The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Sunrise at Leigh-On-Sea with Fuji Xe1 and XF 16-55mm

eiLWFco.jpg

Stunning colour and light. Great lead-in lines as well.

For those who own (or have owned) a 55-200. Could you give me some pro`s and con`s in real world shooting please. I`m looking for a little more reach, as my longest other than the macro, is 56mm, It won`t be used too often, but for the odd time I fancy shooting some critters, it would come in handy. The big boy lenses are out of reach for the amount of use it`ll be getting. Plus I want to keep the weight down ;)

TIA (y)
With an extension tube its great for closeups

DSCF8280-Fotoklub.jpg

Cracking shot this, maybe tone down the green BG a bit :thinking:
Yeah, had a look at the C1 color settings and took it from auto to Provia (in RAW). My initial suspicion was it was Velvia:wave: somehow I cant select it for output processing now :thinking:

Great set if images Keith, IMO I think you and the X-H1 are now a perfect match.
Cheers Dave, I am loving the camera more recently I would say. The set up I use for macro has such shallow dof at longer focal lengths I just find pulling back to between 70-80mm allows that bit more precision then just crop in a bit. Some day I'll have that 80mm macro ... Mmm

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at London UK of a Young Lady Fiddler doing a bit of street playing.

X-H1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/250th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Young Lady Fiddler-03323 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Cracking and well timed shot George, she is looking right at you.

Nice one. As said, the eye contact makes all the difference. (y)

Thank you kindly fellow snapper, I sure do appreciate your reply.

George.

Last edited:
An experiment for me - X100F (AcrosR), uploaded to my phone, edited in Snapseed uploaded to TP - Greenham Common Control Tower

View attachment 254317

Edit - looked fine on phone, but now looks really soft!!

Uploading to Imgur and linking looks like this (is that any better?):-

H96sD9th.jpg

The tower in the #2 shot looks sharper to me.

The tower in the #2 shot looks sharper to me.

Yup, #2 is sharper overall, on the tower, the bushes and the foreground, though there is more noise in the sky

Thanks, the noise is almost certainly caused by in-phone processing, really difficult to judge stuff on a small screen, might have another go!!

I could never get with processing on my phone using LR, I almost always ended up re-processing on the laptop after checking. But then my phone is a bit out-dated and the screen not as good as higher end more up to date ones

Descisions descisions ... Now fuji have a 5 year extended warranty deal running, which I reckon is a pretty good thing. But, obviously there`s the price difference between uk and *cough* grey. Without getting into the politics of this one, which would you think the better deal would be, for my inpending 55-200? I can`t make my mind up :banghead:

Descisions descisions ... Now fuji have a 5 year extended warranty deal running, which I reckon is a pretty good thing. But, obviously there`s the price difference between uk and *cough* grey. Without getting into the politics of this one, which would you think the better deal would be, for my inpending 55-200? I can`t make my mind up :banghead:

What's the price difference? Do you think you will own it for 5years? It's not a lens I have ever heard anyone state they had any issues or faults over time with so there's that as reassurance. In fact, I can't think of any Fuji lenses that are known to have faults or issues over time, they do really put them together extremely well.

Last edited:
What's the price difference? Do you think you will own it for 5years? It's not a lens I have ever heard anyone state they had any issues or faults over time with so there's that as reassurance. In fact, I can't think of any Fuji lenses that are known to have faults or issues over time, they do really put them together extremely well.

About £150, which bites a bit for sure. I bought all my other fuji stuff from panamoz, so happy with them tbh, and they have 3 years. I-Efinity is mad cheap in comparison, but have never used them. As for owning time, so far I`m more than happy with my T2, and can`t see myself changing anytime in the near future.
e-ifinity £409, panamoz £565, UK £625

Last edited:
Back