The dreaded DIET thread!

That'll be it then, not having those hefty desserts. Though, I've not been big on dessert for many years. When we are out for a meal I am much more inclined to have another glass of wine for 'dessert' where my missus has her usual choc fudge or Baileys cheesecake. What I did do though, was eat half of her meal on top of mine when she was 'saving room for dessert' :D

I may have consumed a little bit of wine myself over the past two weeks:exit:

I may have consumed a little bit of wine myself over the past two weeks:exit:

I've been drinking wine and vodka at weekends in place of the mounds of Bulmers I used to drink. And I'm losing weight, not rapidly, but steadily enough. Ill share a bottle with herself watching a movie or whatever, then I'll have a few voddies with either 7up free or soda water and lime. I find I'm not drinking near as much, after a few I'll feel more tired than tipsy, whereas I could drink cans of Bulmers like water, I've been known to down 18 cans over an evening and night! more if we have visitors/go to a party etc I would have had a few shorts on top. When you consider there's about 8 teaspoons of sugar in each can :eek:

Last edited:
I've been drinking wine and vodka at weekends in place of the mounds of Bulmers I used to drink. And I'm losing weight, not rapidly, but steadily enough. Ill share a bottle with herself watching a movie or whatever, then I'll have a few voddies with either 7up free or soda water and lime. I find I'm not drinking near as much, after a few I'll feel more tired than tipsy, whereas I could drink cans of Bulmers like water, I've been known to down 18 cans over an evening and night! more if we have visitors/go to a party etc I would have had a few shorts on top. When you consider there's about 8 teaspoons of sugar in each can :eek:

We stayed in an aptly named place in Champagne called Bouzy (you couldn't make it up), a small Grand Cru village, and the owner was a champagne grower. We had a free tasting of five champagnes the first night, and although I am not generally a lover of champagne (I much prefer red wine to white) these were fantastic wines. I find beer really puts on weight but not wine for some reason.
I have also narrowed down a dish which seems to help me lose weight - homemade Singapore noodles, with either chicken, pork or prawns as the meat (always marinated in a chilli, ginger, garlic and soy mix, then grilled), with finely sliced red onions, red and green peppers and bean sprouts. I buy the fresh noodles from any supermarket and just add a little turmeric and five spice. It is so tasty and beats a takeaway every time, as well as being much cheaper.

We stayed in an aptly named place in Champagne called Bouzy (you couldn't make it up), a small Grand Cru village, and the owner was a champagne grower. We had a free tasting of five champagnes the first night, and although I am not generally a lover of champagne (I much prefer red wine to white) these were fantastic wines. I find beer really puts on weight but not wine for some reason.
I have also narrowed down a dish which seems to help me lose weight - homemade Singapore noodles, with either chicken, pork or prawns as the meat (always marinated in a chilli, ginger, garlic and soy mix, then grilled), with finely sliced red onions, red and green peppers and bean sprouts. I buy the fresh noodles from any supermarket and just add a little turmeric and five spice. It is so tasty and beats a takeaway every time, as well as being much cheaper.

Beer goes straight to the belly, they say wine hits you more on the hips, so it's more noticeable for women wine drinkers.

That sounds delicious! My kind of food. Trouble is, I can't have noodles on Keto, unless they were seriously low carb ones. But that marinate! I'm going to try that with some pork or chicken, just light on the soy, I have all the goods and spices :) I'll make up one of my salads to go with. I chop up some crisp lettuce, cucumber, pickled gherkins, green olives, mixed greens inc baby leaf spinach, apple cider vinegar poured over a huge dollop of Helmans and stir it all up ... mmmmm, goes well with any meat.

Last edited:
I started the keto diet on the 9th of April at a whopping 180kg. I'm 6.6 and built like a block. But yes, I was fat, in the morbidly obese sense.

I say was because it is now just over 5 months later and I now weigh 129kg. I have gone from a 6xl shirt to a 2xl.

Best tip I can give anyone, eat as little fat as possible! Try to get as close to your allowed carb limit (20g) and eat enough protein to fill you up, even if you go ever your macro.

