TalkPhotography Fantasy Football League(s) 23/24

It hasn't made much difference to what I would have had outfield, as he replaced Darwin - but, it cost 4pts, and now I have 3 players in the red on bench :(
I'm winging it. Only got one sub and that is a gk. He who dares Rodney!

Watkins is the man (I hope) :D

For once, my triple captain actually worked out last week. I'm now debating whether to take my free hit this week, depending on the injury situation combined with the cup absentees.

That Newcastle goal cost me dearly.... 2 clean sheets and about 40k places in the overall league! Good week though, I scraped into the top 100k, but have only 1 player left and that's the out of form Bowen, so I expect to drop places, but should still be a green arrow overall.

I have two Gooners defenders. It is nice when they pop up and score, but they seem to have lost the knack of keeping clean sheets. A bit like Leeds of a few seasons ago in that they just try to outscore the opposition without worrying about clean sheets. Bowen is in the departure lounge. He would have gone before now but for the bgw. I might just keep him one more gw to see how Son fits in now that they have other choices in central attack.

Bowen definitely has a game in Wk29, so I'll keep him on the bench until then (unless the cup results this week release more players to have a game).... Unlike Estupinian who has to go!

Bowen definitely has a game in Wk29, so I'll keep him on the bench until then (unless the cup results this week release more players to have a game).... Unlike Estupinian who has to go!
Yes, he is in the departure lounge too. I can't work out why he isn't getting game time.

That Newcastle goal cost me dearly.... 2 clean sheets and about 40k places in the overall league! Good week though, I scraped into the top 100k, but have only 1 player left and that's the out of form Bowen, so I expect to drop places, but should still be a green arrow overall.
Which idiot said Bowen was out of form?!!!!

I've had another good week. Weird to get 2 in a row. :oops: :$;) Though if Areola lets in any more, I could start losing points. :rolleyes:

In the Head2Head league I think my opponent, King Kangaroo, has given up on the Fantasy Football looking at their team. :(

I think Tarric's Tot's would have liked to have have been up against me this week, even though I am having a good week, but they will get a win anyway. ;)

I've had him all season but sold him this week! :headbang:
I knew that he'd come good :rolleyes:

I might let him out of the departure lounge now and let him stay a bit longer. In the meantime could you excuse me a moment while I do this :banana::banana::banana:

I knew that he'd come good :rolleyes:

I might let him out of the departure lounge now and let him stay a bit longer. In the meantime could you excuse me a moment while I do this :banana::banana::banana:
What's your current overall rank Clive? I wonder where you'd be sat in our league

What's your current overall rank Clive? I wonder where you'd be sat in our league
Currently on 1567 points. I got my first green arrow in 5 gws this time around. Estupinian to Tripps this gw I think.

Last edited:
And we have quite a dramatic change at the top of the league, as Klopp Klopp Boom(82) go from from 5 points behind Amber Army(48), to 25 points ahead. :oops: :$

Medway United(82) move back up to 3rd, with Woodys Wonders(41) moving down to 4th, and I stay in 5th position after getting 70 points, just 1 point behind. Onana what's my name(75) are now just 3 points behind me.

Klopp Klopp Boom, Medway United and Banished to Riyadh were all joint top scorers with 82. :clap::clap::clap:

The average point score for the week was 46.

No early game on Saturday, so the deadline for making changes is Sat 2nd Mar @13:30.

TalkPhotography FFL 23/24 GW26
1709069461840.jpeg

Last edited:
In the Head2Head league, Klopp Klopp Boom won their match up with WIRE TOWN 78-58, and extend their lead at the top to 8 points, as 2nd placed Woodys Wonders lost against Banished to Riyadh, 41-78. Onana what's my name are now on equal points as Woodys Wonders, after beating Penfold's Dangermice 75-66.

Amber Army lost their H2H with Dorchtog 48-70, but stay 4th, on equal points with Tarric's Tot's who beat Hardly Athletic 76-47, but ahead on accumulated game points.

TP H2H Table GW26
1709070340650.jpeg
TP H2H League Results GW26
1709070353408.jpeg
TP H2H League Fixtures GW27
1709070366258.jpeg

After taking the lead last week, Klopp Klopp Boom(75) extend their lead ahead of Amber Army(57) to 43 points. Medway United(87) had a good week, and are now just 1 point behind Amber Army.

I had another good week with 86 points, :) and move up to 4th. That took me from 1 point behind Woodys Wonders(66), to 19 points ahead as the drop to 5th. Onana what's my name are 6th, on equal points with Woodys Wonders.

