The end of Poundland Agfa?

Booo wish I'd known this at weekend and I would have stocked up, might all be gone next time I go in, bummer. What a shame

I thought the stock level of film in my local store had decreased quite a bit. Guess I know why now

Looking on their website http://www.fujifilm.com/products/films/color_negative_films/index.html I don't think Fuji make c200 (Vista) film anymore, so maybe the stock has dried up.

Fuji have hardly every mentioned about C200, probably because it's the budget, inferior quality version of what they already sell and the emulsion is years old (late 80's to early 90's). It wouldn't surprise me if what they've been selling is from bulk rolls made years ago and frozen as that's apparently pretty much what Kodak do with the similar ColourPlus 200 (i.e, we have this old stuff in frozen storage, why not sell it?).

Fuji have hardly every mentioned about C200, probably because it's the budget, inferior quality version of what they already sell and the emulsion is years old (late 80's to early 90's). It wouldn't surprise me if what they've been selling is from bulk rolls made years ago and frozen as that's apparently pretty much what Kodak do with the similar ColourPlus 200 (i.e, we have this old stuff in frozen storage, why not sell it?).

Must be related to old stock some how as I can remember Poundland selling Kodak 400 Ultra, now it's called Ultramax. Same for Ferrania when you come to think of it:- when they knew the company was going down the pan because they couldn't shift the film, and to get some return, they probably shifted it at rock bottom prices to some middlemen.
Anyway if you can't get cheap film anymore then the winners would be Kodak and Fuji and maybe Ferrania (h'mm if it is ever produced).

Last edited:
I stopped buying a long time ago,when the 36 exposure films were discontinued .

Will have to dash in and see if any are still going next time im in town. i do have about 10 or so anyway, but hoarding takes over. Previously i had bought a 3 pack of 36 fuji and it was about £12 so i guess thats the price point to be looking at for 'cheapest'

I hadn’t been to fussed with this previously as I’m not shooting much 35mm, but seeing as it’s not going to be around forever especially at this price and I have a poundland 5 minutes from my work, I thought I would go and see if they had any. They did and I grabbed 25 rolls of Vista 200 24exp, expiry date is November 2017 and I’m happy to have it sat in the fridge for the time being.

Still a few rolls on the shelf in Milton Keynes, but like @dan_yell says, the hoarding instinct might kick in and I have to fight the urge to go and buy the rest.

I used to have the 36 exposure rolls. I've gone off vista. I prefer the cheapo kodak.

I decided that the 24-shot rolls at £1 plus development were more expensive than the 36-shot rolls from macodirect (provided enough volume to absorb the high delivery cost) plus development. But if it's going to be discontinued there too...

Signed, over 1,000 so far! :):):)

From the link it seems the supplier has put the price up and Poundland or in a strait jacket as quite a few products I would have still bought if the price went up a small amount.....so why don't they make an exception for film and price it at say £1.20.

Macodirect selling 3-packs of 36 exposure Vista 200 for €7.74, works out at a bit under £5.60 according to Google, ie under £2 per pack. That's 5p per exposure vs 4p per exposure for £land. At Asda process and scan prices, £land film works out at about 17p per shot vs 14p per shot for macodirect... ignoring postage, of course! Oh, and there website says it's available. But I'll take a few more packs of Vista 400 instead at €3.09 on 10 or more...

Loads at Uxbridge about 80 rolls, also noticed they are selling things over £1 e.g. 3 for £2...so they could offer film at say 5 rolls for £6

According to Another Place I frequent, they're bringing it back "due to popular demand", or so says a customer relations person. (Also, apparently they sell them in "Dealz" shops, although I've never seen a Dealz.)

According to Another Place I frequent, they're bringing it back "due to popular demand", or so says a customer relations person. (Also, apparently they sell them in "Dealz" shops, although I've never seen a Dealz.)
A Google search told me that Dealz is a chain of discount retail stores predominantly in the Republic of Ireland and Additional Dealz stores have also opened in the UK: one in Kirkwall, Orkney and another in Douglas, Isle of Man.

Managed to get some in Guildford today. Not many left now..

Lots in the Sutton in Surrey branch earlier today. Didn't get any as haven't shot any of the 20 rolls I got the last time Poundland were going to drop it.

Lots in the Sutton in Surrey branch earlier today. Didn't get any as haven't shot any of the 20 rolls I got the last time Poundland were going to drop it.

h'mm plan for the future for when there aint't none ;)

None in the Brizzle Poundland! I have about 15 rolls left so I might do the same as Woodsy ;)

None of the Poundlands I've tried in Edinburgh or Leamington have any stock. But I keep wondering why I look, as 24-shot C41 is so uneconomical compared with 36-shot! (OK, price does play a small part, but processing is a big part too!).

Well if Pounland just break even (not a loss)..film doesn't take up much room and filmies might buy other goods while there.

some still in stock in both southend stores, some with newer looking packaging.

Can't be many filmies around Uxbridge as there are still loads left n Poundland.

Some of the new packaging, 24 exposure, 2017 date, in one of the Coventry Poundlands. I wonder if the underlying film has changed... I didn't note the exact name of the film...

is this and the fuji c200 that pound land had before the same film (manufactured the same)?

haven't seen any in west london.

is this and the fuji c200 that pound land had before the same film (manufactured the same)?

haven't seen any in west london.

Uxbridge..poundland is very near the tube station, even with tube cost the film is still cheap...the more you buy the more you save.
or
By car:- park in Sainsburys or Halfords\Wicks and it's about a 6min walk

Last edited:
Out here in the East, I've not found a branch without any. There's around twenty or thirty of them still in my nearest branch (Wisbech). I have shot some x36 Poundland lately, and have some frozen. However, all that it's done is reaffirm my love of the b/w negative.

Lakeside branch has some so thought I would grab some. The woman behind the till wasn't sure about the film she asked if I needed a memory card -____-

jsg4lz.jpg

Kilmarnock Branch has a good amount still on the shelves, dated 12/2007 so good for a while yet. Bought a couple this morning for a new Nikon EM I acquired at the weekend from a wee vintage shop :)

Kilmarnock Branch has a good amount still on the shelves, dated 12/2007 so good for a while yet. Bought a couple this morning for a new Nikon EM I acquired at the weekend from a wee vintage shop :)

When my father dropped his AE-1 camera into salt water and with the insurance money he asked me to get a simple camera for him and I chose the EM with Nikon AIs 50mm....later I inherited this camera and used it now and again and I can't think of one shot where the exposure was wrong.

I thought the EM handled these shots quite well with no tripod

Last edited:
Possibly that post in the wrong thread, Brian?

Nice shots Brian. Thanks. Looking forward to getting out with the EM soon!

Just used a few rolls in Gran Canaria with my Olympus trip 35 my stocks are now pretty low

Back