weekly St-ephen's 52 2012 - week 8 - Handmade added.

Ah haaaaaa bugger.... Another I have commented on in Flikr rather than in thread, Gawd, don't know whether I'm coming or going lol

I really like this one, a great idea and memory's of when I was younger - Great photo (y)

Agreed, I remember sighing to this situation on more than one occasion lol

Nice work :)

Hi Stephen....

OMG....FEAR...that will give me nightmares for months...what a totally wicked image...fab PP.....love it...really really great image :clap::clap:

Sigh....not enough money for choccie....definately on theme...really nice image...sharp , great colors...love it :clap:

Great start,pic no2 fear really works with the snakes and some fantastic editing. Look forward to your other pictures.

Phew.. What a nightmare. Loads of hassle with this but here's my take on "Sweet"

4_52_Sweet.jpg

a bit corny but its sweet-wine-gums :nuts:

3 discrete shots blended.

You wouldn't believe (or maybe you would) how much grease transfers from a wine gum to a newly polished glass. Hats off to anyone who takes glass pics.

Last edited:
Hi Stephen....

OMG....FEAR...that will give me nightmares for months...what a totally wicked image...fab PP.....love it...really really great image :clap::clap:

Sigh....not enough money for choccie....definately on theme...really nice image...sharp , great colors...love it :clap:

Great start,pic no2 fear really works with the snakes and some fantastic editing. Look forward to your other pictures.

Well staged shot, very well done :clap:

Thank you folks. Much appreciated. I've not got round to looking at other posts yet; something for tomorrow now.

Wow, some amazing shots. Love what you have done for 'Fear' and 'Sigh'. I was going to ask if the price tag was shopped before I'd finished reading your text :D

nice one there with 'sweet'... good to see it got your brain ticking to come up something like that... great idea and brilliantly executed! Keep 'em coming kidda (y)

Thank you all, nice to have people leaving coments. I find doing that really hard.

Wow, some amazing shots. Love what you have done for 'Fear' and 'Sigh'. I was going to ask if the price tag was shopped before I'd finished reading your text :D

haha I think that'll have to be a retake next time I've got a couple of hours spare.

Stephen... hat's off to you, that is a cracking image indeed, must of took some work that (y)

Thanks DK, most of the work was with glass cleaner, and even that has left a slight sheen.

nice one there with 'sweet'... good to see it got your brain ticking to come up something like that... great idea and brilliantly executed! Keep 'em coming kidda (y)

Can you hear the ticks? :LOL: Thanks Leigh, and I'll try to keep the juices flowing :)

Really really good, like that alot. The lighting on the falling sweets inparticular.

Thanks, the falling sweets were lit from both sides.

Week 5, secure.

I had a reasonable idea what I was going to do for this so left it a bit late, only to find my gear was all too tatty to take photo's of, so I had to dash out and buy some shiney new bits. :) The rope should be 10.5mm or 11mm but I've used 7mm chord because a clean and new rope is a bit pricey.

5_52_Secure.jpg

This is nearly the setup to protect a climber who is leading (going first) up a rock face. The bottom of the screwgate (the big shiney bit) is attached to your harness at the bottom of the climb, the rope is attached to the climber and if he/she falls, the rope on the left of the pic is held down by whoever is at the bottom, thus arresting the fall. Anyway, the screwgate is closed by a spring, locked by the screw (the lime green thing) which is itself kept in place by the plastic clip making it totally secure.
All this counts for Jack if the climber hasn't properly protected himself, in which case they'll come crashing down anyway.:crying:

great photo for sweet, like it a lot.

Secure - any excuse to go shopping :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: and another really well thought and well executed image

Dark Knight said:
That's a cracking shot Stephen, that background really brings out the colours and sharpness in the ermmmmm...... Thing - Bang on theme (y)

Thank you DK, the background is a local rock face, the "thing" was shot in the darkness of my cellar :)

like this one, lovely shot :)

Hi, there, just reviewing the 52s and noted I've missed a few.

Direction, sharp and on theme, but feels a bit close for me.

Fear...holy crap, that's mental. Liking it, well composed and processed.

