weekly StuartPearson 52 for 2021 - Week 52 - Showcase

I am trying to figure out what the wiggly thing is on that bottom apple and failing. That said the colours are lovely. I might have been tempted to crop in even closer to remove the space on the RH edge but I guess that depends on your intent.

I am trying to figure out what the wiggly thing is on that bottom apple and failing.
The earphone in the imposter is designed to look like an police earpiece, I was given it as gadget birthday present a few years ago, the "wiggly part" is the lead extending to the earpiece. It's a coiled see through type of wire. It is probably relevant to the image but does appear to be random.

Clever clogs take on 'Plant' - nicely done :)

More lateral thinking - I didn't notice the "plant" until I looked a second time. Lovely colours in the fruit.

Lovely rich colours on the fruit and a clever interpretation of the theme, nicely done.

I take it it's something to do with the primary colours with red, yellow and blue being the most dominant(?) but not sure 100%. Very colourful image anyway :)

I take it it's something to do with the primary colours with red, yellow and blue being the most dominant(?) but not sure 100%. Very colourful image anyway :)

Your idea works but not the main concept, the position of the colours is relevant

Love the colours, it looks like the Microsoft Windows icon.
I'm happy you see it like the icon, that was my intention. The colours are made by the displays on four laptops with the tenuous theme link "Microsoft is still 'dominating' the PC market" :)

Last edited:
Dominating
I must admit I wasn't sure of the connection with the theme, but now I know, I think it's a very good idea.

I Saw MS straight away and realised the link.I Had no idea the lenghts you went too get the image, clever.

Pete

Week 30 - Snapper's Choice

This is the remains of the platform 1 roof at Troon station following a recent fire, I was on site re-instating some services.

Arches by Stuart Pearson, on Flickr

I'm sure you would have used a slightly different angle if you could.

Pete

Week 31 - Hands

An image that had a lot more potential at the planning stage but my various attempted methods to create the hands in a single exposure were very unsuccessful, this one was just a test but edited it looks the best of the bunch.

MHMLW
by Stuart Pearson, on Flickr

Clever stuff and works well :)

Arches - Quite emotive feel to this picture, hopefully it will back up and running soon

Hands - I would imagine that it would be quite difficult to pull that off in a single shot, like Nostromo says it looks quite ghost like almost like a séance!

Week 32 - Fur

A bit delayed this week after a trip to Birningham where all my submissions were taken.

First up is some Cacti in the Botanical Gardens, which was a great day out with many photo opportunities.

Cacti
by Stuart Pearson, on Flickr

Another from the gardens, is this "furry" looking tree flowers, I should have noted the name at the time for reference but hindsight is also wise after the event. It took a bit of trial and error to get it in focus, initially I was using a 100-300 lens on my Panasonic G5 but changed to the 12-60 lens which helped.

A58C6563-8EAE-4EE9-BF92-1FB607AFBBF4.jpeg

As advised earlier the camera club I'm a member of follows the theme which means I needed an image for Thursday night. Unfortunately I managed to fill my WiFi enabled SD card before taking the above images and had a standard SD card for later images. Which caused an issue as I had no means of easily getting an image submitted from the SD card, so it was a mobile phone shot of some "Fauxrry" jackets for my entry.

469F352C-A076-4897-B835-926DBD304998.jpeg

Like it. Looks furry but try stepping on it!

Really like the jacket. Very abstract and left wondering what it is. I wondered if it was some sort of brand. Reassuring to know it's not on an animal.

nice furry prickly thing :)

Fur - I think I actually prefer #2, because of the range of colour. That's not to take anything away from #1 though, just personal preference.
Hands - Interesting image. Are the hands composited in?
Am I the only person seeing Kirk Johnson in this image?
Snappers - Such a shame and an interesting shot of the damage. I doubt there are going to be many (any) other shots from that angle.
Dominating - Certainly said windows to me too. Vibrant - I like vibrant :)

Hands - Interesting image. Are the hands composited in?

The left side is composited, here is the original SOOC image (cropped as in portrait format), there is also some additional cloning to tidy up some bits in the posted image.

E0E64A00-AEF8-4341-9AEE-92A168C3A63A.jpeg

Like it. Looks furry but try stepping on it!

Really like the jacket. Very abstract and left wondering what it is. I wondered if it was some sort of brand. Reassuring to know it's not on an animal.

I was trying to have a section of each jacket creating the horse but it wasn't working, here is the SOOC.

6140AA43-8BCE-4A10-BA0B-B12EAF1B129B.jpeg

Goiod take on te theme Stuart :)

Hah. Made me smile...

Glass, love the colours I like these sort of dark scenes.

Back