I'm at a stale mate here too. I hit 18st for the first time in years, but I'm swinging up and down between that and about 18.4 - I'm not putting anything back on which is good, but I seem to have hit a bit of a wall. I need to up the exercise, unfortunately my b*****d sciatica is roaring atm, my whole left side is on fire a lot of the time and it's stiffening me up pretty badly. I'm still cycling daily, but I really need to get back into weights and some tougher exercises like push ups and some jogging

I noticed something similar - I was 23 stone in May and now seem to have levelled off at 19. I was becoming a bit disheartened as I've been careful about what I was eating, walking for an hour a day, doing 30minutes on an exercise bike and doing a lot of resistance exercises but didn't seem to be making any progress. Then, I bought one of those high tech scales that pass a small electric current through the body and can do more than just weigh you. What I noticed was that although my weight was fairly constant, body fat was coming down and muscle mass was increasing which was encouraging.
So don't be too upset if you reach a plateau, things are still going and changing for the better on the inside :)

I noticed something similar - I was 23 stone in May and now seem to have levelled off at 19. I was becoming a bit disheartened as I've been careful about what I was eating, walking for an hour a day, doing 30minutes on an exercise bike and doing a lot of resistance exercises but didn't seem to be making any progress. Then, I bought one of those high tech scales that pass a small electric current through the body and can do more than just weigh you. What I noticed was that although my weight was fairly constant, body fat was coming down and muscle mass was increasing which was encouraging.
So don't be too upset if you reach a plateau, things are still going and changing for the better on the inside :)

Since I began intermittent fasting I've seen another drop, then back to plateauing, main thing is I have not put anything back on so far. I feel a lot more tired quicker and swing between bouts of mad energy then switching to complete fatigue without warning. I know it's all adjustment, my body is probably a bit peeved for what I'm putting it through. That sounds like the scales I originally tested in my sister's house, it wanted age/sex/other info input, confused me a bit :D

Since I began intermittent fasting I've seen another drop, then back to plateauing, main thing is I have not put anything back on so far. I feel a lot more tired quicker and swing between bouts of mad energy then switching to complete fatigue without warning. I know it's all adjustment, my body is probably a bit peeved for what I'm putting it through. That sounds like the scales I originally tested in my sister's house, it wanted age/sex/other info input, confused me a bit :D

I quite like the scales as they connect to an app on my phone so I can get a graphic display of what's happening - when I can get the thing to connect, the bluetooth can be a bit flaky and often needs several attempts. When it works it's nice to see graphs showing my progress.

I've been trying intermittent fasting, usually two days on, one day off and I relax a bit at weekends and just do what I feel like. Although at first I'd binge but now I've gotten into the habit of eating less and tend to behave myself. Strange thing was that I noticed the biggest weight losses would always happen the morning after the day when I was eating normally.

I quite like the scales as they connect to an app on my phone so I can get a graphic display of what's happening - when I can get the thing to connect, the bluetooth can be a bit flaky and often needs several attempts. When it works it's nice to see graphs showing my progress.

I've been trying intermittent fasting, usually two days on, one day off and I relax a bit at weekends and just do what I feel like. Although at first I'd binge but now I've gotten into the habit of eating less and tend to behave myself. Strange thing was that I noticed the biggest weight losses would always happen the morning after the day when I was eating normally.

That does sound cool - if it worked properly

I can't do full days, I'm doing what they refer to as 16/8, basically I have an 8hr window where I can eat, and fast for 16. Atm I'm using 2pm to 10pm, I had a very bad habit of late night stuffing my face! I can shift that time about, I could stretch it to 12am, but then I can't eat until 4pm next day. I find this way easy enough, as I don't tend to eat in the mornings anyway, I'm allowed to have coffee during the fast period and as much water as I need - during the 8hr eat window I really only eat twice and don't over do it. Keep the snacking right down and I'm grand. Weekends ... fast or no fast I'm having me few bevvies :)

That does sound cool - if it worked properly

I can't do full days, I'm doing what they refer to as 16/8, basically I have an 8hr window where I can eat, and fast for 16. Atm I'm using 2pm to 10pm, I had a very bad habit of late night stuffing my face! I can shift that time about, I could stretch it to 12am, but then I can't eat until 4pm next day. I find this way easy enough, as I don't tend to eat in the mornings anyway, I'm allowed to have coffee during the fast period and as much water as I need - during the 8hr eat window I really only eat twice and don't over do it. Keep the snacking right down and I'm grand. Weekends ... fast or no fast I'm having me few bevvies :)

It took me a while to be able to do it, in fact, I used the 16/8 method as a starting point. If find if I'm getting hungry I'll do something to distract myself such as go for a short walk or do a five minute session on the exercise bike.

