TalkPhotography Fantasy Football League(s) 23/24

Looks like my seasons over already:eek::eek:

Sucks being in the bottom half, I end up there at some point every season [mostly because I'm the most transfer happy player in it lol] , but there's a long ways to go! I was down near bottom one season and ended up 5th, have faith! :)

Thanks for all the updates and commentary @redhed17 I'm glad I'm not the only one who made Son captain this week instead of the ubiquitous Haaland and then watched him fail to register against Luton. I expected Haaland to go on the rampage instead, so at least they were both let-downs this time!

It was a coin-flip for me between Son and Salah, on paper it seemed Salah had the tougher match so went with Son, can't even be mad about it though as Haaland also flopped [my other choice being to just leave him as C] , and scored even less than Son.

Last edited:
Looks like my seasons over already:eek::eek:
It's not over till Man City win the league, so probably around April then. ;) :LOL:

Seriously though, it's 8 games into a 38 game season. It's only over at the final game, or if you give up. :rolleyes:

This season for me has been more "rollercoaster" than previous seasons so far. I don't think it is the Haaland factor, as most other people have him too. Just the luck of the results and the combination of players. I think a lot of teams are having good and bad weeks, with no team consistently playing great, though the top teams are obviously getting the points, even if the players are not getting the FF points. It makes it all quite open and unpredictable. :)

Amber Army(86) increased their lead at the top to 62 points. New 2nd placed Medway United(86) got the same number of points to maintain their distance to the leader, but Klopp Klopp Boom(76) drop from 2nd to 3rd.

Onana what's my name were highest scorer of the week with 96 points, :clap:and move up from 6th>4th, pushing me(76) down a position to 5th. Woody's Wonders(76) got the same number of points as me, and stays 9 points behind me, but also moves down a place to 6th.

The average point score for the week was 67.

There is a Friday night game this week, so the deadline for making changes is Fri 27th Oct @18:30.

TalkPhotography FFL 23/24 GW9
1698187949479.png

Leader of the Head2Head league, Amber Army, suffered their first defeat of the season, o_O despite scoring 86 points, the came up against Onana what's my name who were highest scorers with 96! Onana what's my name move up a place to 3rd, 6 points behind the leader.

2nd placed Woody's Wonders won their H2H against King Kangaroo 76-73, and are now only 3 points behind Amber Army.

Klopp Klopp Boom lost their H2H with Biggin Bangers 76-92, and are now 1 point behind Onana what's my name.

I won my H2H with horspath hounds 76-59 to move up from 7th>5th, 1 point behind Klopp Klopp Boom. :)

TP H2H Table GW9
1698191321084.png
TP H2H League Results GW9
1698191275990.png

TP H2H League Fixtures GW10
1698191289960.png

Last edited:
Has anyone got a spare 0.2m they can lend me, I'm in desperate need for my desired transfer!!!
Not even kidding, after making 2 transfers here last night I'm left with 0.2m precisely in the bank! If it was possible I'd want interest on that though ;P

In my case it was a downgrade on a MF to get a much better striker, as I had 2 crappy fwds

Last edited:
I made 2 transfers at a cost of -4, hopefully the changes won't hurt too much. I sold Maddison and Fergusson to bring in Watkins and Douglas Luiz. That's what left me with 0.2m in the bank, which might come in very handy as prices change. Maddison was a hard one, but I do have Son and Fergusson has just been a waste of space up front.

I gave the arm-band to Salah this round

Last edited:
I didn't have a terrible week, pretty average, BUT ... I would have done a lot better had I just not touched the team. There's been weeks I forgot to make transfers, pity this wasn't one of them. Sold Fergusson and he scored, I did also sell Maddison but his replacement Luiz also got an assist so cancels out. I switched captaincy to Salah, though he scored, my default cap Haaland decides to get his mojo back. Now I don't genuinely believe in jinxing things but it's a common theme with me when I open me god lol ...

Fergusson has just been a waste of space up front.

Lost the H2H because of the transfer cost, which is another common one for me. Unless the bonus points make the difference, not sure if they've all been given yet? Walker and Luiz got some bonus. It's 76-75 atm to my opponent with 4 to come off my score, doubtful I can make it up

Last edited:
Lost the H2H because of the transfer cost, which is another common one for me. Unless the bonus points make the difference, not sure if they've all been given yet? Walker and Luiz got some bonus. It's 76-75 atm to my opponent with 4 to come off my score, doubtful I can make it up
I beat you by 5 in the end.

