TalkPhotography Fantasy Football League(s) 23/24

You can look on your gameweek history to see what and when you used the options.

There seems to be a new playing option on the Fantasy Football site called Fantasy Challenge. :thinking: I think this could be interesting. :) Because it is a separate thing from the main FF league and the H2H league, and an opt in each week, anyone who is not part of this years TalkPhotography FF leagues can post their scores for that competition if they would like. It will be interesting to see what challenges they come up with. And with being able to make changes right up until the last couple of matches each week could see dramatic changes in fortune for those on the ball. ;)

I've set up a TP Challenge League for anyone who wants to join, not just those that are members of the TP FF and H2H leagues this season. To join, click the link below.

It says, "Start each Gameweek with a blank team sheet, reset budget and a new challenge.

Can’t play this week? No problem! Leaderboards start fresh each week too."

And, "Make transfers at any time. But watch out as players will be locked into your team as soon as their match kicks off.
Managers can select up to 5 players from any one club to build your squad of 15 players.

There will be a different challenge in each Gameweek. Perhaps the budget for your squad will be changed. Maybe players from certain clubs will score double points.

Each manager may only enter one team, and that team is able to compete in up to 25 different leagues. Your team is entirely separate from your team in the main Fantasy Premier League game and your scores don’t affect the main game.

In FPL Challenge, your scores from different Gameweeks are NOT added together to create a total across the season. Instead, scores are reset at zero at the start of each Gameweek, so in every Gameweek you have a chance of winning your league and even being the world No 1!"

How does your team score points?

The points-scoring system is also identical to FPL.
However, each weekly challenge could impact a player’s output in FPL Challenge.

Scores will be reset at the start of each Gameweek, and prizes will be won on a weekly basis.

What are the other differences to Fantasy Premier League?

You will be able to pick up to FIVE players from each Premier League club, instead of the usual three players in FPL.
This allows you to load up on attacking sides against weak defences and target specific matches in a Gameweek.
The deadlines for entering a team are also different, giving managers a number of opportunities to join in throughout the Gameweek.
These later deadlines also mean you can be more informed with your decision-making, as you will be able to see the line-ups of Premier League clubs BEFORE entering your FPL Challenge team.

How do these later deadlines work?

Players only get locked in or locked out of your team when their match starts. You can add or remove them from your team right up until kick-off.
As an example, in Gameweek 30, Newcastle United and West Ham United face each other in Saturday's early match, kicking off at 12:30 GMT.
While the deadline for Fantasy Premier League is at 11:00 GMT, the FIRST deadline for FPL Challenge is 12:30 GMT, for managers who want to include Newcastle and West Ham players in their FPL Challenge squad. This allows you to react to the line-ups for both clubs.
You can join at ANY TIME, just with fewer players to choose from. You can join at any time until the final deadline. In Gameweek 30 this is on Sunday at 14:00 BST as there must be a minimum of two matches remaining when managers enter their team.

Last edited:
Might have a look at that later, just travelling home from a short trip ATM, already have my transfers done for this week in case I wasn't back till tomorrow

Some people have some massive scores already with two games to go! :oops: :$:thinking:

I'm looking for Saka not to play against City, as I have Palmer on the bench with 15 points! ;) He is down as a 75% chance of playing, so no need to risk him Miguel. :LOL:

Doughty and Watkins were down as 75% chance of playing, and played. I expect Saka to play too, as keeping him out of the internationals may have been 'a Fergie', in keeping a player back from international duty to benefit the club. ;) :rolleyes: :LOL:

I agree if Liverpool, ship a lot of goals, but I have Bradley in ahead of Arsenal defenders, who could let in goals against City.

Obviously in the larger scheme of things, a Liverpool clean sheet (and win) and either a high scoring draw between Arsenal and City, or one stuffs the other. So Liverpool lose, and a nil nil draw then! :oops: :$ :LOL:

I agree if Liverpool, ship a lot of goals, but I have Bradley in ahead of Arsenal defenders, who could let in goals against City.

Obviously in the larger scheme of things, a Liverpool clean sheet (and win) and either a high scoring draw between Arsenal and City, or one stuffs the other. So Liverpool lose, and a nil nil draw then! :oops: :$ :LOL:

Hadn't realised till just now that I was Vs you in the H2H, good news for you is I owe 8pts, which puts me just 1pt ahead atm - all you need is for Haaland or Foden to do something and you're good. Been a crap round for me also

Leader Klopp Klopp Boom(72) are still top of the TP league, though we now have Amber Army(73) in 2nd place, 37 points behind, and 6 points ahead of Medway United(51).

Onana what's my name(60) stay in 4th, and Woodys Wonders(58) move up into 5th, with Banished to Riyadh(65) up a place into 6th. With 39 points, I drop from 5th>7th.

