The end of Poundland Agfa?

Bound to happen one day. As the saying goes, "All good things come to an end". Was plenty of 200 x24 in my local earlier in the week. 400 I haven't seen for a while though. Maybe a seasonal thing with your branch more interested in Chrimbo merchandise & it will be back in the New Year? Stocks of it have been intermittent at times everywhere.

Well I emailed head office early this year because my local ran out and they said "it's up to the manager to re order"...so get hold of him\her and complain.

Looking at your profile it says Surrey, just saying as I'm in Surrey too and in case you are close enough to Crawley for it to be of any use ? Looked in there the other day and they had plenty more than the last time I had looked a few weeks before at any rate.

I am in Surrey too. The Sutton branch was the one that had it in stock on Monday.

This was Woking. It's not the biggest deal I only really wanted some to practice loading the dev tank and then at some point to try some c-41 development.

We did ask the first time and they said they weren't sure if it would be in. Did seem they were more fussed about Xmas to be fair.

Good job I still have about 100 rolls of various 200/400 in me film cubby hole!

To be fair if I wanted to shoot colour film id probably get something better but was great as a first few rolls and to test the cameras. I have seen it for £2.50 a roll though.

Whenever I walk past my local poundland I always pop in and try to get some, but I've never actually found a single roll in there!

Tried a few other places today including the pound world. No good deals on cheap colour. Best deal was boots on Kodak ultra. So ended up blowing all my boots points on some HP5 (free film!)

Lots of 200 x24 in the Wolverhampton Wulfrun Poundland today. None of the 400 I was after though.

Nowt in Poundland Wigan today :(

Decided I needed some Agfa in my life so I rang my next nearest store (Dorchester, about a 42 mile round trip) and they said they had a fair bit in stock. Was a nice little road trip after work yesterday to get some. They had 30-40 rolls in stock and I picked up 12 :D Add the cost of fuel to get there and back (works out about a fivers worth of diesel) and it works out about £1.40 a roll :D

^^^^ WIN!

Well the site shows vista film http://www.poundland.co.uk/agfa-photo-camera-film-20024 and my local branch has had no stock for 2 months (falls on deaf ears if you mention it to the staff), so I contacted customers service to ask for someone in authority to email the manager at my local branch to order some.
I don't need any but other people are buying it otherwise they wouldn't be running out and if we all bombarded customer services they might pull their finger out for other branches.
So let's see what happens when they reply in 72 hrs.

So let's see what happens when they reply in 72 hrs.

"Dear Mr Excalibur, Thank you for your recent communication. I would like to point out that most Poundland stores already stock a selection of films. These are available on DVD and include foreign language remakes of US movies you may have heard of, transfers of straight-to-video horror movies made on a budget of tuppence ha'penny and a few buckets of tomato ketchup, and a range of terribly improbably shark movies. I trust that you will find something to your satisfaction among these. Regards, Mr. P. Oundland, Customer Diservices Department"

:)

Well guys it looks like no Vista at the warehouse so can't supply the shops:-

email sent and reply

Hi
You advertise camera film http://www.poundland.co.uk/agfa-photo-camera-film-20024 but I have mentioned to the staff at Uxbridge that for 2 months there has been no film to buy and it falls on deaf ears so would someone in authority please email or send a letter to the manager AT least to the Uxbridge branch (many other branches have no stock)...to order some.
Thank you

Thank you for your recent email.

Our system shows that our Uxbridge store have sold out of this item, we currently have no warehouse stock available however we have a delivery due from our suppliers, this will be delivered at the beginning of February. Please contact us again at this time and we will check availability for you.

Kind Regards
Rachel
Customer Relations Supervisor

Just to add:- auto save is a great idea as I had emails on two computers so had to copy and paste from both for this post with two talkphotography.co.uk open at the same time.

Last edited:
Well, that's really good news - someone is still supplying them, they're still buying it. I'm sure we all had a sneaking suspicion that £land were sitting on a crate of the stuff and when that was gone the cheap film era was over. Thanks Brian.

I bought 60 odd rolls from Newbury, they haven't had any more in since...

I've being trying to find the global suppliers of Asta Vista as Poundland must use them...lots of big boys in the world market but typed in "camera film" and am not getting anywhere.

I've being trying to find the global suppliers of Asta Vista as Poundland must use them...lots of big boys in the world market but typed in "camera film" and am not getting anywhere.

The company that commissions the "Agfa" films is Lupus Imaging & Media. Their website can be found at http://www1.lupus-imaging-media.com/en/agfaphoto-film.html

To be honest though, apart from the APX films that they sell none of their films are at all based on actual Agfa products, and are just re-branded from other manufacturers (usually Fuji); they just have the brand name licensed to them at the moment, and re-use the old Agfa product names with "Plus" at the end as their mostly nothing like the originals!

Last edited:
The company that commissions the "Agfa" films is Lupus Imaging & Media. Their website can be found at http://www1.lupus-imaging-media.com/en/agfaphoto-film.html

To be honest though, apart from the APX films that they sell none of their films are at all based on actual Agfa products, and are just re-branded from other manufacturers (usually Fuji); they just have the brand name licensed to them at the moment, and re-use the old Agfa product names with "Plus" at the end as their mostly nothing like the originals!

Well I don't care what name they call their film as long as it's good stuff ;).....They are selling 400 ISO as well, but they are not selling to consumers and it would be interesting to know what their min order is, anyway how do we persuade Poundland to order some 400 assuming they can make a profit on a bulk order as I'm sure it would be a hot seller being superia 400(y)

'BOOTS Universal' IS Fuji 'Superia 400' BUT they don't sell it at £ 1-00 a roll ! I am using some dated 2005 and it comes out well rated at 200 ASA .

Macodirect sell Vista 200 and 400 36 shot for €2.90 and €2.70 respectively (odd that the 400 is cheaper). For 10 films the 200 drops to €2.70. However, there is a minimum order of just under €40, and the postage is €14.90. A Euro is worth about 77p today, so even with postage a minimum order is only around £2 per film. I made the mistake of buying the (then) slightly cheaper 24 shot 400s, and I'm paying the extra in development costs, but that wouldn't worry Brian so much, with ASDA available to him!

just been into farnborough as I wanted at least one roll to test the XA2, ended up getting one Kodak BW400cn and one Ilford HP5 from Boots.
C'mon Poundland we need more Vista :help:

Macodirect sell Vista 200 and 400 36 shot for €2.90 and €2.70 respectively (odd that the 400 is cheaper). For 10 films the 200 drops to €2.70. However, there is a minimum order of just under €40, and the postage is €14.90. A Euro is worth about 77p today, so even with postage a minimum order is only around £2 per film. I made the mistake of buying the (then) slightly cheaper 24 shot 400s, and I'm paying the extra in development costs, but that wouldn't worry Brian so much, with ASDA available to him!

I see they sell Fuji C200 (which is the same as the Vista 200 I believe) for €3.70 for 2 rolls, which bearing in mind they are 36 exp rolls, they are arguably cheaper than Poundland (before you pay postage anyway).

No more in Guildford..

Not Vista (in name anyway) but as the OP has been to Woking in Surrey hunting for Vista he may fancy a trip to Egham in Surrey? Maybe 10 miles away? Egham High Street Tesco has Fuji C200. They had about a dozen 3 packs of 24 exposures for £2 a pack this lunchtime.

Up in Edinburgh there was none in Nicholson St but around 100 rolls in St James Centre...

Looked in one of the Norwich stores today but none to be seen!

Plenty of 200 at BURY LANCS still!

Back