The 52 Weeks of Daysleeping Pt 2 - WEEK 52!!! (Texture)

Excellent take on the theme. The first one is very good, I prefer the third one in the second set. I don't think the lean detracts... it sort of implies more about what "has" gone on... I also think the strap around the bottle works better than draped over it.

:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Well - what can I say? I thought of that interpretation for the theme, but would never in a million years have come up with such a brilliant illustration of it. I must have a dirty mind, too - but no style! It strikes exactly the right note, and I prefer the first one - lying down. (y)(y)(y)

Note to self: buy red bra and throw out boring white/beige ones. :D

Jean

I'm sensing some subtext here Jean.. what ya trying to say hmmm? I havn't forgotton about all those (empty) wine bottles sat on your wall :D

I'm glad someone likes my first effort - thankyou :)

I like both your original and the first of the second set, very good idea and the red really works well against the background black.

Excellent take on the theme.

Thankyou - I had lots of fun with this theme, it's so much easier when you actually have an idea and the props to set it up!

Excellent take on the theme. The first one is very good, I prefer the third one in the second set. I don't think the lean detracts... it sort of implies more about what "has" gone on... I also think the strap around the bottle works better than draped over it.

Thankyou - actually I think I agree about the strap, still not convinced re the lean though.

Last edited:
Excellent fun shot and I like the DOF...:clap:

It work very well for the theme and makes for a great fun shot...(y)

Easy...blimely is it me or is it getting hot in here...:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Only a women could pull off a shot like that...my under pant just wouldn't have the same appeal...:LOL:

The Red & Black really do bring this shot alive and is brilliant...and without being pervy...your best so far...:love:

I love this idea :D (so i guess im in the dirty mind group)

Personally i would have put some used shot glasses in there and shot the whole hting on a table top to give more of an impression of a hasety removal of clothes. nothing wrong with what you have done but i think the above could give it a more natural feel.

I to am a member of the dirty mind club :LOL:

I did think of an interpretation but it was no way as good as yours :clap::clap::clap:

I prefer the first one of the second lot but only because the red is a bit more vibrant. They are a great set, and no, Marcus your underpants wouldn´t have had the same effect :LOL::LOL:

Ooo er missus!!!

Excellent shots, great background, stunning colours, and fits the theme beautifully!! :clap::clap:

So sorry for being behind on all of this - all comments greatly appreciated... and I'm glad I'm not the only one with a dirty mind!!

Week 30 - Colour

It's fair to say that I get a bit frantic when I'm behind with my photo's. I'm not sure this really fits the theme but I must catch up so here it is...

P1090731-1.jpg

Week 31 will follow shortly and I'll be posting feedback for everyone else asap ;)

Last edited:
Easy..... I don't understand.... please explain.:naughty:

Colour, well ladybirds are certainly colourful and the shot is pretty good too.(y)

We've had an invasion of ladybirds (or Bishybarnybees as proper Norfolk folk call them). The coast was covered, thousands and thousands of them. Pavements covered, people covered, an amazing sight, and I took no pictures.:bonk:

Well for a "frantic" shot I'd say that's pretty damn good (y)

I love Ladybirds - unfortunately we haven't had many of them around here this year. Sounds like Mark received our share of them :)
"Bishybarnybees" :LOL: I really like that!

That's a lovely clear shot - great detail on the ladybird and the leaf. For me it fits the theme well too.

If a ladybird doesn't suggest 'colour', I don't know what does. :) That's a lovely shot and bang on theme. (y)

I hope life is a bit less hectic now - it's a horrible feeling when you have more tasks on hand than hours in the day. What happened to that JD - it sounds as though a quick nip or two is called for. :naughty:

Jean

I think it's a great shot! Colours are really nice in it, and the photo itself is fantastic.

Ooh I'm so late :(

DS that ladybird is phenomenal - a fantastic macro - great detail and, of course, great colour

Terrific!

Easy..... I don't understand.... please explain.:naughty:

Colour, well ladybirds are certainly colourful and the shot is pretty good too.(y)

We've had an invasion of ladybirds (or Bishybarnybees as proper Norfolk folk call them). The coast was covered, thousands and thousands of them. Pavements covered, people covered, an amazing sight, and I took no pictures.

:D

Love the name Bishybarnybees and will be using it with immediate effect!

Can't believe you didn't take a shot of your invasion - sounds like it would have made for an interesting subject.

Well for a "frantic" shot I'd say that's pretty damn good

I love Ladybirds - unfortunately we haven't had many of them around here this year. Sounds like Mark received our share of them
"Bishybarnybees" :LOL: I really like that!

That's a lovely clear shot - great detail on the ladybird and the leaf. For me it fits the theme well too.

Thanks Sarah - I get a bit desperate for ideas and then feel like I'm crow-barring an image to fit the theme... I'm glad that you think it fits though.