Top scorer for the week was Amber Army with 73 points. :clap:

The average point score for the week was 47.

The next gameweek starts on Tuesday, so the deadline for making changes is Tue 2nd Apr @18:00.

TalkPhotography FFL 23/24 GW30
1711993771987.jpeg

In the Head2Head league, Klopp Klopp Boom's lead of 11 points is maintained after they won a close match with Penfold's Dangermice 72-71, and 2nd placed Onana what's my name beat Tarric's Tot's in an equally close 60-59.

Amber Army beat horspath hounds in a not so close 73-39 ;) match up to move up place to 3rd, as Woodys Wonders lost their H2H with 68-58 by Dorchtog, and drop to 4th.

After beating Biggin Bangers 65-57, Banished to Riyadh jump from 7th>5th.

TP H2H Table GW30
1711995618355.jpeg

TP H2H League Results GW30
1711995634772.jpeg

TP H2H League Fixtures GW31

1711995660809.jpeg1711995660883.jpeg

Hadn't realised till just now that I was Vs you in the H2H, good news for you is I owe 8pts, which puts me just 1pt ahead atm - all you need is for Haaland or Foden to do something and you're good. Been a crap round for me also
Well Foden and Haaland came through for me with 7 points between them, and that was with Haaland as captain, :rolleyes: and I finished ahead 39-38! Still dropped a position to 11th though.
:confused:

I mean I've all but given up well by now, but I'll still keep at it, didn't realise that the deadline was tomorrow but looks like I've already made a couple changes under the influence in the early hours :beer:

You know it's bad when your H2H opponent makes 10 transfers, gets hit for -36 points, and still wins! :LOL: Well done, Richard and Medway Utd.

I thought I was brave with -8, but I still ended up with the 2nd lowest score for the round :/

No change in the top 4 of the league this week, and so 1st Klopp Klopp Boom(60), 2nd Amber Army(57), 3rd Medway United(84) and 4th Onana what's my name(60). Medway United fared the best out of that group, and are now just 11 points behind Amber Army.

Banished to Riyadh(77) swap places with Woodys Wonders(64), and go into 5th, 3 points ahead.

The top scorer of the week was Biggin Bangers with 90 points. :clap:

The average point score for the week was 46.

The games are coming thick and fast now, and the deadline for making changes is Sat 6th Apr @11:00.

TalkPhotography FFL 23/24 GW31
1712354087946.jpeg

Last edited:
In the Head2Head league, leader Klopp Klopp Boom won their match up with Tarric's Tot's 60-42. 2nd placed Onana what's my name stay 11 points behind after beating King Kangaroo 60-31.

Banished to Riyadh move up from 5th>3rd after beating Amber Army 77-53, moving them down from 3rd>5th. Dorchtog move up into 4th after beating horspath hounds 48-28, and are now on equal points with Banished to Riyadh. Banished to Riyadh go H2H Dorchtog next week, and so those positions could change. ;)

TP H2H Table GW31
1712355121860.jpeg

TP H2H League Results GW31
1712355146057.jpeg

TP H2H League Fixtures GW32
1712355161272.jpeg

Last edited:
The Challenge thing didn't take off huh? something I might actually be competitive at :ROFLMAO:

I've had some life stuff going on this week, so distracted me from it. I've done a team for this week, where the challenge is Liverpool and Man Utd players get double points. ;)

Anyone who wants to join the TP Challenge League can join via the link below.

Last edited:
I'll do it whenever I remember to, it's auto placed me into the Ireland league and of course the overall so I'll do it just because either way :)

The Challenge thing didn't take off huh? something I might actually be competitive at :ROFLMAO:
Have you looked at the Anti FPL game? The idea is to field a team that gets the least points

I used to do it a few years ago then it disappeared mid-season. Now it seems to be back.

Almost the exact same as the last game week, where the top 4 are the same, so 1st Klopp Klopp Boom(52), 2nd Amber Army(54), 3rd Medway United(53) and 4th Onana what's my name(71). The top 3 scored within a couple of points of each other, but Onana what's my name got big points to get a bit closer to Medway United, and are now 32 points behind.

The opposite of last week, with Woodys Wonders(70) and Banished to Riyadh(55) swapping places, and Woodys Wondersare now 12 points ahead, and 11 points behind Onana what's my name.

Onana what's my name and Penfold's Dangermice were joint top scorers with 71 points. :clap::clap:

The average point score for the week was 56.

The deadline for making changes is Sat 13th Apr @11:00.

TalkPhotography FFL 23/24 GW32
1712626871817.jpeg

In the Head2Head league, leader Klopp Klopp Boom, lost their match up with King Kangaroo 52-58. Their lead has beencut to 8 points, as Onana what's my name beat New Oak Utd 71-62.

3rd placed Banished to Riyadh maintained their 3 point gap behind after winning their H2H with Dorchtog 55-51, who drop from 4th>7th.

