The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Stroll along Sandown beach yesterday morning. Very blue skies and the crane which is building a premier inn on the sea front stood out. A view from under the pier walkway with the crane in the background. Very bright blue sky, Blue slider pulled back in C1 gave the almost pure black sky.

XT3 23mm 1.4

Pier and Crane by Nick Lowe, on Flickr

Very nice Fujigraph, really liking the high contrast presentation.

George.

Smashing. Lovely sky Steve.

Thanks Trev. I can't believe we've been here 9 weeks and not visited this place. The walk from the car park is lovely too, and that view across the Longleat Estate and beyond is amazing. We keep finding places like that around here, we're loving it.

Nice one. Well spotted. :)

Thanks :) one of those times where having a very old, soft-as-hell, glowy lens really enhances the image more than a modern, technically brilliant lens would.

Does anyone here shoot fuji in extreme conditions (storms, seas etc)? I have shot nikon before, very reliably, but the xt-2 seems... Less sealed. The xf 55-200 is not sealed either - is it a plastic bag job?

You must share some of your collie post-processing tips. I struggle with crushing blacks and whites!
I don't push the sliders too far....less is more. Subtleness is the key and don't rush the edit is the best tip I can give.

Peter

Any one got the 10-24 mm lens and noticed it creates light streaks if too far off square to a light source?
First time using it for a night shoot with a set of lights runing right to left across the frame at 45 degrees to the camera at around 18mm. The right 2 lights had light shafts radiate from the lights. With the 18-55 didn’t have these. I didn’t have time to play around with them but suspect it’s from the excessive curved front glass?

Any one got the 10-24 mm lens and noticed it creates light streaks if too far off square to a light source?
First time using it for a night shoot with a set of lights runing right to left across the frame at 45 degrees to the camera at around 18mm. The right 2 lights had light shafts radiate from the lights. With the 18-55 didn’t have these. I didn’t have time to play around with them but suspect it’s from the excessive curved front glass?

All extreme wide angle lenses are prone to flare if light sources are included in the frame, some are far more affected than others. Normal lenses also suffer from the same problem but modern designs and coatings have reduced the problem to acceptable levels. If you have less of a problem using the 18-55, then that is what you should use.
The complex construction necessary for extreme wide angles adds to the problems. If it is any consolation thing are far better now than they ever were in the past.

Just this morning placed an order via E-infinity for these 4x Fuji lenses; 10-24mm, 55-200mm, 56mm and 27mm.
Although the 56mm presently out of stock.

Onwards and upwards....

Peter
Some great lenses there. I have the 10-24, 56, 90, 50-140 and 100-400. I can't pick a favourite between the 10-24, 90 and 50-140.

Just this morning placed an order via E-infinity for these 4x Fuji lenses; 10-24mm, 55-200mm, 56mm and 27mm.
Although the 56mm presently out of stock.
Onwards and upwards....

Peter

That’s great Pete. Which body are you going for ?

Last edited:
That’s great Pete. Which body are you going for ?
Hi Trevor;

Was about to buy a Fuji refurb X-T1 on the Fuji site when someone beat me to it, so I'm about to buy a used X-E1 to tie me over until the X-T1 comes back into stock. I'd also like a X-Pro1.....my favourite X body to be honest!

Need to sell my current Nikon lenses to help fund X body purchases etc...

Cheers;
Peter

Hi Trevor;

Was about to buy a Fuji refurb X-T1 on the Fuji site when someone beat me to it, so I'm about to buy a used X-E1 to tie me over until the X-T1 comes back into stock. I'd also like a X-Pro1.....my favourite X body to be honest!

Need to sell my current Nikon lenses to help fund X body purchases etc...

Cheers;
Peter

WEX have a few good X-T1

I've just tried the 56, sweet Jesus I need it now.

If that lens had any way decent close focusing I think I'd own one by now, but saved some money and got the 50 F2 instead, suits my style a bit better. If I did a lot more portraiture I would probably have paid the extra for a used 56mm

Back