If you want to check progress before the FPL site updates, check out livefpl.net. It's live updated scoring and league positions from the first kick off of the weekend. Just beware things change quickly with bonus points if youre checking mid game. But it is a good site.

Last edited:
I beat you by 5 in the end.

If you want to check progress before the FPL site updates, check out livefpl.net. It's live updated scoring and league positions from the first kick off of the weekend. Just beware things change quickly with bonus points if youre checking mid game. But it is a good site.

Brain fart on my part, didn't realise it was you! :D so yeah, even without the -4 for transfer you win. Turned out not a bad week for me besides though [moved up one place in the main league table], can't complain too much - must check that site out for next round, cheers

Last edited:
Amber Army's(76) lead at the top is reduced slightly to 58 points from Klopp Klopp Boom (83), who move back into 2nd place. Medway United drop to 3rd, just 3 points behind.

Highest scorer of the week, Woodys Wonders, with 94 points, :clap: and they move from 6th>4th. I stay in 5th with 64 points, and Onana what's my name(52) swap positions with Woodys Wonders, from 4th>6th.

Average points score for the week was 66.

No Friday game this week, so the deadline for making changes is Sat 4th Nov @12:00.

TalkPhotography FFL 23/24 GW10
1698681480605.jpeg

Despite having a good score, leader Amber Army came up against top scorer Woodys Wonders, and lost their 2nd H2H 76-94. They are joined on 24 points by Woodys Wonders, but stay top on accumulated points.

Onana what'smyname stay in 3rd place after beating WIRE TOWN 52-44, and are just 3 points behind the top two.

Klopp Klopp Boom stay in 4th, one point behind, after winning their H2H against New Oak Utd 83-78. Medway United move up a position to 5th, after beating King Kangaroo 77-70, and I drop a place to 6th after being beaten by Tarric's Tot's 70-64. :(

TP H2H Table GW10
1698682292122.jpeg

TP H2H League Results GW10
1698682308063.jpeg

TP H2H League Fixtures GW11
1698682328674.jpeg

Last edited:
Is it time to complain yet? :D

Almost ... almost! went with Salah as captain again over Haaland, but chickened out this time, damn it! I still want Salah to do good things though. Pathetic day for me overall, but I do have some of my other top players to go yet, fingers crossed, no jinxies (y)

The negative Haaland effect happened again this gameweek, has his low scoring week, just 1 point, or 2 points if you had him as captain, :rolleyes:affected a lot of players, and so also the low average score.

Amber Army's(34) lead was reduced slightly to 54 points, not from Klopp Klopp Boom(35), who drop to 3rd, but Medway United(41) who move up a place to 2nd.

Woodys Wonders(24) stay 4th, and I stay 5th with 31 points.

Highest scorer of the week was Banished to Riyadh with 44 points. :clap:

The average point score for the week was 32.

No Friday game again, but an early Saturday game, so the deadline for making changes is Sat 11th Nov @11:00.

TalkPhotography FFL 23/24 GW11
1699466094233.png

In the Head2Head league, the top half is getting closer together. :)

Leader Amber Army were beaten again, this time by Dorchtog, 34-36. 2nd placed Woodys Wonders were not able to take advantage though, as they also lost their H2H against Banished to Riyadh, 24-44, and remain on 24 points with Amber Army.

Klopp Klopp Boom won a close H2H with WIRE TOWN 35-34, and move up to 3rd on 23 points. Onana what's my name lost their H2H with Penfold's Dangermice 27-42, and stay on 21 points, but drop from 3rd>5th. Medway United move up to 4th after winning their H2H with New Oak Utd 41-16 also on 21 points.

I won a close H2H with King Kangaroo 31-30, to stay in 5th on 19 points. :)

TP H2H Table GW11
1699467114870.png

TP H2H League Results GW11
1699467128593.png

TP H2H League Fixtures GW12
1699467143635.png

Amber Army(56) still top the league, though their lead is reduced to 28 points, from now, Klopp Klopp Boom, who move up a position into 2nd after having a very good week with 85 points. Last week's 2nd place, Medway United(66), drop a place to 3rd, and go from 3 points ahead of Klopp Klopp Boom, to 16 points behind.

Woodys Wonders remain in 4th, with the highest score of the week. :clap: They are now 3 points behind Medway United. I stay in 5th with a very average 64 points. ;)

The average points score for the week was 64.

We are in the middle of another international break, :rolleyes: and so the deadline for making changes is Sat 25th Nov @11:00.

TalkPhotography FFL 23/24 GW12
1700084521071.png

Last edited:
We have a new leader of the Head2Head league! o_O Woodys Wonders move in to top spot, after winning their H2H with Onana what's my name, 88-51. They are 1 point ahead of Klopp Klopp Boom, who also won their H2H with Hardly Athletic 85-45.