Amber Army won a close H2H with Biggin Bangers 54-53 to move up a position to 4th, just 2 points behind.

Medway United beat tarric's tot's 53-51 and move up place to 5th, 1 point behind Amber Army, and on equal points with Woodys Wonders in 6th and Dorchtog in 7th.

TP H2H Table GW32
1712627744848.jpeg

TP H2H League Results GW32
1712627758025.jpeg

TP H2H League Fixtures GW33
1712627770588.jpeg

Last edited:
Who's got any chips left?

I'll be burning my FH in the double gw 34 then WC in 35. That leaves my BB for gw 37. Hopefully I can make up some of the ground I've lost recently. Should have swapped Luiz for Palmer three weeks ago.

I blew all my chips early on, I probably should stop doing that, always left jealous of those with the will power to hold on this long!

Who's got any chips left?

I'll be burning my FH in the double gw 34 then WC in 35. That leaves my BB for gw 37. Hopefully I can make up some of the ground I've lost recently. Should have swapped Luiz for Palmer three weeks ago.
Same chip plan here

7 players scoring 0,0,1,1,1,2,2.... Absolutely awful week and I dropped out of the top 100k :(

Yeah I had 0, 0, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2 ... left a 7 on the bench but somehow I managed to actually win my H2H!!! Might just avoid relegation if I can win a couple more :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Klopp Klopp Boom's(66) lead at the top of the league is reduced slightly to 38 points from Medway United(82), who move up into 2nd, and 6 points ahead of Amber Army(64) in 3rd.

Onana what's my name(76) are still 4th, and Woodys Wonders(74) still 5th.

Highest scorer for the week was Penfold's Dangermice with 104 points. :oops: :$ :clap:That took them from 8th, 16 points behind me, to 16 points ahead of me up to 7th. :( :rolleyes: :LOL:

The average point score for the week was 58.

The deadline for making changes is Sat 20th Apr @13:30.

TalkPhotography FFL 23/24 GW33
1713290882924.jpeg

In the Head2Head league, leader Klopp Klopp Boom won their match up with Amber Army 66-64. Onana what's my name in 2nd, also won their H2H against Dorchtog 76-74, and stay 8 points behind.

Banished to Riyadh stay in 3rd, but are now 5 points behind after drawing 72-72 with me! :) They are now 1 point ahead of Medway United, who came out ahead of Biggin Bangers 82-73. After their loss, Amber Army drop a position to 5th, two points behind.

I take on Klopp Klopp Boom next week! :oops: :$ :LOL:

TP H2H Table GW33
1713292616178.jpeg

TP H2H League Results GW33
1713292629369.jpeg

TP H2H League Fixtures GW34
1713292643296.jpeg

12 players with double games on a Free Hit . What could possibly go wrong?

I'll let you know next week :p

No chips here, got 7 players on a double but possibly no GK, not that it matters I'm playing just to scrape up from the bottom at this stage

12 players with double games on a Free Hit . What could possibly go wrong?

I'll let you know next week :p
I went with 10 + Haaland in a cowardly move to protect myself from non free-hitters chasing me down in another mini league with a prize fund!!!!

Last edited:
I've ended up with all 15 playing two matches, but obviously only 11 will count.

Wildcard next week. I've already done the transfers and will tweak it on Thursday. 5 have dgw, 2 play Sheff Utd and 2 play Forest.

Bench Boost in gw37.

I lost a huge amount of ground in the last 10 weeks so I'm hoping to claw a bit of respectibility back.

I've ended up with all 15 playing two matches, but obviously only 11 will count.

Wildcard next week. I've already done the transfers and will tweak it on Thursday. 5 have dgw, 2 play Sheff Utd and 2 play Forest.

Bench Boost in gw37.

I lost a huge amount of ground in the last 10 weeks so I'm hoping to claw a bit of respectibility back.
Similar here, but I've got 6 doublers in 35, and all 15 double in 37 for the bench boost. I hope to save a transfer in 36, make 1 if needed in 37 to cover injuries etc, and have 2 left to sort the last game week out.

I have 8 out of my 11 starters with a double game week. :) We'll see how that works out. :rolleyes: :LOL:

Haaland is a doubt, and wasn't involved in the FA Cup game, so may make the midweek game. No doubt if Haaland comes in, Foden will be dropped. :rolleyes:

If I had all the players fit, I would have used the Bench Boost. Will have to use it soon. ;)

Last edited:
54 already on the board with 4 having played one game and another 4 half way through their first game. Come on Palace! They are the new Man City :)

only 24 here, no Captain Mo or Darwin on the field! Klopp says Salah will come on though
Hope so. He's my captain. Also got Jota and Trent.

Edit- that's Jota (A) and Trent (G) :banana::banana: who needs Salah?

Last edited:
Back