Talk Photography Fantasy Football League(s) for 2019/20 :-)

I've made a number of transfers over the past few weeks, I'm going for a slow steady rise :D I think I'm done for now though, time to rake in some points.

Ive gone all in this month I think. Helped me out in my leagues, lets hope I can keep up there!
Love the writeups, thank you :)

PS. I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.

So, a bit late, but better late than never. ;)

And, we have yet another new leader in another week of wildly varying scores. 51 point spread between highest and lowest. :oops: :$ Banished to Riyadh (60) move up a place to 1st from 2nd, and only one point behind last week. :clap: And still keeping it close, are only two points ahead of Klopp Klopp Boom (73 points, and highest scorers :clap:) who went from 4th > 2nd. Last weeks leader, Pink Chicken AFC (41) has dropped from 1st > 5th. Steve's strollers (49) drop a place from 3rd > 4th, and completing the top 5, CrouchPotato (62) leap frog from 5th > 3rd.

The average points for the week was 51.

I thankfully had another above average week with 65 points, and enabled me to go from 9th > 6th. :)

Too late for the deadline, as I thought all the games were on Wednesday.

Talk Photography FF League Gameweek 14
1575417580210.jpeg

Last edited:
And we have a new leader in the Head 2 Head league, and it's me. :D I won my H2H with Bamboozlers 65 - 42, and last week's leader, horspath hounds lost their H2H with dods duffers 37 - 46, to allow me to get on equal points, 30. But I am ahead on total accumulated points.

Because I have had to try and work out last weeks H2H scores, because I was too late to record them as usual. :banghead: It looks like Steve's strollers had a draw 49 - 49 with DTFC Snapper, but I don't think that is correct, as it looks like Steve's strollers actually won, as they have three more points than last week, :thinking: and are in 4th place on 27 points. CrouchPotato also on 27 points ahead in 3rd after winning a close H2H 62 - 60 against Banished to Riyadh. There are only four accumulated points between them though. Klopp Klopp Boom, Pink Chicken AFC and Penfold's Dangermice are on 24 points in 4th, 5th and 6th repectively.

AVERAGE claimed another scalp as Woodys wonders were beaten 51 - 40. Next up for AVERAGE is Banished to Riyadh. Buena suerte. ;)

Gameweek 14 Results and Gameweek 15 Fixtures
1575420880094.jpeg

TP FF H2H League Gameweek 14
1575420931054.jpeg

Last edited:
ACH, only a pity you weren't facing me this week, I did alright :D

Banished to Riyadh (54) stay at the top of the league, but their two point lead has been halved to one point. :oops: :$ :LOL: Klopp Klopp Boom (55) who were 2nd, two points behind, are now one point behind, but in 3rd. :thinking: CrouchPotato (65) are in 2nd, on the same points, though I think that is alphabetically. ;) I had another good week (78) and moved into 4th place, only six points behind the leader. :) Pink Chicken AFC (62) are in 5th three points behind, and Steve's strollers in 6th, a further three points behind. 13 points covers the top 6. I don't think it has been so close for so many, so far into the season. :oops: :$ :)

For those in mid table, all is not lost, as I was in 15th place five games ago. ;)

The highest scorer of the week was Bamboozlers with 85 points. :clap: Which enabled a five position rise from 18th > 13th.

The average score for the week was 49.

The deadline for changes this week is Sat 7th Dec @ 11:30

Talk Photography FF League Gameweek 15
1575659805248.jpeg

Last edited:
I stay on top of the Head 2 Head league because of winning my H2H against Amber Army 78 - 54 on 33 points. :) horspath hounds stay in 2nd on the same points after winning their H2H with Marco's Mob 57 - 41. CrouchPotato are three points behind in 3rd after winning their H2H against Pink Chicken AFC 65 - 62. Steve's strollers stay in 4th on 27 points despite losing their H2H with Mrs Smith's Boys 61 - 57. And then there are five teams, Klopp Klopp Boom, Pink Chicken AFC, Kante fit my Willian, Penfolds Dangermice and Mrs Smith's Boys :oops: :$ on 24 points.

Banished to Riyadh came out on top against AVERAGE, 54 -49. :) Next to take on AVERAGE is DTFC Snapper. in bocca al lupo.

Gameweek 15 Results and Gameweek 16 Fixtures
1575663122484.jpeg

TP FF H2H League Gameweek 15
1575663179630.jpeg

Thank you, that is the aim. :) Nice to know someone is reading it. ;)

Yeah fair play for the consistent write ups through the season, it is appreciated.

