weekly Sworks 52 in 2013

That Steps shot is lovely; I like almost all of the ones you've done, but that's the one that stands out for me.
The beginning one is really clever, too.
Thank you for the comments

You caught up again, well done.;)

Skittles in the glass is my Favourite. (y)

See you in another six weeks :naughty: :LOL:
You know me too well :) struggling more than I thought I would!

Hi Mark,

The mono "End of an Era" takes the money for me.

Super shot.

Thank you

Hi
A lot to catch up on, well done for getting them in, out of them all STEPS and CONNECTION would be my pick

hi Mark

cripes...you don't do catch up's by half do you :LOL:

Plenty....glass shot for me as the better of the 2 but might have either put some more skittles round the base or laid the glass on it's side with them flowing out....maybe :thinking:

Steps....totally love this ( apart from the slight crop of the 1st footprint)...good original idea :clap:

mono...end on an era........like the conversion ,plenty of detail (y) Just wish there was more space to the left & less to the right....sorry :crying:

Speed.....love it , the color really pops & it looks fast even in a photo :clap:

Hi
A lot to catch up on, well done for getting them in, out of them all STEPS and CONNECTION would be my pick

hi Mark

cripes...you don't do catch up's by half do you :LOL:

Plenty....glass shot for me as the better of the 2 but might have either put some more skittles round the base or laid the glass on it's side with them flowing out....maybe :thinking:

Steps....totally love this ( apart from the slight crop of the 1st footprint)...good original idea :clap:

mono...end on an era........like the conversion ,plenty of detail (y) Just wish there was more space to the left & less to the right....sorry :crying:

Speed.....love it , the color really pops & it looks fast even in a photo :clap:

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated

Hi, quick catch up

Plenty, yeah, works for me. Well composed and I do like the blue hue to the glass.

Speed, screams speed and the orange really pops.

Steps, nice shadows and detail. I'd prefer a slightly shallower composition and pity the slightly cropped lower foot print.

Mono, #2 for me. Not keen on the placement to the left.

Connection, on theme but a tad dark, maybe?

Beginning, again on theme and I really like the fact the lens is out of the frame.

Cheers.

Plenty - The version without the glass for me. Nice use of DOF, and the lighting works well. The glass version loses something for me.

I really like the sand textures in Steps, and the really nice, defined prints. The prints maybe look a little unnatural in terms of spacing though, but it's no big deal.

The sneaker doesn't really do much for me, but I do like Mono 2. The low left light is really nice, the shadow of the miner cast on the rock adds something. One of those times when a flat(ish) sky actually helps.

Connection is great, I like the processing a lot, and it's bang on theme.

Beginning has nice use of DOF, but I keep wanting to see the whole lens cap.

Many thanks for the kind comments. Popped in quickly to look at this weeks theme

Hi

well done for catching up
out of them all Melt stands out for me
some of the others Live and Solitude could maybe benefit from a crop

& flippin nora again.......

Food...now they look scrummy , like the centreish one being mainly in focus with just enough DOF to see the others , good color in the chocolate

Cut...love the muted colors ,suits the image , maybe a wee crop from the lhs to take the cut wires slightly off centre ?

Power 2 for me...as a clearer view of the button

Curve 2 as well...love the vibrant blue...wondering if a few steps to the right would have lost the boats ( but possibly bought other stuff in to view )

Reflection 1 , lovely lights & flow to the curvy one...wondering if portrait crop might work ?

Work...the colliery shot..maybe very light HDR would have helped with the sky & bought out the superb colors that are lurking in there ?

well done with the mega catch up mister...hang on in there , nearly at the end :)

Missed few so I'll just commets on the stand outs.

Cut works for me. Great textures and tones and lovely detail.

Melt, good moddy lighting and well composed. Pity the drip wasn't free falling.

Left #1 for me. Nice low angle and muted colours. I'd normally mention removing the FG leaves but I feel they add to the scene.

Cheers.

Missed few so I'll just commets on the stand outs.

Cut works for me. Great textures and tones and lovely detail.

Melt, good moddy lighting and well composed. Pity the drip wasn't free falling.

Left #1 for me. Nice low angle and muted colours. I'd normally mention removing the FG leaves but I feel they add to the scene.

Cheers.

Thanks for the comments :)

BLIMEY !!!!

Now that's a good catch up... sorry, not visited for a while

Still - Don't think you were blessed with the best of sky's... but feels nice and gloomy which is right for the theme !!! not sure on the gates shot composition, although a good idea :)

Whimsical - Now that made me laugh... good fun shot (y)

Power - A great pair !!! for me I like the first, with the power button peeking through the gap, great use of DoF :clap:

Solitude - Works ok but I think it is rather soft ??

Sweet - Great colour and focus on the tube, but for me the sweets need to be the same, they are too oof :)

Cut - That's an interesting image, well spotted, some great colours and textures in there !!!

Live - Hmmmm sorry but not keen on this at all :)

Reflection - a couple of cracking shots, my fav is the first with the string of lights (y)

Melt - Good black background, good capture of the drip too !!!

Left - Second shot for me, the DoF works really well, good focus on the message :)

Food - MMmmmmmmmm YUMMY !!!!! and a great image :clap:

GREAT catch up !!!!

BLIMEY !!!!

Now that's a good catch up... sorry, not visited for a while

Still - Don't think you were blessed with the best of sky's... but feels nice and gloomy which is right for the theme !!! not sure on the gates shot composition, although a good idea :)

Whimsical - Now that made me laugh... good fun shot (y)

Power - A great pair !!! for me I like the first, with the power button peeking through the gap, great use of DoF :clap:

Solitude - Works ok but I think it is rather soft ??

Sweet - Great colour and focus on the tube, but for me the sweets need to be the same, they are too oof :)

Cut - That's an interesting image, well spotted, some great colours and textures in there !!!

Live - Hmmmm sorry but not keen on this at all :)

Reflection - a couple of cracking shots, my fav is the first with the string of lights (y)

Melt - Good black background, good capture of the drip too !!!

Left - Second shot for me, the DoF works really well, good focus on the message :)

Food - MMmmmmmmmm YUMMY !!!!! and a great image :clap:

GREAT catch up !!!!
Many thanks for the comments

And I'm done :) Thanks to the members that encouraged me along the way and kept me going to the end I appreciate it. There were so many times when I felt like packing in and I'm glad I didn't. Some photos are what I see as poor but I just needed to post something, the last few to name some :)
Thanks again

& another one over the finishing line....Congrats Mark :clap:

Love the lighting on your Fantasy shot...really looks like she's floating (y)

Water 1 gets a (y) from me as well...nice lead-in lines , bit of detail in the sky...

See you in the 2014 challenge hopefully :wave:

Back