If a ladybird doesn't suggest 'colour', I don't know what does. That's a lovely shot and bang on theme.

I hope life is a bit less hectic now - it's a horrible feeling when you have more tasks on hand than hours in the day. What happened to that JD - it sounds as though a quick nip or two is called for.

Jean

Thanks Jean - sadly life (well work really) is still very hectic and although I know I should be trying to catch up and post for last weeks theme I just havn't had the energy or inspiration yet. Plan is to get some shots on friday night and then reward myself with a nice BIG glass of wine as someone appears to have finished the JD... I can't think who it can have been :cautious:

Last edited:
Stunning colour and great composition QUOTE]

Thankyou ;)

Love the colours in this so it certainly meets the theme (y) It's a shot you should be proud of Fi

Thankyou - I have a few things that I'm not happy with on this one but overall I was quite pleased with the end result.

I think it's a great shot! Colours are really nice in it, and the photo itself is fantastic.

Thankyou ;)

Ooh I'm so late :(

DS that ladybird is phenomenal - a fantastic macro - great detail and, of course, great colour

Terrific!

My ego might get out of hand if you start using words like phenomenal! :D

Thankyou - I really like macro and I can see it turning into a bit of an obsession. I'm already thinking of the kit I will need to take it a bit further - although I am dead impressed by the Raynox lenses as a cheap and cheerful set up with my FZ8.

(oh and if anyones late it's me - I've been two weeks behind on my shots and commenting on everyone elses too often now :bang:)

I know, I know, I'm still horribly behind but I am determined to keep going with this... so in the spirit of perseverence here is week 31 - Food:

A fly enjoying his lunch...

Week31-Food.jpg

Today was not a good day for macro - the wind made it all a bit tricky but I did my best and was quite pleased with this one :)

Last edited:
The Colour shot is really very good but this Food shot is a belter, if you are using your FZ8 to get all these shots then Panasonic should be paying you :D

Seriously, very impressive and proof that its not the camera that takes great pics, its the photographer.

Wow, the detail in that shot is stunning!:notworthy:

The Colour shot is really very good but this Food shot is a belter, if you are using your FZ8 to get all these shots then Panasonic should be paying you :D

Seriously, very impressive and proof that its not the camera that takes great pics, its the photographer.

Well said Hyster...I agree that fly shot is stunning, I'd be soooo happy to be able to get shots like that...:clap::clap::clap:

Brilliant...Brilliant...Brilliant...(y)

Wow... that's just crazily good! DOF is absolutely amazing. Wow :clap:

Thankyou :)

Thanks Hyster - I am yearning for a DSLR (it's my birthday on wed so finger and toes are crossed!) but I love my FZ8 - particularly for macro stuff. It's a great little camera and I'm really glad I got it. It's been a great learning tool.

:clap::clap::clap: Very Very impressive!

I can't believe the level of detail that you've got in there - you'd never know that it was taken in tricky conditions.

Thanks sarah - any kind of breeze does make it tricky and I think I got a bit lucky with this one if I'm being honest!

Wow, the detail in that shot is stunning!:notworthy:

Thanks Mark ;)

Well said Hyster...I agree that fly shot is stunning, I'd be soooo happy to be able to get shots like that...:clap::clap::clap:

Brilliant...Brilliant...Brilliant...(y)

I'm sure you can get shots like this - the raynox takes a bit of practice and I'm by no means the expert but once you get going it's pretty addictive!

:clap::clap::clap:

What a fantastic shot, great detail and DoF. I'm so jealous (y)

Thanks Bruja - I'm really pleased you guys like it!

Right well it's become pretty obvious that I'm losing my battle to keep up with this. Life is busy and to be honest work is sapping all of my inspiration out of me. I have just spent 2 hours trying to come up with something for "exposed" and have failed miserably. I'm on the verge of having a bit of a paddy so I have put the camera down for tonight. The only thing I can get enthusiastic about is bug shots at the moment which I obviously can't keep crow-barring in to fit the theme.

BUT

I havn't given up. I will get back up to date. Promise.

We are off on holiday on 07.09.09 and I'm hoping that getting away from it all will unleash a new sense of purpose for me. Christ knows I need to snap out of this rut!!

Apologies for not being up to date with all of your threads - it has now become a bit of a mammoth task :(

I know I keep saying it but I WILL get on top of this and cease whinging shortly.

Big :hug: from me DS. It sounds as though work is a bit of a 'mare at the moment - you definitely need that holiday. Are you taking your birthday present with you?

We all seem to have lows on this challenge and we all have 'filler' shots or post late - no shame in either, imo. :)

I always look forward to your posts and looking back over your shots, I see consistently excellent piccies, spot on for the theme, creative, fun and just plain clever. You've been giving thoughtful and honest critique to other 52ers and I for one think this is a good time to say a big 'thank you' to you - enjoy your hols, your new camera and hopefully some duty-free JD. :)

I'm really looking forward to the next instalment of 52 Weeks of Daysleeping.

