chap as I said, there are some SERIOUSLY good pics on his website. HERE

pho-TOG-rapher perhaps, lol.

Yes, I was given an explanation to this a few posts back, keep up ;)

I did ask a few people before I posted and was told it was an old saying to go have a kick about with a ball, which I'd never heard of myself so posted my curiosity. Also a quick google:

togger (ˈtɒɡə)
— vb
dialect ( Northern English ) to play football

I'm from the North so maybe why I was given that explaination ? :p

Has anyone been able to work out why he's gurning yet? I understand the need to squint, but...

Also, gurning isn't in the Chrome spell checker. This is a travesty.

Back