It took me a while to be able to do it, in fact, I used the 16/8 method as a starting point. If find if I'm getting hungry I'll do something to distract myself such as go for a short walk or do a five minute session on the exercise bike.

I might give it a go at some point, if I feel this isn't working good enough. I watched a video recently on IF and the guy said when you get hungry, it's as much to do with your body signalling you at regular eating times as being actually hungry. He also said it doesn't get worse, you don't actually get hungrier, it remains the same level and passes within 20 minutes or so. I have found this to be true, some mornings I've woke up thinking I'm starving, but waited it out a bit, had a coffee and suddenly felt full.

I started the keto diet on the 9th of April at a whopping 180kg. I'm 6.6 and built like a block. But yes, I was fat, in the morbidly obese sense.

I say was because it is now just over 5 months later and I now weigh 129kg. I have gone from a 6xl shirt to a 2xl.

Best tip I can give anyone, eat as little fat as possible! Try to get as close to your allowed carb limit (20g) and eat enough protein to fill you up, even if you go ever your macro.

What are you aiming to get down to? Good going so far.

3.5lb off this week, so 12 in 3 weeks, bit less than I wanted but this week should see that first stone knocked off!

Not sure how I missed this post, but yeah great stuff! Good advice too. In the beginning I was stuffing my face with as much [good] fats as possible, I thought I needed to do this to train my body to accept that these fats were going to be it's new 'fuel' source. I guess it did work, but probably took a little longer than it should to get going. Protein is the easiest thing in the world for me, I love my lean meats and eggs. Trouble is, my more preferred foods have always been high carb. The withdrawal from that and sugar has been tougher than giving up smoking. I had vaping as a crutch for that, but nothing really subs for carbs. Not taste-wise at least. There's times I'm thinking 'wtf does my body want here? I'm doing it a favour!' - still at that stalemate of 18st/114kg - I did see 17+ on the scales a few times, but then overnight it goes back to 18, really annoying as some days are just plain hard to get through when I'm craving sugar so much

3.5lb off this week, so 12 in 3 weeks, bit less than I wanted but this week should see that first stone knocked off!

Nice one! only 2lbs to go. I know it's obvious but I forget sometimes, make sure to weigh yourself in the same gear each time, in yer boxers or the nip is best of course :D but if you wear runners or a heavy top, that can be a few lbs

Not sure how I missed this post, but yeah great stuff! Good advice too. In the beginning I was stuffing my face with as much [good] fats as possible, I thought I needed to do this to train my body to accept that these fats were going to be it's new 'fuel' source. I guess it did work, but probably took a little longer than it should to get going. Protein is the easiest thing in the world for me, I love my lean meats and eggs. Trouble is, my more preferred foods have always been high carb. The withdrawal from that and sugar has been tougher than giving up smoking. I had vaping as a crutch for that, but nothing really subs for carbs. Not taste-wise at least. There's times I'm thinking 'wtf does my body want here? I'm doing it a favour!' - still at that stalemate of 18st/114kg - I did see 17+ on the scales a few times, but then overnight it goes back to 18, really annoying as some days are just plain hard to get through when I'm craving sugar so much

What is your goal weight? Would you go back to a 'normal diet' then? Is it even worth looking at other diets? My mate did SW and went from 18st down to 12 or 13. Am finding SW to be pretty good, because (some) Yogurts are 'free' and 10 cal jelly is 0.5 syns I can still get a sweet craving sorted each day. Not had chocolate for a week now and finding that no problem.

Hoping to come off this early December so I can have a normal Christmas and then see if I need to go back on in Jan, but from Feb onwards I hope I can go back to a normal diet knowing that as long as I control portions and don't indulge in multiple packs of crisps in a day I will be ok.