Jean

PS - I'm sure bugs could fit into most themes - they're so intricate and fascinating. (y)

Sorry to hear that news, but we all go throught it at some point I was sooo close to giving it up. But I'm glad I didn't, guess I would miss everybody on here...:shake:

and I for one think that the bug shots are of such good quality I'm happy to see more anytime, if that's all you get one week sent it in...I for one love them...:love:

Ditto to both of the above and another :hug: from me.

Jean's really summed up what I want to say here :

I always look forward to your posts and looking back over your shots, I see consistently excellent piccies, spot on for the theme, creative, fun and just plain clever. You've been giving thoughtful and honest critique to other 52ers and I for one think this is a good time to say a big 'thank you' to you - enjoy your hols, your new camera and hopefully some duty-free JD. :)

So have a great holiday, have fun and I'll be looking forward to seeing your renewed inspiration once you've recharged your battery.
Some of your shots are absolutely spectacular and I still think that your owl is one of the best images I've seen on here.

Big :hug: from me DS. It sounds as though work is a bit of a 'mare at the moment - you definitely need that holiday. Are you taking your birthday present with you?

We all seem to have lows on this challenge and we all have 'filler' shots or post late - no shame in either, imo. :)

I'm really looking forward to the next instalment of 52 Weeks of Daysleeping.

I can only agree with Jean. You've been straightforward and honest with me and I appreciate it. Have a great holiday, shoot what themes you can and come back to others later, after all the :rules: don't say you have to shoot them in order. It's your challenge. And why can't a bug fit exposed, after all, they're normally hiding ;)

Well DS I can only agree with everyone else :) No rush, keep em coming in your own time and don't stress about keeping up :) This is supposed to be fun so keep it that way :D

Your food shot is stunning!!! I have recently acquired a Raynox but am a long way from producing anything as good as that shot! Brilliant!

And a belated Happy Birthday for Wednesday :)

My apologies for missing out on commenting your last 3 themes. I have to say that I am in the same boat as you with working to stand still in these nasty times. So what if your late posting, it doesn't matter, just keep plugging away!! The last 3 shots have all been commented on, so I'll just add that they are all terrific and I too, have a dirty mind! :LOL: ;)

Thankyou all for the kind comments - and for being so patient with me! (y)

Drum role please....

I have finally taken a shot for week 32 - Exposed.

You all know I have a dirty mind so thinking of something "suitable" for this theme was always going to be a struggle :D In a flash of inspiration though I realised that flowers are terrible exhibitionists - waving their rude bits around for anyone to see... fornicating in public no less...

Look away now if you are of a nervous or prudish disposition - this lily is wantonly exposing itself!

Week32-Exposed.jpg

Things I learnt:

1. Sometimes you just can't force yourself to have an idea.
2. I still have to work on whites - I always end up with blown out areas.
3. Getting a new toy (yep DS has got a DSLR - Nikon D60) is great fun and frustrating in equal measure. Expect a significant downturn in quality while I get to grips with this.
4. I really do have a dirty mind! :p

Great to see you back with a smile on your face, DS. I loved your words on this and I know what you mean about equal measures of pleasure and frustration (err.. you did mean your new camera, didn't you :LOL:)

The lily is vibrant, gaudy and well-captured. I hope she attracted a grateful, adorning bee. :naughty::naughty:

Enjoy your D60.

Jean

Thankyou Sarah & Jean - it is a massive relief to get going with this again so without further ado...

Week 33 - Mono

Week33-Mono.jpg

Things I learnt:

1. I already have a big speck of dust on my sensor and am a bit scared of trying to get rid of it :(
2. There are only so many poses of yourself on a unicycle that are possible :D

EDIT

3. A speck of dust can be easily removed with a rocket blower :)

Last edited:
and I think this brings me up to date...

Week 34 - Season

I went for a three hour walk today to practice with the D60 and try to clear my head. The head clearing went quite well - the practicing not so much. I'm struggling with my new toy but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it soon.

Anyway, didn't have much inspiration for this weeks theme but then on my walk I came across some seasonal fruit looking a bit worse for wear and thought - that'll do!

Week34-Season.jpg

Sorry it's just a "that'll do shot" but at least I'm only one day late - that's pretty good going by my track record!

I really am going to try to get up to date with commenting on everyone elses shots now - please don't be offended if I miss any of yours out, it won't be intentional!

Ohh, some nice shots.

Love the Exposed shot, fab colours an excellent shot.

Mono is an ace idea, Great fun shot, I like to see a little more of the wheel but cant be easy to monocycle and take a shot at the same time. Very good pic.

Not as big fan of the Season shot, it a fine shot, just not the most photogenic of subjects.

Really chuffed for you getting the DSLR by the way. (y)

Back