TalkPhotography Fantasy Football League(s) 23/24

7 points out of 6 players if you count the captain's 0 twice :dummy:

Doubles and blanks incoming!
3 chips still available. And to be fair, I don't hate my team. I just wish they would play a bit better.

Looks like my good run has come to grinding halt, 19 points, with 1 game to play, and 23 points on the bench! :oops: :$ :headbang: :LOL:

Made Solanke my captain, because he had two games this week, and he goes and misses a penalty, and so currently zero points! :rolleyes: :LOL: I have Solanke and Doughty to play their 2nd game tonight, but they could cancel each other out. :LOL: The only other player I had playing two games was Doughty, and he only has 2 points atm.

Currently losing my H2H 19-31, so would need a stunning night from Solanke and Doughty to turn that one around. :LOL:

Next week could be even worse, with only 4 players available for points. :( :LOL:

Looks like my good run has come to grinding halt, 19 points, with 1 game to play, and 23 points on the bench! :oops: :$ :headbang: :LOL:

Made Solanke my captain, because he had two games this week, and he goes and misses a penalty, and so currently zero points! :rolleyes: :LOL: I have Solanke and Doughty to play their 2nd game tonight, but they could cancel each other out. :LOL: The only other player I had playing two games was Doughty, and he only has 2 points atm.

Currently losing my H2H 19-31, so would need a stunning night from Solanke and Doughty to turn that one around. :LOL:

Next week could be even worse, with only 4 players available for points. :( :LOL:
With just 4pts in transfer I can have 10 players potentially in play this round. Not that it matters being 200pts behind! I always said that slipping 100pts behind at this stage meant no hope, I'm 100 behind top 5 - you! :ROFLMAO: let alone 1st - it's all about pride for us lower down at this point barring a really excellent run

I'm on 22 with Doughty and Captain Solanke still to play. Palmer killed it for me.

Only 7 playing next gw. I would have liked to bring Son in, but it would mean losing big ginger Kev. I'll give it some thought before the weekend.

I'm on 22 with Doughty and Captain Solanke still to play. Palmer killed it for me.

Only 7 playing next gw. I would have liked to bring Son in, but it would mean losing big ginger Kev. I'll give it some thought before the weekend.

I traded Ginger Kev for Son last round, not sorry, Kev did F'all for 4 games and this round Son out-pointed him by more than double , is Gingie Kev worth the monies?

I'm on 38pts atm, and 3 Luton players to go. One being Morris as my captain.

I traded Ginger Kev for Son last round, not sorry, Kev did F'all for 4 games and this round Son out-pointed him by more than double , is Gingie Kev worth the monies?

I'm on 38pts atm, and 3 Luton players to go. One being Morris as my captain.
One gw isn't enough to prove anything. It is a difficult one. But City have better fixtures overall and I can do Bowen to Son next gw without losing 4 points.

I've planned out the next few weeks, and think it looks ok. -8 this week to cope with blanks and the Ederson injury, which is -4 more than planned, but hey ho!

I get Salah back in 31, and team looks fine without needing a WC. I'll still have WC, BB and FH which will be deployed accordingly depending on if I feel a BB is better in 34 or 37. I'll wildcard just before the chosen week to maximise the BB and use the FH in the other one. That will become clearer after the next round of the FA cup.

Last edited:
This game week turned out better than expected yesterday after tonight's Bournemouth v Luton hame. Saw bits of the game, and Bournemouth coming from 3 goals down to win 4-3 was some comeback. :oops: :$

Atm, I have 38 points, after Solanke scored, and ends up with 16 points, and Doughty gets 5 points for an assist, despite losing 4 goals in the defence. 35 is the average now, and so slightly above the average for me, which didn't look likely yesterday. :)

The final numbers will be set tomorrow, but not as bad as it was looking for me. :) Still 23 points on the bench though. :rolleyes: :LOL:

I'm afraid 38 points won't be enough for you to not lose a place. Onana behind you has a big score

I'm afraid 38 points won't be enough for you to not lose a place. Onana behind you has a big score
Not surprised. :rolleyes: Looks like it may only be one position, though it's still updating atm.

Edit: I read popcorns's post as saying that I was going to lose the H2H, as I had already resigned myself to losing the H2H in my mind. So the "not surprised" reply, now that I have read it again properly, is not what I thought at the time. :oops: :$ :rolleyes: :LOL:

Last edited:
I was actually winning my H2H before the Bour/Luton game, and even up to HT it was looking good - wth happened to Luton that second half? [didn't see it just checked in on the scores here and there]

52pts which just keeps me out of the bottom 6, for now.

I was actually winning my H2H before the Bour/Luton game, and even up to HT it was looking good - wth happened to Luton that second half? [didn't see it just checked in on the scores here and there]

I was very lucky, on outright score I lost my H2H but a -4 for my opponent gave me the win!!!

Positions 1-3 remain the same at the top of the league, so Hlopp Klopp Boom(61), Amber Army(66) and Medway United(59) stay 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Onana what's my name(64) move up into 4th, as I drop down to 5th with 38 points. I am now 3 points behind.

Amber Army were the highest scorers with 66 points. :clap:

The average point score for the week was 44.

The deadline for making changes is Sat 16th Mar @13:30.