What is your goal weight? Would you go back to a 'normal diet' then? Is it even worth looking at other diets? My mate did SW and went from 18st down to 12 or 13. Am finding SW to be pretty good, because (some) Yogurts are 'free' and 10 cal jelly is 0.5 syns I can still get a sweet craving sorted each day. Not had chocolate for a week now and finding that no problem.

Hoping to come off this early December so I can have a normal Christmas and then see if I need to go back on in Jan, but from Feb onwards I hope I can go back to a normal diet knowing that as long as I control portions and don't indulge in multiple packs of crisps in a day I will be ok.

I reckon 16.5st would be fine for my height and build. I've never been what you would immediately call fat, as my mother used to say I'm "big boned" :D I have big shoulders, I'm tall-ish at 6'1.5" and apart from the aqcuired belly from years on the beer, I'm actually quite lean/muscular. I think there's a couple stone alone in the mid section though :D And like you, I'm not torturing myself over Christmas, It's my favourite time of year for food and drink. I do all of the cooking, so at least I can keep on eye on what's going into the meals but I am making stuffing for that Turkey, I am glazing that ham with honey and mustard, I will be having cranberry sauce and creamed spuds and shall be enjoying a bottle or 3 of fine wine during too :) AT least I hope to be a lot closer to that target weight than I would have been without this diet. I will also possibly only eat 1/2 or less than what I would have as the ol' carb guzzler, I'll try not to polish off everyone else's left overs ... as I always have done :D

Last edited:
I reckon 16.5st would be fine for my height and build. I've never been what you would immediately call fat, as my mother used to say I'm "big boned" :D I have big shoulders, I'm tall-ish at 6'1.5" and apart from the aqcuired belly from years on the beer, I'm actually quite lean/muscular. I think there's a couple stone alone in the mid section though :D And like you, I'm not torturing myself over Christmas, It's my favourite time of year for food and drink. I do all of the cooking, so at least I can keep on eye on what's going into the meals but I am making stuffing for that Turkey, I am glazing that ham with honey and mustard, I will be having cranberry sauce and creamed spuds and shall be enjoying a bottle or 3 of fine wine during too :) AT least I hope to be a lot closer to that target weight than I would have been without this diet. I will also possibly only eat 1/2 or less than what I would have as the ol' carb guzzler, I'll try not to polish off everyone else's left overs ... as I always have done :D

Same here, the thought of doing roast spud with the spray and not goose fat, or missing out on bread sauce and a nice Bacchus white makes me cry!

Same here, the thought of doing roast spud with the spray and not goose fat, or missing out on bread sauce and a nice Bacchus white makes me cry!

Most definitely having some Goose fat roasties too! Ironically on the Keto diet, the fat is encouraged, it's the spuds are not

What are you aiming to get down to? Good going so far.
Ideally I just want to get to 115kg. But I will likely keep to this way of eating and just introduce fruit back into my diet.

I had a 3 day cheat binge around my birthday and I felt terrible after all the cake and sugary stuff. Also, I gained 7kg back in those 3 days. [emoji30]

Ideally I just want to get to 115kg. But I will likely keep to this way of eating and just introduce fruit back into my diet.

I had a 3 day cheat binge around my birthday and I felt terrible after all the cake and sugary stuff. Also, I gained 7kg back in those 3 days. [emoji30]

Bloody hell, I would have thought that such a rate of weight gain is impossible. It takes roughly 3000 surplus calories to gain one pound. You have had about 50,000 cals too many. Were you eating when you should have been sleeping.
Guiness book of records material :D

I've been drinking wine and vodka at weekends in place of the mounds of Bulmers I used to drink. ...
I can just look at a bottle of cider and put on fat :(

I strictly limit that to one bottle on a day of proper physical work,
even so ... losing fat is almost impossible while still drinking booze for me. Alcohol is like a super-sugar!

I'll get back to my whisky now.

even so ... losing fat is almost impossible while still drinking booze for me. Alcohol is like a super-sugar!

Yes, because your body cannot store calories for later consumption from alcohol like it does with food calories. So when you drink, your metabolic system immediately stops burning calories from food you have eaten (or stops burning fat) to get energy from processing the booze.
I don't think that boozing sits comfortably with trying to lose weight. Apart from the above it tends to intensify appetite and lower your willpower to eat within diet limits.