Also I spoke too soon about the one good week I had in ages, back to normality today .... though most of them play tomorrow

Only 2 of mine played so far but it was Robertson @ van Djik so 12 points.

I think my good recent run may hit the buffers. :( I swapped van Dijk for Alexander-Arnold, and then he doesn't start. :rolleyes: Thankfully he did come on. Though I would rather a Liverpool player didn't have to get injured for it to happen. :( Good time to have a clean sheet for my Liverpool defenders. I chose Mane as my Capatin, and then he doesn't play. :oops: :$ Hopefully my Vice Captain Vardy can continue his good run.

I didn't expect the Chel$ki result v Everton, and my Chel$ki players, Abraham and Mount, just got points for turning up.

Well those midweek games sure jiggled things up again :)

So you fit right in then. ;)
For those in mid table, all is not lost, as I was in 15th place five games ago. ;)

I was hovering near the bottom at some point!

This weekend is shaping up to be a feast or famine I think for some managers.
I know Mane not playing has upset a few teams who hadn't properly planned their subs (*ahem*, me).

Well those midweek games sure jiggled things up again :)

I was hovering near the bottom at some point!

This weekend is shaping up to be a feast or famine I think for some managers.
I know Mane not playing has upset a few teams who hadn't properly planed their subs (*ahem*, me).
My week is turning around a bit without Mane as Captain, as Vardy, my Vice Captain will get double points, and he's having another good day. :) I didn't make him Captain in the first place, as I didn't think he would sustain his goal streak, and Mane was on fire vs Everton. Turned out OK this time. ;)

Last edited:
Little dissapointed this morning, didnt have a great gameweek but managed to scrape a win in my H2H, but failed to qualify for the "cup" as I wasent in the top 4 Million or what ever it was :(

Anybody make it would assume a few have? dont always get far but was interesting twist to it.

Glad you pointed the Cup out, as I hadn't noticed. :oops: :$ Seems I'm in it this season. :) For the last 2-3 seasons I have been too low to be in the Cup when it started. :( :rolleyes: And I think in the few times I have been in it over many years, I don't think I have lasted more than two rounds. :( :LOL:

The team I am up against I would have beaten over the last 6 weeks. and beaten them 9 out of the 16 weeks so far. What are the odds they knock me out of the Cup. :LOL:

Last edited:
Another weird week when a lot of the league were around or below the the average (54) for the week. Mane not playing, and De Bruyne having a relatively poor week affected a lot on people I think. :thinking:

Because of everyone's varied scores, we have a new leader at the top, Klopp Klopp Boom (58). :clap: I was five points behind Klopp Klopp Boom last week in 4th place, and in also getting 58 points, stay five points behind, but move into 2nd. :) Banished to Riyadh (43) move from top to 3rd. and last weeks 2nd place, CrouchPotato (41), one point behind are now 4th, three points behind. ;) Steve's strollers (46) leap frog Pink Chicken AFC (35) into 5th place.

As said above, the average for the week was 54 points, and Amber Army was unlucky to drop a position with 59 points, as tarric totts got 64 points and leap frogged Amber Army and Wire Flyers (56). There are now three points covering all three teams. It is close at the bottom too. ;)

The deadline for changes this week is Sat 14th Dec @ 11:30

Talk Photography FF League Gameweek 16
1576025402795.jpeg

Thanks to eventually having a good week after the omission of Mane (affected a lot of us I think ;)), I won my Head 2 Head Penfold's Dangermice 58 - 49 to stay in 1st place. :) horspath hounds also won their H2H with 62 - 57 Mrs Smith's Boys, and stay in 2nd place, on the same points, 36. CrouchPotato stay in 3rd despite losing to Wire Flyers 41 - 56, and are now six points behind the top two. Still three points clear of Steve's strollers though, who lost their H2H with Kante fit my Willian 42 - 46. Kante fit my Willian move from 7th > 5th on the same points (27), though 30 accumulated points behind.

DTFC Snapper was victorious AVERAGE 65 - 54. :clap: Next to take on AVERAGE are dods duffers. Boa sorte.

Gameweek 16 Results and Gameweek 17 Fixtures
1576028006518.jpeg
TP FF H2H League Gameweek 16
1576028021781.jpeg

Glad you pointed the Cup out, as I hadn't noticed. :oops: :$ Seems I'm in it this season. :) For the last 2-3 seasons I have been too low to be in the Cup when it started. :( :rolleyes: And I think in the few times I have been in it over many years, I don't think I have lasted more than two rounds. :( :LOL:

The team I am up against I would have beaten over the last 6 weeks. and beaten them 9 out of the 16 weeks so far. What are the odds they knock me out of the Cup. :LOL:

I'd forgotten about the cup as well. I'm in as I'm ranked 1,493,779. I'm up against someone who's ranked 4,764,350. I would've beaten them by 2 points this week, sods law they'll have an exceptional week next week. I've never got past the 1st round!