TalkPhotography FFL 23/24 GW28
1710505169111.jpeg

In the H2H league leader Klopp Klopp Boom won a close match up with Onana what's my name 61-60, to extend their to 11 points ahead of them.

Woodys Wonders stay 3 points behind in 3rd, after losing their H2H with me 31-38. Amber Army jump from 7th-4th after beating Tarric's Tot's 62-46, and are now 2 points behind Woodys Wonders.

TP H2H Table GW28
1710506472779.jpeg

TP H2H League Results GW28
1710506487042.jpeg

TP H2H League Fixtures GW29
1710506502153.jpeg

By a strange coincidence I had a terrible start and only after palmer’s 13 points and a mega comeback from Bournemouth in the second half did I manage a semi respectable score!

I would be in third place had I joined the forum earlier. I just have to console myself that I'm 160 points clear in the mini league I did join :D

Strange one this week, does anyone have a full squad? plus subs??

I might have 10 outfield with a sub GK [Watkins has a yellow ! ]

I should have 8 if Watkins plays. BgK has a yellow flag now and I think there is something not right with his relationship with Pep these days so I have taken a 4pt hit for Son who is now my Captain. He has good fixtures coming up. I would have preferred to wait another week and trade Bowen for Son, but things have changed.

I will have 4 players playing this week, if Watkins plays, and 1 transfer available. :rolleyes: Looking at the teams playing, it is hard to see anyone who can guarantee big points. Think I may bring Bowen in.
Its more like a Five a Side competition this week. :D

This could be my make or break week [only really aiming to top 5 as usual] - I have a bunch of players that 'should' play but that never means they'll do much between them! I only spent 4pts to have 10 [possibly] in action, and my bench is still pretty good with 2x Arsenal and 1x City for next round. [I will have to bring Haaland back in but also got £9.6m in the bank]

Last edited:
After I pay up 4 for transfer I come out with a massive 15pts this round ...

One thing I never get is with Keepers, I didn't watch the match but anytime I checked in it seemed that Areola was in the thick of it, he's down as having made 4 official saves - but Martinez [3 saves] gets bonus points and Areola misses out.

After I pay up 4 for transfer I come out with a massive 15pts this round ...

One thing I never get is with Keepers, I didn't watch the match but anytime I checked in it seemed that Areola was in the thick of it, he's down as having made 4 official saves - but Martinez [3 saves] gets bonus points and Areola misses out.
Areola is my top scorer this week :headbang:

Only beaten by Son for me, who got 4pts ... as captain
I counted Captain Son as 2 points. Still, onwards and upwards.

Well i give up!! Literally, i played my free hit chip, which was the only chip i had left! When i went to have a look at my team i found that the team had not gone back to its original, which included salah, haaland etc, and that free hit was showing as available; Took this up with the powers that be, and their short answer was that i had not played free hit, but had played wildcard. So the situation i am left with is 11million odd in bank, so could get my team back but at a cost of 40odd points. As i say i give up!!!! I played the free chip for game 29 when so many teams were not playing.

Last edited:
Well i give up!! Literally, i played my free hit chip, which was the only chip i had left! When i went to have a look at my team i found that the team had not gone back to its original, which included salah, haaland etc, and that free hit was showing as available; Took this up with the powers that be, and their short answer was that i had not played free hit, but had played wildcard. So the situation i am left with is 11million odd in bank, so could get my team back but at a cost of 40odd points. As i say i give up!!!! I played the free chip for game 29 when so many teams were not playing.

That happened to me last season, it was my own fault as I confused WC with FH, but it still sucked!

It was a very disrupted gameweek because of the FA Cup, and a huge variation in scores because of the limited number of games. Klopp Klopp Boom(18) still lead, though their lead is down from 42>22 points, not from Amber Army(18), who move to 3rd, but Medway United(34).

Onana what's my name(15) are still in 4th, and I am surprisingly still 5th, with 11 points. Woodys Wonders(32) are now just 5 points behind me in 6th.

Highest scorer of the week was Medway United with 34 points. :clap:

The average score for the was 12 points.

Because of the international week, the deadline for the next gameweek is Sat 30th Mar @11:00.

TalkPhotography FFL 23/24 GW29
1711047535843.jpeg

In the Head 2 Head league, leader Klopp Klopp Boom lost their match up with Amber Army 10-40. Their 11 point lead remains though, as Onana what's my name lost a close H2H with Dorchtog 15-16. Woodys Wonders are still 3rd after beating Penfold's Dangermice 32-20, and they are now on equal points with Onana what's my name.

Amber Army are still 4th, now 2 points behind Woodys Wonders and Onana what's my name, after winning their H2H the leader. Medway United move up to 5th, 1 point behind, after beating Biggin Bangers 34-16. Banished to Riyadh and Dorchtog move up into 6th and 7th on equal points.

TP H2H Table GW29
1711049112478.jpeg

TP H2H League Results GW29
1711049126829.jpeg

TP H2H League Fixtures GW30
1711049139157.jpeg

Just a matter of interest does the 2nd wildcard chip that becomes available after game 20, actually show up on your screen as available like the the other chips

Just a matter of interest does the 2nd wildcard chip that becomes available after game 20, actually show up on your screen as available like the the other chips
No, wildcards only appears as an option when making transfers (that's on the web version at least. I don't use the app)

Last edited:
Back