Spring by the River

wow...what an amazing and inspiring thread :D

It really has encouraged me to get out into a local forest and see what I can find. If you don't mind me asking, what sort of equiptment do you use to capture such lovely shots of nature?

Nikon D200/300 with sigma 120-300 or 300-800 usually.The landscape/wider angled stuff is generally with the D200 and a 17-55.

That is what I use generally, but I ain`t checking all the exif for variables......:D

Nikon D200/300 with sigma 120-300 or 300-800 usually.The landscape/wider angled stuff is generally with the D200 and a 17-55.

That is what I use generally, but I ain`t checking all the exif for variables......:D

thanks for the info (y)

lovely pics - I'm off out to the forest tomorrow hopefully if the weather is OK to try my first go at shooting some birds

This greedy bugger was on the table at one point yesterday.

HenPheasant1.jpg

I did think about what was for tea that night,picked up the rifle and thought better of it.I just shooed the greedy sod away. Must be mellowing in my old age...........:D

I did think about what was for tea that night,picked up the rifle and thought better of it.I just shooed the greedy sod away. Must be mellowing in my old age...........:D

I worry about you sometimes Ade :D
but thats a cracking shot (with or without the .22 rim fire :D)

Last edited:
We have had dogs running the deer at night for a while now and quite frankly we are sick of it.

Tonight should have seen the end of it for a while............;)

We have had dogs running the deer at night for a while now and quite frankly we are sick of it.

Tonight should have seen the end of it for a while............;)

You shot all the deer ? That'll learn'Em :D

Hope you get it sorted Ade ;)

Been a while, work keeps interfering with things.......:bang:

Couple of working dogs for you.

JHalstead079.jpg

JHalstead089.jpg

Cheers Andy, you out at sea now?

Took these with the D700, I don`t usually use it for this sort of stuff, but tried it today,quite impressed.

Aside from the fetchie subjects they are stunning shots of the dogs Ade... (y)

Very well taken imhgo... :D

:p

Thank you kindly Mr Green....(y)

Got some shoots lined up,so I shall hopefully keep thread thread going.

Thank you kindly Mr Green....(y)

Got some shoots lined up,so I shall hopefully keep thread thread going.

I have'nt come across this thread before but i just finished getting through it SUPERB mate keep up the good work it's like keeping a diary but better
Regards
Lost

This is the view from my hide, it shows why I sometimes get strange backgrounds.

hideview.jpg

Upside down Nutty from yesterday.

Nuthatch-2.jpg

I fear that the new "gamekeeper" has genuinely lost the plot..........:nono:

snares.jpg

If you set snares, you have to remember where they are and check them daily, if he puts this many down,then I`d be very surprised if he does either.In fact, he doesn`t.

What's he intending catching...an ant colony??? :shrug:

A visitor to the bird table , I didn`t have my rifle with me,goddammit........:thumbsdown:

treerat.jpg

What's he intending catching...an ant colony??? :shrug:

It is a silly old fashioned thing of weathering new snares, it is just old folklore really. Plus he hasn`t got a bloody clue what he is doing.

I meant the volume, rather than the 'height'! (y)

Did ya not have any rock nearby :bat:

Nice to see the thread still ticking over Ade, now will we get some RIF shots on the 25th? :LOL:

It is a silly old fashioned thing of weathering new snares, it is just old folklore really. Plus he hasn`t got a bloody clue what he is doing.

Is it just me? Or have you got a low opinion of that fella:LOL::LOL:
Enjoying this thread if I have not told you so already(y)

Is it just me? Or have you got a low opinion of that fella:LOL::LOL:
Enjoying this thread if I have not told you so already(y)

If I told you what I really thought Charlie, I think I would get a ban.....................:LOL:

I haven't been on this for a while and there are some excellent shots Ade, love the gundogs vaulting the fence but this has to be my favourite, absolutely nailed it:

This greedy bugger was on the table at one point yesterday.

HenPheasant1.jpg

Thanks Colin, they seem such a drab bird from a distance, but close up, they are quite a nice thing.

I'm glad to see this is still running (y)
Catch up time for me too Ade
Well caught on the 2 labs, great images both (y)

You think they were expecting something?

sheep1.jpg

I feel a bit tight having now`t for them..........:shrug:

By the looks of the green dye they have already had something.;)

I thought Chris would be first to say that..........:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I dinae expect to get away with "me having nowt for them though"...........:cautious:

I dinae expect to get away with "me having nowt for them though"...........:cautious:

Nothing unusual in that you miserable auld skinflint.:p

That better?:LOL::LOL:

Actually I will confess that I did miss the "dye" until Charlie bought it to my attention, I was looking for another "angle"
Beaten by a Scot, how will I ever live that down :shrug: :D

Actually I will confess that I did miss the "dye" until Charlie bought it to my attention, I was looking for another "angle"
Beaten by a Scot, how will I ever live that down :shrug: :D

As might be expected... :cautious: ... I hadn't missed the Green but I was right proper dragged up and far too polite to say anything uncouth like that... :naughty:

More truthfully... :eek: ... I didn't want to get the blame... :coat:

:p

Back