Whoop whoop:banana:... Let's see if I can stay at the top this week though, in a very changeable league!!!

But I'm doing rubbish in the head to heads:banghead:

Big headache on captain choice this week. Back to Mane, or go with Vardy after he bailed me out stepping up from vice captain, or go with the guy I've just transferred in....mmm

Whoop whoop:banana:... Let's see if I can stay at the top this week though, in a very changeable league!!!

But I'm doing rubbish in the head to heads:banghead:

Big headache on captain choice this week. Back to Mane, or go with Vardy after he bailed me out stepping up from vice captain, or go with the guy I've just transferred in....mmm
I have the same dilemma with regards to Mane and Vardy. Can Vardy continue his scoring streak? Klopp will be potentially resting players over the next month at least, as he did with Mane, Salah and Alexander-Arnold recently, so Liverpool players playing, van Dijk and Alisson aside, ;) is not guaranteed.

Interesting to see who you got in as a potential Captain compared to the other two. ;)

I'd forgotten about the cup as well. I'm in as I'm ranked 1,493,779. I'm up against someone who's ranked 4,764,350. I would've beaten them by 2 points this week, sods law they'll have an exceptional week next week. I've never got past the 1st round!
My opponent for the Cup is current;y ranked 3,016,858, and I am 753,539, but the way the results have been so variable over the last few weeks, anything could happen. :LOL:

Managed a good week (ish) last week hurray ! this weeks fixtures are tough and im agaist the mr average in the H2H ... maybe time to use a "card"

There is another new leader at the top, though I think that may be alphabetically, ;) as Banished to Riyadh (80) hit the top on the same points as last week's leaders, Klopp Klopp Boom (70). :) Klopp Klopp Boom were 14 points ahead of Banished to Riyadh, and although a ten point difference in score this week, lost four points on transfers. Without the transfers they not have got the points they did though. ;)

I fall from 2nd to 4th :( :LOL: with a distinctly average 56 points, and CrouchPotato (70) move from 4th to 3rd, two points ahead of me, and thirteen behind the leaders. Steve's strollers (68) stay in 5th place, 26 behind the leaders.

Pink Chicken AFC (59) were in 6th last week with an 8 point lead on Marco's Mob (59) in 7th. Both played their Bench Boost, but Pink Chicken AFC lost 8 points for transfers, and as well as scoring the same points, they also have the same points total. It seems Marco's Mob are also ahead alphabetically. ;) :LOL:

The highest scorers of the week were Wire flyers with 81 points. :clap: Aided by the 48 points for Salah using the Triple Captain option, and enables the move from 20th > 16th. :)

The average fore the week was 56 points. I think most teams were better than the average compared to previous weeks, and the wildly varying scores. :)

The deadline for changes this week Sat 21st Dec @ 11:30.

Just a reminder, that if you have Liverpool or West Ham players that they will not be playing their game this weekend as Liverpool are in the World Club Cup, and the game has been postponed. I have used the Free Hit option to totally change my team for one week. It will be interesting to see how that turns out. ;)

Talk Photography FF League Gameweek 17
1576610288141.jpeg

Last edited:
My lead at the top of the Head 2 Head league was short-lived :( as I lost my H2H quite convincingly against Banished to Riyadh 80 - 56. :oops: :$ :LOL:horspath hounds, who were in 2nd place last week on equal points as me, move three points clear at the top by winning their H2H against Bamboozlers 57 - 40.

CrouchPotato, Steve's Strollers and Kante fit my Willian all won their H2H's and stay in 3rd, 4th and 5th. CrouchPotato are now only three points behind me, and Steve's Strollers and Kante fit my Willian a further three points behind.

dods duffers came out on top against AVERAGE 59 - 56. :clap: Next to take on AVERAGE are Kante fit my Willian. ;) Succes.

Gameweek 17 Results and Gameweek 18 Fixtures
1576611068031.jpeg

TP FF H2H League Gameweek 17
1576611116224.jpeg

Last edited:
As feared last week, usual service has returned to my Fantasy Football Cup progress, as I was beaten quite convincingly 90 - 56. :oops: :$ A team ranked about 1.3m behind me atm too. :LOL: You know the saying, "anything can happen in the Cup." :LOL:

At least I got into the first round this season. :)

As feared last week, usual service has returned to my Fantasy Football Cup progress, as I was beaten quite convincingly 90 - 56. :oops: :$ A team ranked about 1.3m behind me atm too. :LOL: You know the saying, "anything can happen in the Cup." :LOL:

At least I got into the first round this season. :)

Yep, me too. Lost 64-59 to someone ranked 3m below me!

