Suggestions for places for a TPF get together

Hehe not quite as glamorous, seriously if Munich happens, drop me a line and we'll meet up while you are here :)

and whats wrong with Birmingham :nunu: :nunu:

We've got Ansells Mild, lots of derelict buildings, plenty of walks where you can get mugged, and within hours drive we have the Lickey and Clent Hills and the the local fishing pond.

Munich eat your heart out.

Mike :D

Mike Aiken said:
and whats wrong with Birmingham :nunu: :nunu:

We've got Ansells Mild, lots of derelict buildings, plenty of walks where you can get mugged, and within hours drive we have the Lickey and Clent Hills and the the local fishing pond.

Munich eat your heart out.

Mike :D

:smilenod: well said mate :thumb:

:laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1:

Steve said:
I vote for Munich, the beers good and cheap, there's a zoo here, My house can sleep 500. What more could anyone want? :D

So whos up for that? :whistle2:

Right o m8, I think we've found the location. We're all off to Steve's place.........:clap:

lol...forgot to tell you that I sleep in the local park and there is room for the 500 as long as some of the other regulars are on holiday (probably in Birmingham ;) )

Park is fine by me m8, I have a tent and an air bed so i'm fine...........now do you still have the address to send the plane tickets to :thumb:

What, they havn't arrived yet? You had better contact the Royal Mail to find out where they are as I am sure that the German Mail, with being so efficient has passed them over by now ;)

It could just be that the Royal Mail is too busy to deliver your tickets with trying to raise all those millions they need to pay their latest fine ;)

Would go to Munich at the drop of a hat, but BMI stop flying there from East Mids:hissyfit:

Steve said:
What, they havn't arrived yet? You had better contact the Royal Mail to find out where they are as I am sure that the German Mail, with being so efficient has passed them over by now ;)

It could just be that the Royal Mail is too busy to deliver your tickets with trying to raise all those millions they need to pay their latest fine ;)

Well between the efficient German Mail and the British Royal Mail, someone, somewhere has bagged themselves a cheap 430EX ;)

Theiving gits.

Me? Bitter? Never!

Port Merion is great on a sunny day but its really quite small. Unless there are German girls in bikinis on the beach I think we would eventually get a bit bored :D Chester Zoo would be cool, or the Lakes. As for Snowdon, why walk when you can take the train? :D Why not a city? Manchester or Liverpool for example. Plenty of architecture, street photography and things.

So....has anyone actually decided anything re location, dates, etc??? :whistle2:

Speaking from my own experience of such events, the only way to get some movement is for some admin/mod type geezer to set a date. Any date. Just set one. You will get many people saying they can't make it and if only it was a week earlier/later whatever. But that's always going to be the case. Set a date, set a venue, order the beer. Job done.

My choices?

1 - Munich or,

2 - A pub in the lake district.

Don't like zoos for many reasons. Not least, the smell and lack of beer.

Joe T said:
Anything from my calender of possible events this year here :p

Now thats a kickass list! Except you missed DTM cars at Brands Hatch on the 2nd July :)

Baghdad - just outside the Green Zone.
We'll walk to the Airport along Route Irish wearing "I 'heart' USA" T-Shirts, with pix of Geo. Bush Jr on the back.

I guarantee at least one of us will get some good riot shots...

There was a progymagram on the beeb that talked about nature/photography/special interest days out. I only saw one ep. and they where talking about sea birds.

Apparently the Scilly Isles, Farne Island and Bass Rock are all visitable as photographer groups.

EDIT: Beeb Linky. http://www.bbc.co.uk/handsonnature/

Im resurrecting this thread ! :) time we did something about it !

Im planning on going to Gigrin Farm to take pics of the birds of prey there, Red Kites and Buzzards etc thinking maybe the weekiend of the 27th/28th May (is a bank holiday i know)

They get a couple of Red Kites there !

Picture taken from the Gigrin Farm website !
Ohso_many_kites.jpg

Im also planning a trip to Farne Islands that same week, as have booked it off !

I know not all of you are into nature photogrpahy, but i have a couple of people interested already, just need to see if anybody else would be as well ! :)

If anybody else wants to organise something thats fine by me ! im just trying to get thinsg moving as it was me that started this ! lol

Good call Ian..I'm up for the Gigrin Farm caper! (y)

It's about time we had a Scottish meet!

I'm off to the POTN one in Edinburgh on 18th June in Edinburgh.
I will of course be wearing my TPF t-shirt on the day :D

Im with Arkady, sounds like fun to me, or why not meet up at one of the british superbike rounds.

IanC_UK said:
Possibly going to Touring Cars at Oulton park on the 14th and 21st too !

Still waiting to get appointment with surgeon about op on hand but may well get to that on one of those days.:)

Farne Islands

Trip departs from Seahouses at 10 am and lasts approximately 5 1/2 hours and allows 2 hours on Staple Island in the morning and 2 hours on Inner Farne in the afternoon. It is recommended you take a packed lunch as there are no facilities on the islands. National Trust members land free of charge and non-members pay a landing fee to the National Trust wardens on both islands. COsts highlighted below.

TOUR 3 ALL DAY BIRDWATCH - TWO-ISLANDS EXCURSION
5½- 6 hour trip - includes 1½-2 hours on each Island
Late April - July 31st // Sailing at 10am
BOAT FARE: ADULTS £25 - CHILDREN £15

NATIONAL TRUST
LANDING FEE

A 'landing fee' must be paid to the National Trust when landing on any of the bird sanctuaries. This is separate to and additional to the Boat Fare.
1 May - 31 July: ADULT £5.20 CHILD £2.60 (this is per island, so £10.40 total costs per adult on the trip) If you are a member of the NT its free though ! :)

If you decide to do this one, do not wear your best clothing and take a hat ! the birds are known to attack you and erm deposit stuff on you ! ;) you have been warned ! lol

If you decide to do this one, do not wear your best clothing and take a hat ! the birds are known to attack you and erm deposit stuff on you ! you have been warned ! lol

Don't I know it.

My last visit, one of the terns managed to draw blood from my head, so head gear is essential.

Oulton is one of the best circuits for spectators, you can easily get close to the vehicles, without the use of really big glass.

It can help in some circumstances though.:D
MEP_C7E48790501a.jpg

Mr Hill on his R1

IanC_UK said:
Im planning a visit to your neck of the woods too Bachs at some point ! :) Want to go to Loch Garten, Skye etc ! :) May have to allow some time for that one though ! not just a day trip ! lol

Pop by Montrose for a bowl of porridge and a brew...you would be most welcome!

So have we made some sort of decision yet?

I think we need to get a poll up so people can have a votage as to where we're goin!

Back