The end of Poundland Agfa?

I was in my Poundland shop today (Thurs 12th Feb) and seen around 50/60 rolls of Agfa Vista 200asa colour film (24 ex), I just bought a few rolls. I must return and stock up.

I went back into mine and the stock was replanished. So false alarm I guess.

I picked up a few rolls, not gone mad as I still haven't had the stuff I've shot dev'd yet.

.....remember guys it can't possibly stay at £1 for ever so stock up now.....mind you next, could be Vista with 12 exp.

Loads of 200 back in Uxbridge if anyone lives near.

10 in hudds yesterday if anyone desperately wants some I can get and post on

After checking the 4 Norwich stores over the past few months there were none to be seen. However whilst passing through Dereham on the way back from the North Norfolk Coast, I found some in the Poundland in the town. Picked up 20 to keep up appearances!

Reactions: PMN
There were about 20 in Cardiff Queen's St this morning. There's about 10 left now. :D

Had a meeting/deal and got lots of rolls for cheaper than a pound (200 asa 24exp)
:cool: It's not what you know....
Look in the ads for details.

Bumping this thread because according to Twitter, the end may be nigh :(

In short, someone posted the following question to Poundland's twitter account...

Zapiekanka ‏@jsnowdendavies
@Poundland there's talk on the "35mm Film Photography" group on Facebook that you are discontinuing camera film. Is this true?

And the reply...

Poundland ‏@Poundland 15h15 hours ago
@jsnowdendavies Hi, I am sorry this is true, we have discontinued this line.

Time to stock up then.:(

It would seem that the opinion of Poundland on Twitter differs from that of Poundland on facebook...

Warrick Moore‎ > Poundland
Why are you discontinuing Agfa vista plus 200 35mm film. Product no 93438. There are 100's of film photographers out there.

Poundland
Good Morning, our AGFAPHOTO VISTA range is still available in our stores and will be for the foreseeable future. Many thanks Sam

Link.

There were a few dozen in Lancaster on Saturday. I got a couple; may go back for a few more. As an earlier post said they are great for running through new toys to make sure everything is working as it should.

BTW - Hello all, first post - I've been watching from the sidelines for a while now.

Just been putting an order away and found most of my 200 vista is now ood with the 400 following soon, I seem to have little 35mm left in stocks most of it is dying.

i dont really use a lot of colour fillum , but i see a poudland in ********** when i was there over the weekend , the mrs went into boots so i went to see if they had any ,,,found it picked up a wrapped pack of ten ,,,,,,and got charged a quid ,,,when i got back to the car and told the mrs she said it wasnt right and she went straight back in ,,,,,and came back with another pack of ten for a quid ,,,,i didnt realise she meant it wasnt right that id only picked up the one pack of ten ,,, thats me sorted for a while with colour then .!

hmm i got some a couple of months ago in my local - not been in since. might pop in at weekend to get some more to stock up then

I just wish that my Poundland would stock it! Cambridge is probably one of the worst places to live if you want anything that's more budget friendly (in the whole city there's only a tiny Poundland, a B&M and an Aldi located right on the outskirts on the other side of the city!).

wow, really? my high street has 2 poundlands, a 99p shop, a home discounts and then just outside town near where i work there is a b&M and home bargains next door to one another, theres 2 Lidls within spitting distance and an Aldi!

Some people i know in london have never even heard of home bargains and B&M - i was shocked! i worship them (altho they never do film)

Same at the Sutton Surrey branch today. I stocked up with 20 rolls just to be on the safe side.

Bury in Lancashire has plenty, they had just stocked the shelf when I was there today. If anyone wants any I would be happy to send some at cost plus whatever postage.

Plenty in Southend on Sunday. Bought 5 as a panic buy even tho I have 7 at home, just to be on the safe side.....

Plenty in my local Poundland, may buy in a few just to be on the safe side.

Interesting to see the pic with that purple film canister; I've never seen one like that in the flesh. I wonder if that hints at a change in the underlying film?

Interesting to see the pic with that purple film canister; I've never seen one like that in the flesh. I wonder if that hints at a change in the underlying film?

I have never seen that cannister through the C41 room. Wonder if it's a stock pic/dummy roll of some sort?

Always seem to be plenty in Sheffield city centre store, got a new store opening closer to me. Maybe they will stock it too.

Last edited:
Read on another forum that Fuji have announced a price rise effective from October. Assume it will put the cost price of Vista up? Wonder whether an increase will cause problems for Poundland in carrying it still?

Read on another forum that Fuji have announced a price rise effective from October. Assume it will put the cost price of Vista up? Wonder whether an increase will cause problems for Poundland in carrying it still?

nah they'ill just put the pr,,,,,,,,,,,,,ah maybe not :D

There's still some in the Poundland Martlesham Heath, near Ipswich Suffolk if that's any good to anyone?

Sounds like Poundland are getting rid of it after all, someone asked again on their twitter page and they confirmed it's been discontinued

https://BANNED/ScandarSilva/status/671326745556066304

Although they said that a while back too, so maybe Poundland themselves don't even know...

Sounds like Poundland are getting rid of it after all, someone asked again on their twitter page and they confirmed it's been discontinued

https://BANNED/ScandarSilva/status/671326745556066304

Although they said that a while back too, so maybe Poundland themselves don't even know...

Well it will have to be discontinued eventually as they can't continue to sell it for £1 for ever and make a profit.....I've noticed this on other products that just disappear.
Maybe Chinese film will be sold as Ferrania is gone which they used to sell years ago.

Last edited:
Love it or loathe it, the end of cheap Vista looks possible if social media is to be believed.

Back