If weight loss was easy there would be damned few fat folk.

Last edited:

I plan to do similar around Christmas, but I will hopefully be a lot closer to my target by then, and feel confident enough to knock off any gained fat through new year.

I'm telling ya! I was in my local store earlier and I swear I stopped to stare at the boxes of lovely ice cold Bulmers for a little too long. I snapped out of it and grabbed a half bottle of Absolute vodka, which I am enjoying right now with some Coke zero. I weighed myself earlier and I was 17.8, the lightest I've been in years! so I'm doing something right. I celebrated with some cookie dough ice cream the kids were having :D

Try kicking the booze for a month and see how much difference it makes to your weight loss efforts.

Try kicking the booze for a month and see how much difference it makes to your weight loss efforts.

:agree:.............. Bigtime !!

I did it for two weeks when I was in Iran back in May, and it didn't seem to make any difference. I was also eating less because there was lots of sweet food on offer, and I had a stomach problem as well.

Probably non if I only drink vodka on weekends, as it's pretty much as clean as water. Ok, when you put sugar free drinks mixed in it adds sweeteners, but I'm drinking those on side anyway. They are what help me kill the sugar cravings.

Got a few things in the post to help me along, a magnesium joint spray [aching all over and very possibly lacking in mag and potassium], some xanthan gum [to help make the bread less crumbly] cod liver oil caps and some electrolyte powders - Really lacking energy lately and these are all recommended to supplement

I’ve had health anxiety since having a panic attack in the late sixties,probably caused by amphetamines.
Never been overweight but been on every so called health diet since with quite a few bingeing eat what I want episodes.
Some of the systems were Macrobiotics.vegan
Vegetarian paleo,perfect health diet,high fat low carb,high carb low fat,Atkins.mucousless diet.raw food diet.no raw food diet,chines diet,Japanese diet.zone diet
Juice diet,only fruit before 12 diet.keeping carbs sep from protein etc diet and numerous more,fasting intermittent fasting,in fact I’ve being doing the 16/8 for ages,it’s a piece of p,,s,finish eating at 6pm,eat at 10am or later as I often don’t get hungry till later.
All of those are to try and avoid illness,I’ve done loads of the alternate practices too
Yoga tai chi Chi gong running cycling weights skipping rebounding swimming fast walking shiatsu reflexology do-in acupuncture hypnosis chiropractor osteopath physio
Herbs western Chinese,just about every well known form of meditation and lesser.known.and endless others.

Just about to start for about the umpteenth time food eating based on Chinese system of dietics.
Yes I have had therapy of the western medicine type but it’s just how I am so I just get on with doing stuff as and when I feel like a change.
Health wise I guess I’ve been ok so far as long as you don’t include Health aniexty,
Good work with the weight loss guys.(y)

I’ve had health anxiety since having a panic attack in the late sixties,probably caused by amphetamines.
Never been overweight but been on every so called health diet since with quite a few bingeing eat what I want episodes.
Some of the systems were Macrobiotics.vegan
Vegetarian paleo,perfect health diet,high fat low carb,high carb low fat,Atkins.mucousless diet.raw food diet.no raw food diet,chines diet,Japanese diet.zone diet
Juice diet,only fruit before 12 diet.keeping carbs sep from protein etc diet and numerous more,fasting intermittent fasting,in fact I’ve being doing the 16/8 for ages,it’s a piece of p,,s,finish eating at 6pm,eat at 10am or later as I often don’t get hungry till later.
All of those are to try and avoid illness,I’ve done loads of the alternate practices too
Yoga tai chi Chi gong running cycling weights skipping rebounding swimming fast walking shiatsu reflexology do-in acupuncture hypnosis chiropractor osteopath physio
Herbs western Chinese,just about every well known form of meditation and lesser.known.and endless others.