Long time leader Amber Army's losing streak continues, o_O with a defeat by Penfold's Dangermice 56-73. They are 2 points behind Klopp Klopp Boom, on equal 24 points with Medway United, who beat me 66-64. :(I drop to 7th, as Penfold's Dangermice move up to 6th after their win. Onana what's my name stay in 5th, despite their loss to Woodys Wonders.

I take on leader Woodys Wonders in the next round. :rolleyes:

TP H2H Table GW12
1700086466325.png
TP H2H League Results GW12
1700086478592.png
TP H2H League Fixtures GW13
1700086491947.png

Last edited:
Wasn't a bad round for me, badly needed it! I was second highest score with 87. I could moan a bit and say if Nketah hadn't come on for the last 9 mins I'd have gotten 11 more from Prouse, but I'll take it :D

Already done a transfer before the game week has finished.... Price was due to rise last night so had to. Hopefully no midweek injuries!

Arenal's mucking about with subs cost me the points once again, time to drop Nketah? He's played only 33 mins over the last 2 games, comes on late in two games and cost me points, trouble is his low price for selling and what I want to bring in. White guilty of it this time too, came on for all of ONE minute. 9pts on the bench wasted, 11 last round. So-so week overall, held 7th spot in the league, lost the H2H either way

Transfers also done here, the Arsenal boys safe for now, only because of changes I wanted to make.

Last edited:
Amber Army(37) still lead the league, though their lead is down to 16 points from Klopp Klopp Boom(49). Woodys Wonders(57) move up to 3rd, 1 point ahead of Medway United(53), who drop to 4th. Both move closer to the top 2.

I remain in 5th, with a slightly above average points total of 48, but 46 points behind 4th. Banished to Riyadh(52) are now just 8 points behind me in 6th. Nobody else moved positions.

Highest point scorer of the week was Woodys Wonders with 57. :clap:

The average point score for the week was 46.

International games are over for the year, but the European club competitions resume midweek, so no Friday or early game on Saturday, and so the deadline for making changes is Sat 2nd Dec @13:30.

TalkPhotography FFL 23/24 GW13
1701195403678.png

Last edited:
In the Head2Head league, at the top, Woodys Wonders beat me, 57-48, :( to stay 1 point ahead of Klopp Klopp Boom, who also won their H2H against Onana what's my name 49-42.

Medway United move up into 3rd, 2 points behind Klopp Klopp Boom, after beating Hardly Athletic 53-33. Amber Army lost their H2H with Tarric's Tot's, and drop to 4th, 3 points behind Medway United.

TP H2H Table GW13
1701196696296.png

TP H2H League Results GW13
1701196712798.png

TP H2H League Fixtures GW14
1701196727394.png

yeah, it's time to move Nketiah and White ... should have gone with that move this round grrrr. But ... I did bring Gordon in at least, at the expense of Son, and Trent into the backline [Finally got rid of Gusto] . See how that goes! I also braved it once again with Salah as captain

Last edited:
I wish I'd kept faith with the two Everton boys - I left 16 points on the bench there! :headbang:

Busy week coming up with another round of fixtures starting tomorrow and It's getting to that stage of the season when rotation and injuries/suspensions become an even bigger risk. Transfer deaadline is 6pm Tuesday.

I have that awkward situation where I want to transfer in some more fire power, but most of my players are on the midrange price side - meaning it takes a couple or more transfers to get the big guns in. Unless I was to brave it and sell one of my pricier players to divide the funds - I kinda did that last round, selling Son for Gordon to get Trent Alexander in, but as I sold my cheapest bench defender it didn't leave much over to play with this round. One free transfer it is, and it adds a little to the bank [0.7m] - might come in handy later

Lost the H2H because of my captain switch pretty much, needed Salah to just do a teensy bit more

Last edited:
Leader Amber Army and Medway United, were both joint top scorers with 78 points. :clap: :clap: That was enough to move Medway United from 4th up to 2nd place, 28 points behind the leader.

Klopp Klopp Boom(61) drop a place to 3rd, and Woodys Wonders(64) to 4th. I got 61 points and stay 5th.

61 points was the most popular score by far, with me, Klopp Klopp Boom, Banished to Riyadh, New Oak Utd and Onana what's my name all getting 61! :oops: :$ Weirdly enough, the teams were not that similar. :thinking: Banished to Riyadh, New Oak Utd and Onana what's my name are in 6th. 7th and 8th behind me, so we all stay the same distance apart. ;) :)

The average point score for the week was 54.