Sigh, yip, been there. Well composed and nicely lit.

Sweet, another cracker. I'm liking your creativity. Again well composed and lit. Flash seems to have brightened a few of the sweets more than others.

Secure, you really seem to have your lighting bang on. Sharp and cracking idea.

Cheers and now subscribed.

Leading the 52 in my eyes with some fantastic photos I know it's not a competition but I really like all of the themes well done:clap:

Sweet... thats another great piece of work.

Secure... thats another great piece of work

I think i've said that before lol

Cheers

Steve

You def have this pp'ing lark sorted!

Fear - yep, no explanation needed! Good shot and very well processed.

Sigh - yep, been there before! Nice clear shot and the change forces you to count it.

Sweet - very clever in both concept and execution.

Secure - very well taken shot, very sharp krab etc and good colours esp the rope. I know from my climbing days though that you'd need to check that several times before being certain you actually were secure!

Last edited:
Still playing catch up so apologies for not spotting you earlier.

All I can say is WOW!!!! What a start to your 52. Love the pp on your fear shot, and the sweet shot is just excellent.

love you sweet and love your secure even more.
2 fantastic shots.

Hi, there, just reviewing the 52s and noted I've missed a few.

Direction, sharp and on theme, but feels a bit close for me.

Fear...holy crap, that's mental. Liking it, well composed and processed.

Sigh, yip, been there. Well composed and nicely lit.

Sweet, another cracker. I'm liking your creativity. Again well composed and lit. Flash seems to have brightened a few of the sweets more than others.

Secure, you really seem to have your lighting bang on. Sharp and cracking idea.

Cheers and now subscribed.

Hi,

Great additions to the 52, still cannot get the fear shot outta my head.

Matt

Leading the 52 in my eyes with some fantastic photos I know it's not a competition but I really like all of the themes well done:clap:

Sweet... thats another great piece of work.

Secure... thats another great piece of work

I think i've said that before lol

Cheers

Steve

You def have this pp'ing lark sorted!

Fear - yep, no explanation needed! Good shot and very well processed.

Sigh - yep, been there before! Nice clear shot and the change forces you to count it.

Sweet - very clever in both concept and execution.

Secure - very well taken shot, very sharp krab etc and good colours esp the rope. I know from my climbing days though that you'd need to check that several times before being certain you actually were secure!

Still playing catch up so apologies for not spotting you earlier.

All I can say is WOW!!!! What a start to your 52. Love the pp on your fear shot, and the sweet shot is just excellent.

Thanks guys. I'm glad you like them..

Interesting take on secure and good clean image.

HI ya

Sweet....dunno how I managed to miss that one....brill idea , great pp....love it :clap:

Secure...fab shot...so sharp it jumps of the screen , great dof ....lovely bit of work :clap:

Hi Stephen, great shot for secure. Great colours and the background really set it of well.

Interesting take on secure and good clean image.

Your secure shot is a good sharp image with some great colours (y)

Thank you all. Its nice to get the positive feedback.

Wow. This has been a struggle. Until 2005 I'd worked in the manufacturing / engineering industry for the best part of 25 yrs, and this was hard for me. I've taken loads of shots, and to be honest I'm not happy with any of them. This is the one I've gone with though; it is a governor on a steam engine in the Museum of Science & Industry in Manchester. It spins at a speed proportional to the engine; the faster it runs, the further out the steel balls are thrown by centrifugal force. This lifts (in this case) the collar at the bottom which in turn reduces the steam supply. By this method the speed of the engine is controlled or "governed".

6_52_industry.jpg

I'll put more on my flickr if anyone's interested, but to be honest they're all quite plain :(

Last edited:
Hi Stephen - don't know how I have missed your pics so far. Love them all - except perhaps fear (too scary - ha ha). Your attention to detail is fantastic - buying new kit for secure. Like the motion on industry and looking forward to your take on root. Mike

Thanks Mike, the detail thing sometimes annoys those around me :)

Oooohhh...I like Industry...love the motion , the colors & the write up is great....superb shot mister :clap:

Thank you. The motion one is one of about ermm 50 or so that were unsuccessful :(

Back