weekly Steve E's 2012 52- Sweet added +B/W

Nice Candid Steve,the only thing i would say is its a shame that you couln't get rid of the other guys back, think i prefer the B/W as well you can see his eyes better.Do gamekeepers have time to take photos or didn't you do it this year??

Nice Candid Steve,the only thing i would say is its a shame that you couln't get rid of the other guys back, think i prefer the B/W as well you can see his eyes better.Do gamekeepers have time to take photos or didn't you do it this year??

Liz, no what you mean about the "back", but there was 10 of them waiting to draw their pegs. The pic was shot yesterday on a 450D (dont take the 60D when picking up) looks as though the year is out, will check it out next time it comes out of the bag,(beaters day next week, opted to shoot with the camera and not the gun).

Last edited:
Great candid shot! I like the colour one best I think; I think the guy could be smoking in the B&W one. It's a slight shame he didn't have a sigh on his face, but you did really well to capture it at all!

Great candid shot! I like the colour one best I think; I think the guy could be smoking in the B&W one. It's a slight shame he didn't have a sigh on his face, but you did really well to capture it at all!

Cheers Mark, the guy in question (hopes he's not a tp member :LOL:) does n't do any facial emotions. If he won the lottery i'd doubt he would smile.

I like the mono shot as well,

It brings out the facial features of the chaps better when they get the result.

Chris

B&W for me too Steve. That guy looks like a right character.

Taking pictures of people is something i'm really not confident with so I think I may have to make the effort during this 52.

It's the colour one for me as I think it give the pic more depth

B&W for me too Steve. That guy looks like a right character.

Taking pictures of people is something i'm really not confident with so I think I may have to make the effort during this 52.

I too need more practice at this phil:eek:

am liking the B&W one best, funny he looks more disappointed than relieved :LOL: but as you said, unemotional chap?

I'm a fan of the B&W too and like many here it seems need to practice photographing people in the wild!

You have good candid capture there love the expression on the guys face he look very miserable. Think the b&w is best

Certainly some thought going in to these shots

Wk1 is a great shot, like the colour and dof

Wk2 With all the debate and the re-shoot... i'm not sure which one now myself, nice use of dof - i'm thinking possible the first one

Wk3 I prefer the colour shot, it gives more depth to the smoke imo - Nice shot

Only 49 to go... look forward to seeing what you come up with :)

Sigh, not really seeing sigh here but the narrative helps give context.

I'd like to see him isolated.

Cheers.

Not sure about him isolated, i'd like to see him sectioned!!!!!;)
But no where you are coming from, will see what i can do.

regards

Love the direction. Good idea and nice dof.
Not keen on the fear to be honest but its because it makes me feel a bit awkward. Maybe I should like it because it definitely hits home.
The sigh is really good. I prefer the colour one but both certainly give a good indication of how he feels.

should[/I] like it because it definitely hits home.

Know how you feel about the fear shot, the idea came to me because i know someone that went down this road. Made me wonder when i was setting it up.
Thanks for the comments

Direction : Clearly on theme, it looks well lit... I just feel it's lacking in something to really make it. Perhaps one of the pieces on the corner of the square ?? Which one looks most dejected ??

Fear : I think the second works best... th elighting is better controlled and the focus is more appropriate for the image. A very dark take on the theme, but I think it works, although I think it probably needs the text to explain

Sigh : Not totally convinced for the theme, but it's a tough theme. A very nicely captured image, good strong detail, and bang on focus. I think it works better in mono.

Hi Steve

like the candids...prefer the mono....more atmosphere for me....difficul theme & a good interpretation (y)

Colour version for me as well, I love chillis and think the red really helps it stand out. Agree that the stalk looks a little OOF and maybe a slight crop so that it's not quite as central.

Good work :)

HI Steve

color version of Sweet for me...like the angle ,the slight reflection, the colors look good , so for that a (y) Was this a little bit of light painting ?

But , the whole image seems slighty oof.....was this hand held at slow shutter speed as that may account for it ? Or if on a tripod , did you have IS/VR switched on with low shutter speed ?

Back