Highest scorer of the week was horspath hounds with 92 points, :clap:

The average point score of the week was 63.

There is a an early game on Saturday, so the deadline for making changes is Sat 9th Mar @11:00.

TalkPhotography FFL 23/24 GW27
1709663812549.jpeg

In the Head2Head league, leader Klopp Klopp Boom won their match up with Hardly Athletic 75-65, and have still have an 8 point lead. Onana what's my name move up into 2nd place though, after beating Woodys Wonders 70-66, and moving them down to 3rd, now 3 points behind.

Tarric's Tot's beat Biggin Banger 85-72 to move up to 4th, 2 points behind Woodys Wonders. Moving up to 5th, 1 point behind, are Medway United who beat me 87-86. :oops: :$:headbang::LOL: Penfold's Dangermice move up to 6th, and equal points, after beating Amber Army 63-57. Amber Army drop from 4th>7th. :oops: :$

It is top v 2nd next week, as Klopp Klopp Boom and Onana what's my name go H2H.

TP H2H Table GW27
1709665924833.jpeg

TP H2H League Results GW27
1709665937583.jpeg

TP H2H League Fixtures GW28
1709665955818.jpeg

I had another good week, with 86 points. :) A lot of players are getting form at the same time.

I had 2 players with 5 points each on the bench, but there was no way I would have had them in ahead to other players, but it is good that a lot of the squad are getting points atm. Long may it continue. :)

I was very unlucky in the H2H league, getting beat by Medway United 87-86. I had 2 Arsenal defenders who each got 6 points, but they had 1 Arsenal defender, White, who scored, and got a clean sheet. We were drawing until he also got a bonus point for White. :rolleyes: :LOL:

I have 2 players on a double game week. I have chosen one of them as Captain, and hope that pays off. ;)

You're on an impressive charge redhed. I can't believe I've got a 40+ point lead after trying to chase down Amber Army for so long! We are now in crunch time though, with numerous double and blank game weeks coming up. How we all navigate them and deploying chips in the best combinations will decide the league, with quite a few folk still in the running I reckon.

I didn't think there would be changes at the top once someone got a decent lead, going by previous years. Someone has tended to get ahead and stayed there. 2-3 teams tended to be close behind, and then a sizeable gap to the next group.

This season seems to have had massive differences between the higher and lower scores some weeks, that I don't remember seeing as much in the past. Maybe it is the Haaland effect. Most people have him, so when he score, so a lot people get a lot of points when he scores, and those that don't have him have to make up the points from other players. When Haaland is injured, or doesn't score, those without him may have generally more depth with their quality, and so may benefit more for Haaland's lack of points for so many players.

Nice to see changes though, and more players closer at the top. Hopefully it all goes to the last gameweek for a number of players to have a chance of winning it. :) We just need a few more upsets in the Head2Head league to bring Klopp Klopp Boom back to the rest. ;) :LOL:

I know I was doing far better when Haaland was out, I held 5th spot for that duration, soon as he returned I started slipping - it's definitely got something to do with it, well, that and I sold players that weren't doing great who started to return to top form once sold on.

Solanke captain, double gameweek against two poor opponents. What could possibly go wrong? :headbang:

Just not his day was it? I imagine a lot of people brought him in and captained him this round, I was tempted to do same. Instead I went for the cheaper Morris who's done naff all but 4pts is 4pts, pays for his transfer at least :D

Generally rubbish so far, 4 players, total 4 points!
But I've only dropped 10k places, so everyone's in the same boat!

Last edited:
But did you TC him?
Thankfully no. But with double Gooners defence conceding and Saka not scoring I'll be lucky to get 20 points this gw :crying:

Thankfully no. But with double Gooners defence conceding and Saka not scoring I'll be lucky to get 20 points this gw :crying:
Next week looks low scoring too. Currently I have 7 players (1 of which likely won't play), plus 2 free transfers and probably a -4 hit. Which will give me 9 or 10 players.

Five for me with 2 free transfers available. I might look at the free hit or even wildcard. Remind me on Thursday ;)

Lots will FH, but I don't see enough benefit with the 4 games available. I'm managing through it and using the FH in 34

I admire the patience of those still having chips!

14pts so far here [inc 4 paid for transfer] - sorry I didn't leave Doug Luiz on now, I had originally but stuck Saka back in even though he was showing as injured - figured at worst he'd not play and it'd be auto sub.

Lots will FH, but I don't see enough benefit with the 4 games available. I'm managing through it and using the FH in 34
34? I've all on to plan for next Saturday. :D

Back