The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Anyone using (probably the 2x) TC with the 50-140? Thoughts on this combo (thinking airshow with the TC) - in terms of focus speed, IQ etc...

Anyone using (probably the 2x) TC with the 50-140? Thoughts on this combo (thinking airshow with the TC) - in terms of focus speed, IQ etc...
Worked really well for me on safari. Granted the wildlife doesn’t move the speed of a jet! Found the performance was excellent with no discernible IQ issues and the TC gave a nice bit of extra reach.

1.4 TC is ok, 2x is too much loss of quality for me personally, others may disagree

I posted a pic above of the path to Fargno. Yesterday we walked it and were rewarded with:

1. View of Monte Bove from Rifugio del Fargno
Fargno-5 by Ian, on Flickr

2. The Rifugio (hidden away due to the high winds here)
Fargno-4 by Ian, on Flickr

3. Sunset over Bolognola
Fargn0-8 by Ian, on Flickr

Nice set Ian, love #2 especially.

"The XXX Fuji thread" (That's X-T, X-H & Xpro for those of you with dirty minds....)

However, seeing as there is over 60% in favour of one name, maybe that's the way to go. I mean, even Brexit was only 52% :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

1.4 TC is ok, 2x is too much loss of quality for me personally, others may disagree

Interesting - currently thinking if this combo may be the answer to my dilemma! The longest lens I will probably have is the 16-55 or 50mm - a lot of the time that's fine and anything over 85mm (on FF) was not my most used in Nikon days but a longer lens was useful on many occasions. Currently have 4 options:

50-230 I have but will probably return, IQ is not too bad on the initial test but taking pics of my son's football in December may be different as its not the brightest! Very light though and very cheap! The 55-200 is circa £450 and will still be relatively light, and faster and probably be ok, but a bit short for the odd airshow. 100-400 is too heavy for everyday use, and too long a lot of the time and too expensive. The 50-140 gives me that 70-200 length I have used in the past and lighter than Nikon offerings! Too short for airshows but whack on the TC and it gives me 420mm which is a useful length. It is not the cheapest combo but is effectively 2 lenses in 1 then.

Not sure if it makes a difference but the TC wold normally be used at f8-f11.

I'd noticed :D

It seems to me that the Poll should be closed early as it is clear that a vast majority want some sort of all embracing Fuji Thread.
The most appropriate and most commonly suggested, would seem to be Either "The Fuji X Thread" Or the "The Fuji thread"

"The Fuji X thread" does clearly indicate that it concerns all the more advanced Fuji digital camera systems.
Whereas "Fuji tread" would include anything Fuji including basic compact, bridge and film cameras, and more obscure items.
While the second option might be generally interesting at times, it is largely a different audience with different primary interests.
It is probably time to just make an "Executive Cobra strike decision" and rename this thread accordingly
I doubt any one will object.
I would suggest leaving all the other Fuji threads as they are, but adding a link to their titles directing them to this thread. Merging them would just be a total mess. Over time they will wither on the vine. but still be searchable.

FGS has this escalated into a full on COBRA meeting at no10 ? Boris has enough to sort out already.

The wife used the 50-140 and 1.4TC on her X-T3 at Cleethorpes armed forces day and the combination worked superb, she got stunning results

Add 'The Fabulous Fuji Thread' to the poll and I reckon it would win by a mile :D
I could Andrea, but its a one vote option, you can't vote twice or change your vote, It'll be a poor showing I bet ;)

It seems to me that the Poll should be closed early as it is clear that a vast majority want some sort of all embracing Fuji Thread.
The most appropriate and most commonly suggested, would seem to be Either "The Fuji X Thread" Or the "The Fuji thread"

"The Fuji X thread" does clearly indicate that it concerns all the more advanced Fuji digital camera systems.
Whereas "Fuji tread" would include anything Fuji including basic compact, bridge and film cameras, and more obscure items.
While the second option might be generally interesting at times, it is largely a different audience with different primary interests.
It is probably time to just make an "Executive Cobra strike decision" and rename this thread accordingly
I doubt any one will object.
I would suggest leaving all the other Fuji threads as they are, but adding a link to their titles directing them to this thread. Merging them would just be a total mess. Over time they will wither on the vine. but still be searchable.

:plus1::agree: to all of that.

George.

giphy.gif

Any more complaints ? :p

Last edited:
Not at all, just nobody had mentioned we're fabulous beforehand
But the (Clear) winner is

• Fuji XT & H
    Votes: 36 61.0%
  • Fuji XT
    Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Leave as is
    Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Title all the available models
    Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Close and start afresh with 2 separate threads
    Votes: 00.0%

• Who cares ? I prefer Canon anyway.
    Votes: 1 1.7%
    If you want another poll just let me know all the options, this time.
    You know, then we can do a best of three just like that "Other" referendum" :D

But the (Clear) winner is

• Fuji XT & H
    Votes: 36 61.0%
  • Fuji XT
    Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Leave as is
    Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Title all the available models
    Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Close and start afresh with 2 separate threads
    Votes: 00.0%

• Who cares ? I prefer Canon anyway.
    Votes: 1 1.7%
    If you want another poll just let me know all the options, this time.
    You know, then we can do a best of three just like that "Other" referendum" :D

I think the new name now is just right, glad we all thought of it :D

Back