I'll happily take a share of the lead and a win in the cup:)

No changes for me this week though, I'm saving the transfer. My LFC players will sit on the bench, I planned ahead a little to make sure my subs are getting regular 90mins.
I was thinking of dumping Zaha, but his goal at the weekend gives him a reprieve for a week or 2, especially as Palace are top of the favourable fixture table at the moment.

I've been bitten too many times by Zaha. His reputation is much better than his results. ;)

I've made 10 changes for the weekend, and have managed to get quite few big names in. :) Annoying that Cit€h are playing Leicester and Spurs are playing Chel$ki. :( I would have liked them to have easier opponents. :rolleyes:

Keeps interest in a weekend when Liverpool are not playing. :)

I agree entirely on Zaha, a week after bringing him in for a planned 5 week stint, I was thinking why on earth did I do that!!!!!

A nice draw between Leicester and City will do me fine regardless of fantasy points..... let them both drop points:woot:

Last edited:
I made a stack of changes too, nothing to lose at this stage being so far behind

While leading the league alphabetically last week, ;) Banished to Riyadh (46) are now five points clear of not last week's 2nd place (or joint 1st place ;)), Klopp Klopp Boom (38), but CrouchPotato (54) who move up a position from 3rd to 2nd, just five points behind. Klopp Klopp Boom move to 3rd. I (50) stay in 4th place. :)

Positions 5 - 8 also stay the same as last week, and that's Steve's strollers (51), Marco's Mob (71), Pink Chicken AFC (46) horspath hounds (54) in that order.

Marco's Mob were also the highest scorers of the week with 71 points, :clap: when the average for the week was 38.

I think using the Free Hit was a good move for me, because of the Liverpool players not playing because they were winning the World Club Cup. :) I expected more from Kane, who I made my Captain after Spurs form, and Son, who happened to get himself sent off. :rolleyes:

The deadline for changes for the Boxing Day games is Thursday 26th Dec 11:30.

Talk Photography FF League Gameweek 18
1577130049173.jpeg

horspath hounds stay on top of the Head 2 Head league with 39 points despite losing their H2H with Penfold's Dangermice 60 - 54. :)

I lost my H2H with Wire Flyers 52 - 50, :( and so stay on 36 points, but drop from 2nd > 3rd, as CrouchPotato won their H2H with Steve's strollers 54 - 51 to also have 36 points, but are ahead of me on accumulated game points. Just six points atm mind. ;)

horspath hounds and CrouchPotato go H2H on Boxing Day. :) If CrouchPotato win, they will go top, though equal on points, because of their superior accumulated points total, which would also be improved even further if they have won. ;)

There is also the potential for me to go to the top if results go my way with the top two, and I of course beat AVERAGE. :oops: :$ :LOL: Kante fit my Willian came out on top of their H2H with AVERAGE 42 - 38, and enabled them to move above Steve's strollers from 5th > 4th. :clap:

We had another draw this week Banished to Riyadh and Pink Chicken AFC drew 46 - 46. :oops: :$

Gameweek 18 Results and Gameweek 19 Fixtures
1577133530010.jpeg

TP FF H2H League Gameweek 18
1577133618082.jpeg

Last edited:
I'll have to wait till after midnight to do a write up about the last few days of games, but just a reminder that the deadline for changes for the next round of games is Sat 28th Dec 11:30.

I know some people can lose track of things at this time of year. ;) :LOL:

Another new leader! :oops: :$ Klopp Klopp Boom jump from 3rd > 1st with haul of 64 points. Last weeks leader, Banished to Riyadh (34) move from 1st > 4th. The average for the week was 49 btw. ;) They were unlucky to have Ederson (-3) and two Leicester defenders (0). CrouchPotato (48) stay in 2nd place. Marco's Mob (57) jump from 6th >3rd. I fall from 4th > 5th while also getting less than the average of 49 (which will come back to bite me later in the thread) and 43 points. :( I also had a Leicester defender, but have been let down by Chel$ki players loss of form. :rolleyes:

Highest scorers of the week were Bamboozlers with 67 points. :clap:

I already warned you about the deadline last night, because I knew this post was too late. ;)

Talk Photography FF League Gameweek 19
1577532637619.jpeg

Given I had Schmeichel & Chilwell and forgot to bring van Dijk back of the bench, I'm quite pleased with week 19. Lost my H2H though.

Quite tight at the top, all to play for.

Back