There are midweek games this week, starting on Tuesday, so the deadline for making changes is Tue 5th Dec @18:00.

TalkPhotography FFL 23/24 GW14
1701724335308.png

In the Head2Head league, leader Woodys Wonders won their match with Penfold's Dangermice 64-57. Their lead has increased to 3 points, not from Klopp Klopp Boom, who lost their H2H with Amber Army 61-78, and drop to 3rd. With their win, Amber Army stay in 4th.

Medway United won their H2H with Biggin Bangers 78-64, to move up into 2nd, still 3 points behind the leader. Onana what's my name move into 5th after beating Dorchtog 61-59.

I got 61 points, and was up against one of the 4 other teams in the TP H2H league to get 61 points, Banished to Riyadh (5 teams got 61 points in the main league). Thankfully I stay in 9th with the draw. :)

TP H2H Table GW14
1701726705386.jpeg
TP H2H League Results GW14
1701726720710.png
TP H2H League Fixtures GW15
1701726735729.png

Last edited:
A low scoring week for most of us because Haaland had a goaless week. :rolleyes: :LOL: The top five teams stay the same, so Amber Army(31), Medway United(35), Klopp Klopp Boom(31), Woodys Wonders(36) and me(30). So Amber Army's lead is slightly reduce to 24 points, but not much changing with the differences between most of the teams.

The highest scorer of the week was WIRE TOWN with 57 points. :clap:

The average point score for the week was 36.

Because of the midweek games, there is no Friday game, so the deadline for making changes is Sat 9th Dec @11:00.

TalkPhotography FFL 23/24 GW15
1702041491159.png

In the Head2Head league, leader Woodys Wonders won their match up with Dorchtog 36-29. Because 2nd placed Medway United lost their H2H with WIRE TOWN 36-57, Woodys Wonders lead increased to 6 points.

Klopp Klopp Boom were 1 point behind, and because they lost 31-53 against Penfold's Dangermice. they stay 1 point behind M. Amber Army drew their H2H with horspath hounds 31-31, and are now 1 point behind Klopp Klopp Boom. Penfold's Dangermice move up to 5th, now just 1 point behind Amber Army.

I lost my H2H with New Oak Utd 30-50, and drop to 11th. :(

This week it is top v 3rd, as Woodys Wonders go H2H with Klopp Klopp Boom.

TP H2H Table GW15
1702043682721.png

TP H2H League Results GW15
1702043699580.png

TP H2H League Fixtures GW16
1702043714272.png

Amber Army's lead at the top is down to 12 points after getting 48 points this week, and top scorer of the week, Woodys Wonders. :clap: getting 72 points. That moved Woodys Wonders up from 4th>2nd.

Medway United(57) drop to 3rd, and Klopp Klopp Boom(42) drop to 4th. New Oak Utd(61) move up to 5th, pushing me down a position to 6th after getting 50 points. 15 points cover the top 3.

The average point score for the week was 40 points.

There is a Friday game this week, so the deadline for making changes is Fri 15th Dec @18:30.

TalkPhotography FFL 23/24 GW16
1702316310018.png

In the Head2Head league, the top two, Woodys Wonders and Medway United, both won their H2H's, to extend their lead at the top, but still stay six points apart. Leader Woodys Wonders beat 3rd placed Klopp Klopp Boom 72-42, to increase their points difference between them to ten points. Medway United won their H2H with Onana what's my name 57-34 go four points ahead of Klopp Klopp Boom.

Amber Army lost their H2H with King Kangaroo 48-58, staying in 4th, one point behind Klopp Klopp Boom. Penfold's Dangermice also lost their H2H with horspath hounds, staying in 5th, also still one point behind.

TP H2H Table GW16
1702318785230.png

TP H2H League Results GW16
1702318798005.png

TP H2H League Fixtures GW17
1702318810858.png

I made the decision to move Son on and bring Salah in. Son hadn't done much recently. Doing that cost me 4 points to make the transfer work, but with Haaland not playing, and Salah as my Vice Captain, it worked out. I know I may have got more points with Son this week, but I probably would have had Saka as the Vice Captain anyway.

I think with Salah waiting to score his 200th Liverpool goal for a few games, he was due. ;) Hopefully he will get a few goals before he is off to African Cup of Nations in January.

I'm not sure they know the extent of the Haaland foot injury yet, but hopefully it will become a bit clearer towards the end of the week. Fingers crossed for the lad it is not too serious. If he is looking to be out for awhile, their could be a lot of transfer business at the weekend. :LOL:

Back