Suggestions for places for a TPF get together

draw up a shortlist and i will sort it out for you

I'd be interested in the lakes if it comes off...if not, anyone else interested in meeting up there sometime give me a nod. Also the Farne Islands, not that far up the road from me.

The Farnes sounds good to me.
But after last years weekend trip with nearly 100 people on the boat(very crammed).
I'd suggest a midweek adventure.

I'm hoping to go to the Farne Islands very soon.
It must be 15 years since I last went and I've been looking forward to going again for ages. Anyone know of any other interesting places to visit around there?
Rich

Loadsa places mate. If i'm not mistaken, I think some of Harry potter was shot at Alnwick Castle, Bamburgh Castle and Holy Island to name but 3.

KenCo1964 said:
Loadsa places mate. If i'm not mistaken, I think some of Harry potter was shot at Alnwick Castle, Bamburgh Castle and Holy Island to name but 3.

Are you giving reasons to go, or to stay away? ;)

I think your right though ( Linky )
(y)

Warspite said:
Are you giving reasons to go, or to stay away? ;)

I think your right though ( Linky )
(y)
Oh come on, my 6 year old son loves Harry Potter! "Expecto Protronum" (spelling), Wanting to go up there myself and Holly Island, never been with a camera.:shake:

Well im going to Farne on Thursday 1st Of June (am staying up in Berwick on Tweed Wed until Saturday) doing the all day birdwatching thingy ! My brother is coming and i believe Matt is also :) Anybody else is welcome to come along if they wish ! Im going to book the boat up tomorrow probably to make sure i can get on it ;) http://www.farne-islands.com/index.htm

As for the Gigrin farm trip, im planning on going the bank holiday weekend, not narrowed down to a day as yet though ! :)

I'm up for the Gigrin Farm caper Ian. Either day on that weekend suits me.:)

CT said:
I'm up for the Gigrin Farm caper Ian. Either day on that weekend suits me.:)
as i have been told about this place by my dad who loves it there count me in ..(y)

another 'lake district' vote from me as i'm only 1 1/2 hrs away :D

Ok, well i am definitely going to Gigrin bank holiday Satuyrday or Sunday, have emailed the guy that runs the place, to double check we are ok with a group etc, and have pm'd everybody that expressed an interest in that :)

If anybody else is interested drop me a pm.

As to the Farnes thats definitely going ahead as well :) again if anybody is interested in doing that on Thursday June 1st again drop me a pm :)

I think The Lake District is going to be a winner for a lot of people, as i said we dont have to do just one, as we have a great variety of photog styles among our number, so restricting it to wildlife or landscape and ignoring the wishes of the people and street photogs would be pretty ignorant :) We definitely need a poll though :) Ill wade thorugh here dig out all the places etc, put a poll up and then we can sort out the whens and hows ! :)

Time i put up or shut up ! lol

Shame Gigrin Farm is on a BH weekend, but Jan and me will be there Even if it's crowded out, we can reccy the place for the future, and it's not too bad a drive for me. :)

CT said:
Shame Gigrin Farm is on a BH weekend, but Jan and me will be there Even if it's crowded out, we can reccy the place for the future, and it's not too bad a drive for me. :)

Erm yeah i know re the bank holiday lol as you say though it doesnt have to only be one visit to any of these places, i just made an exec decision as we werent moving anywhere with it and as i mentioned it in the first place ! lol

Im not putting my name down as events organiser so anybody can do the same (as Arkady already has with his street photography days)

Satrurday is cool with us Ian. Any idea what time we need to get there to catch the feeding?

i'd love to go there another time, only a couple of hours drive away. let us know how you get on.

CT said:
Really? :D

The obvious place I suppose is Cannock Chase which is only a few miles from me and I was actually born and raised round there. I might have been conceived over there for all I know. :p

:eek: I work in Cannock!

How about Ironbridge Gorge and Blists Hill Museum?

:bonk: Nice way to come into a thread when it's all decided:nuts: :LOL:

Providing the weather isn't absolute **** we'll be having a slow drive over to Gigrin Farm tomorrow and getting there between 1 and 2pm ish.

I've PM'd you my moby no Ian.

i had a look, a mere 6 hour drive, so i will pass on this guys!

LOL Yep.. that's a bit of a trek for you Matty. :D

CT said:
LOL Yep.. that's a bit of a trek for you Matty. :D

i LIKE driving, but not that much, lol

nevermind though, you all have fun now!

IanC_UK said:
Wimp !!!!!!!

hehehe, thanks for the support there Ian!:LOL:

Back