Just about to start for about the umpteenth time food eating based on Chinese system of dietics.
Yes I have had therapy of the western medicine type but it’s just how I am so I just get on with doing stuff as and when I feel like a change.
Health wise I guess I’ve been ok so far as long as you don’t include Health aniexty,
Good work with the weight loss guys.(y)

You've been around I've no doubt - panic attacks are no joke, our daughter suffers them, so does my missus to a lesser extent. During a course I did recently on social studies, I had to do a presentation - something that was enough to give me anxiety!! and that is precisely what I did the presentation on. Through research for it I learned so much, realised I suffer from it myself. Or at least, did, I'm much more confident in myself nowadays, but there was a dark time when I hated walking outside the front door. I was so paranoid and felt so weak minded, thought everyone everywhere was judging me. Now, well, I hope they still do, because they can lick my left testicle for a reaction :D I learned to strengthen my mind, over time, not an easy thing to do. I learned that my anxieties were created by ME, those glancing looks those snarky words from others, they were all just in that moment, I didn't need to carry them around. I own my headspace, and I'm not looking for any lodgers.

This diet I'm running right now is also for ME! well, my family too, I don't plan to leave them anytime soon, they need me right now. I've had a few scares, after piling on weight my cholesterol went through the roof, I've had irregular heart beat, I've had to go on inhalers because I ran out of breath just climbing one flight of stairs, I've woke up in vinegar sweats or not breathing etc ... Time to stomp all of that. Losing the bit of weight I have thus far has already improved things vastly. I'm breathing much better, especially at night, I've ditched the inhaler, no more weird sweating, I feel much fresher in the morning ... but, I'm still aching all over, so I'm not there quite yet.

Still doing 16/8, but I still like to eat a bit later than the average Joe, so it's more like 11pm cut off, and I don't eat until at least 3pm, I don't feel any the weaker for that.

You've been around I've no doubt - panic attacks are no joke, our daughter suffers them, so does my missus to a lesser extent. During a course I did recently on social studies, I had to do a presentation - something that was enough to give me anxiety!! and that is precisely what I did the presentation on. Through research for it I learned so much, realised I suffer from it myself. Or at least, did, I'm much more confident in myself nowadays, but there was a dark time when I hated walking outside the front door. I was so paranoid and felt so weak minded, thought everyone everywhere was judging me. Now, well, I hope they still do, because they can lick my left testicle for a reaction :D I learned to strengthen my mind, over time, not an easy thing to do. I learned that my anxieties were created by ME, those glancing looks those snarky words from others, they were all just in that moment, I didn't need to carry them around. I own my headspace, and I'm not looking for any lodgers.

This diet I'm running right now is also for ME! well, my family too, I don't plan to leave them anytime soon, they need me right now. I've had a few scares, after piling on weight my cholesterol went through the roof, I've had irregular heart beat, I've had to go on inhalers because I ran out of breath just climbing one flight of stairs, I've woke up in vinegar sweats or not breathing etc ... Time to stomp all of that. Losing the bit of weight I have thus far has already improved things vastly. I'm breathing much better, especially at night, I've ditched the inhaler, no more weird sweating, I feel much fresher in the morning ... but, I'm still aching all over, so I'm not there quite yet.

Still doing 16/8, but I still like to eat a bit later than the average Joe, so it's more like 11pm cut off, and I don't eat until at least 3pm, I don't feel any the weaker for that.
You’ve done really well.thanks for sharing.unless you’ve been through experiences that are similar to another it’s often hard to get where they’re coming from .
No doubt you are a strength to your family and that can be a great stimulator to get into action as you have.
I’ve been through [ no pun intended] ;)the front door thing ,my bike is a big help there as it is a means to escape but I can’t travel on a motorway or long dual carriageway,,not nor will ever fly again since ‘84.i carry diazepam which I know is a crutch,but helps me enter some situations I wouldn’t if I wasn’t carrying it.
You’ve done well to fight that nighttime breathing problem,can be a scary time in the middle of the night.ive currently got 8 cats in my room for company,the other 3 are around elsewhere:D,they are great companions.
I only live round the corner from where I was born so will probably die here also,lifeswizzed by but I’ve been blessed with fun laughter great friends lovers and kids so am very grateful ,had a wild 10 years that were fulfilling.so thankful to Life.
Hope things continue to improve for you.today is a new day and the basmati rice fish and veg are calling,some meditation and chi gong and a visit to my Barbadian lady friend for a workout :ROFLMAO:,life ain’t so bad :ROFLMAO::ty:

You’ve done really well.thanks for sharing.unless you’ve been through experiences that are similar to another it’s often hard to get where they’re coming from .
No doubt you are a strength to your family and that can be a great stimulator to get into action as you have.
I’ve been through [ no pun intended] ;)the front door thing ,my bike is a big help there as it is a means to escape but I can’t travel on a motorway or long dual carriageway,,not nor will ever fly again since ‘84.i carry diazepam which I know is a crutch,but helps me enter some situations I wouldn’t if I wasn’t carrying it.
You’ve done well to fight that nighttime breathing problem,can be a scary time in the middle of the night.ive currently got 8 cats in my room for company,the other 3 are around elsewhere:D,they are great companions.
I only live round the corner from where I was born so will probably die here also,lifeswizzed by but I’ve been blessed with fun laughter great friends lovers and kids so am very grateful ,had a wild 10 years that were fulfilling.so thankful to Life.
Hope things continue to improve for you.today is a new day and the basmati rice fish and veg are calling,some meditation and chi gong and a visit to my Barbadian lady friend for a workout :ROFLMAO:,life ain’t so bad :ROFLMAO::ty:

Cheers, love the positive vibes :) Would you like 2 more cats? :D the ones we have here drive me cuckoo .... but then I'd miss them if they were gone. I hate flying too, was terrified of it for years before I met my missus, but she got me traveling again. I've seen more of the world and got to see more live gigs [another thing that used to make me nervous] in the 14yr I've known her, than the 28yrs prior. Sometimes all it takes is others to have a little confidence in you

Bloody hell, I would have thought that such a rate of weight gain is impossible. It takes roughly 3000 surplus calories to gain one pound. You have had about 50,000 cals too many. Were you eating when you should have been sleeping.
Guiness book of records material :D
Sorry for the late reply, not getting notifications.

When you reintroduce sugar and carb in your diet your body starts to retain water again. Those 7kg are now gone again (week later). [emoji123]

Arse!!! A paltry 3/4 of a pound this week! Was aiming for 3 but 2 would have at least meant a full stone. Not sure why as have ran for 20 miles in last 2 weeks and biked 57 miles so keeping to plan and exercising too. Had moved my syns last week and this to 10 max per day rather than the 14 and actually averaged 8.7 per day. The only plus was I knocked out a 6 mile run on Sunday at 10.59 average (slowest mile was 11.28) which was a big improvement on 2 weeks ago when knocking out 2 mile runs at 12 mins per mile. Had a quick 2 mile fast pace run tonight at average of 9.37 per mile. Only a small amount of silver lining on this big cloud! After 5lb, 3.5lb and 3.5lb it is disappointing!

Arse!!! A paltry 3/4 of a pound this week! Was aiming for 3 but 2 would have at least meant a full stone. Not sure why as have ran for 20 miles in last 2 weeks and biked 57 miles so keeping to plan and exercising too. Had moved my syns last week and this to 10 max per day rather than the 14 and actually averaged 8.7 per day. The only plus was I knocked out a 6 mile run on Sunday at 10.59 average (slowest mile was 11.28) which was a big improvement on 2 weeks ago when knocking out 2 mile runs at 12 mins per mile. Had a quick 2 mile fast pace run tonight at average of 9.37 per mile. Only a small amount of silver lining on this big cloud! After 5lb, 3.5lb and 3.5lb it is disappointing!

I'm sure it gets tougher the closer you get to your ideal weight? I haven't weighed myself in a few days now, it was the same each time more or less so figured I'll do something like you, just do one weigh per week. I think I knocked myself ou of ketosis over last weekend, it was our daughter's birthday and though I never touched any of the actual party food, I did have some takeaway [some fried chicken and a handful of chips], and wine, and may or may not have eaten some pizza :angelic:

Last edited:

I wish I could get back on the bike, I still have worries about my hands and the lack of feeling, unable to pull the brake levers in.
I should bring the old turbo bike into the house and do half an hour each day on it.
I will have to do it, no messing around, because in the last 7 months I have put on 4 kilos, and I should have lost 4 kilos.

Back